• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AT'S Who could of been PC'S

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I havnt been on here much but just wanted to bring up something Sakurai said about AT'S that could of been PC'S. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that Sakurai said somewhere that some characters that were featured as AT's were actually meant to be PC'S but in the end they didnt make the cut...Now with that said do you think people like Little Mac, Waluigi and Stafy, Lyn, Grey Fox could of possibly been in this game.

At first when i read what sakurai said about that I thought maybe these AT'S didnt make the cut cuz maybe Sakurai was going to put other big charcters in the roster instead like Geno, Ridely, Krystal, K. Rool, Claus etc. But instead we find out we got more clones....
What do you think of that?

I made this thread to ask a few diffrent questions that we can discuss like...

Would you of liked to see some of these charcters take the places of the unwanted clones?

Do you think these AT's were not PC'S because Sakurai didn't have time to put them in the final roster, story, and make Final smashes for them and give them a stage?

And my last question is what AT would you have replaced who with?
1. I would of put Krystal in either Falco's or Wolf's spot. Probably Falco's.
2. I would of put Waluigi in WW Link spot.
3. I would of maybe put Stafy in maybe Ness's spot. Im not a Ness hater but I thought for sure that Lucas was going to replace him.

Now I know these are a lot of questions to ask in one thread but to tell you the truth I don't want to split this into 2 threads right now so feel free to discuss on any of these...

Ebony Princess

Smash Cadet
I agree with you on that Stafy should have been playable, but not in Ness's spot. Toon Link's spot would be better. Waluigi probably would've ended up being a clone if he was in.

antimatter

Smash Lord
how would waluigi have been a clone? he is his own character, despite only appearing in spinoffs. he had moveset potential, because he didnt have his own moves that were set in stone.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Lyn.

They could take out anyone except maybe Falcon for her and I would be happy.

Ebony Princess

Smash Cadet
how would waluigi have been a clone? he is his own character, despite only appearing in spinoffs. he had moveset potential, because he didnt have his own moves that were set in stone.
Because I doubt they would've tried to create an original moveset for him, judging by what they've done with other characters in Brawl.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I agree with you on that Stafy should have been playable, but not in Ness's spot. Toon Link's spot would be better. Waluigi probably would've ended up being a clone if he was in.
Yeah we have our own opinions n $hit and maybe taking out Ness is A LIL MUCH but for WW Link to be in to me is A LIL MUCH because all these threads talked about how he can be so unique and whatever...He ended being like young link in Melee. But I see that you said Waluigi probably would have been a clone...How so? I doubt he would of cloned Wario..why?

Well remember I said Sakurai said that these AT'S could of been PC'S so most likely Walugi's AT attacks could of been his PC'S attacks and if you don't remember what they are I'll tell you waluigi had a stomp into the ground attack and a tennis racket attack..with those two already said that already makes him different from Wario.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Because I doubt they would've tried to create an original moveset for him, judging by what they've done with other characters in Brawl.
sighs

true. ah well. despite his not being popular, i have always had a morbid interest in waluigi being playable in a side scrolling, main stream mario game.

S2

Smash Lord
If characters are ATs when Sakurai wanted them as full playable characters, then it probably means they were cut for time.

So there is no way they would have been in over clone characters, since clones are basically a time saver when you have to put the game out. The clones didn't steal anyone's spot.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Actually, my favorite AT of the ones revealed so far was Saki Amamiya (forgive my spelling if it's wrong). He has a sword/gun combo which would've made him a projectile fiend.

As Sakurai said: "H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!'

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If characters are ATs when Sakurai wanted them as full playable characters, then it probably means they were cut for time.

So there is no way they would have been in over clone characters, since clones are basically a time saver when you have to put the game out. The clones didn't steal anyone's spot.

Wait are you saying since Sakurai didn't have time to make some these AT'S playable that if some these AT'S were in then it would of just added to the 35/39 charcter roster instead of take the place of clones? If I understood you correctly I'd say that might be a pretty good point. But I still believe in my theory too.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac shouldn't have been an AT. I can not believe that's all he is. However, I guess Sakurai wasn't looking for unique characters when he created the roster, he was looking for characters that he could slop together, or characters that could shock us.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The only 2 characters that I would have cut are Jigglypuff and Sheik. If you cut Roy because he's not relevant to the series anymore, then why keep those two?

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I havnt been on here much but just wanted to bring up something Sakurai said about AT'S that could of been PC'S. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that Sakurai said somewhere that some characters that were featured as AT's were actually meant to be PC'S but in the end they didnt make the cut...Now with that said do you think people like Little Mac, Waluigi and Stafy, Lyn, Grey Fox could of possibly been in this game.

At first when i read what sakurai said about that I thought maybe these AT'S didnt make the cut cuz maybe Sakurai was going to put other big charcters in the roster instead like Geno, Ridely, Krystal, K. Rool, Claus etc. But instead we find out we got more clones....
What do you think of that?

I made this thread to ask a few diffrent questions that we can discuss like...

Would you of liked to see some of these charcters take the places of the unwanted clones?

Do you think these AT's were not PC'S because Sakurai didn't have time to put them in the final roster, story, and make Final smashes for them and give them a stage?

And my last question is what AT would you have replaced who with?
1. I would of put Krystal in either Falco's or Wolf's spot. Probably Falco's.
2. I would of put Waluigi in WW Link spot.
3. I would of maybe put Stafy in maybe Ness's spot. Im not a Ness hater but I thought for sure that Lucas was going to replace him.

Now I know these are a lot of questions to ask in one thread but to tell you the truth I don't want to split this into 2 threads right now so feel free to discuss on any of these...
I find that most of the AT's really aren't important enough to be PC's anyways.

Just to let TC know, replacing 'have' with of is completely incorrect.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Ghoro, Lyn, Isaac, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Ray is an AT. If he is, him too! All of them should have been playable. D:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The only 2 characters that I would have cut are Jigglypuff and Sheik. If you cut Roy because he's not relevant to the series anymore, then why keep those two?
I agree with you on the Jiggy part...but not Sheik...If anythin Sheik should have been her own character. But we all knew no matter how the roster would of turned out that Jigglypuff/Puirn would of made the cut. Sad but true even though there is no reason to keep Jigglypuff around.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a list of AT's in the game. Ive heard Isaac and Shadow are aparantly AT's but have yet to see visual proof.

I hope to god Shadow isnt an AT over Knuckles and Tails (who run through the loop on Sonics stage).

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Unless there's something nobody's telling me, there's been no word of how K. Rool is incorporated in the game. (pleeeeeeaaaase don't give the "only a trophy" treatment again!)
I'm guessing he'll be an AT, and if so I'd trade him in for like anybody.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't think Waluigi should be playable over most other characters. He's simply not important. If he stars in something more than a spinoff title, maybe, but there are so many more deserving characters, especially those from unrepresented series like Isaac, Ray, and Andy. Isaac could have had a very unique moveset (contrary to popular belief, he does more than use his sword).

Why do so many people want to cut Jigglypuff? She has an original moveset, she's been there since the start, she's at least somewhat of a popular character in SSB, and she's probably one of the least-difficult unique characters to implement.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Unless there's something nobody's telling me, there's been no word of how K. Rool is incorporated in the game. (pleeeeeeaaaase don't give the "only a trophy" treatment again!)
I'm guessing he'll be an AT, and if so I'd trade him in for like anybody.
I was hoping that K. Rool wuld atleast be a boss but doesn't look like thats happening. But lets hope he's an AT atleast. He's was one of my top 3 charcters who I wanted in Brawl!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Why do so many people want to cut Jigglypuff? She has an original moveset, she's been there since the start, she's at least somewhat of a popular character in SSB, and she's probably one of the least-difficult unique characters to implement.
Believe me, I'm not a Roy fan. But tell me the reason why Mewtwo and Roy were cut and Sheik and Jiggly weren't? There's NO reason! Roy and Mewtwo also wouldn't be changed, so that's not an argument.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Believe me, I'm not a Roy fan. But tell me the reason why Mewtwo and Roy were cut and Sheik and Jiggly weren't? There's NO reason! Roy and Mewtwo also wouldn't be changed, so that's not an argument.
Shiek + Jiggly =unique and interesting

Roy = unknown clone (unintentional rhyming)

I can't vouch for mewtwo though.

Oh as well. Lyn and little mac should have been playable.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Little Mac, Starfy, Lyn, and Tingle are the only really deserving ATs.
So true. If Lyn was playable the roster (in my eyes) would be perfect... And a lot of people say Samurai Goroh is deserving. I can see the issue with Isaac though, unless he appears in another Golden Sun game (I don't think there will be any though?)

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Waluigi? In Toon Link's spot? Even though TL is a clone, Waluigi is not deserving of a spot in Brawl. :/

Opinions aside, Krystal over Falco since Wolf seems more bad-a$$...

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
Saki, Gray Fox, Little Mac, and Ray MK II for Playable Characters.

Krystal w/ Staff for Wolf in his cloned state.

But I have hope for WiiConnect 24 for downloadable characters and AT's.

If I were given five more spots in the roster for characters who are in AT form, I'd do...

Lyn
Starfy
Little Mac
Tingle
And Samurai Goroh.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So true. If Lyn was playable the roster (in my eyes) would be perfect... And a lot of people say Samurai Goroh is deserving. I can see the issue with Isaac though, unless he appears in another Golden Sun game (I don't think there will be any though?)
Isaac was deserving of a playable spot, but as I said earlier this roster wasn't focusing on what was unique, so that's probably why he didn't make it. -_-

Camelot is saying that they "have to" make another Golden Sun game, so there will be one in the future. Even if we Golden Sun fans got screwed over in Brawl, there's still hope for the future.

It's just really sad that he didn't make it. :(

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Isaac was deserving of a playable spot, but as I said earlier this roster wasn't focusing on what was unique, so that's probably why he didn't make it. -_-

Camelot is saying that they "have to" make another Golden Sun game, so there will be one in the future. Even if we Golden Sun fans got screwed over in Brawl, there's still hope for the future.

It's just really sad that he didn't make it. :(
Golden Sun DS anyone? Looking forward to that now...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
They could have taken out Marth and put in Lyn. Weren't Ike & Lyn part of the same storyline? (I might be wrong).

Take out Ness and put in Samurai Goroh :D

Lyn and Ike aren't even from the same country, IIRC.

Also, removing Marth for Lyn would've been a ****storm mistake - Lyn isn't very popular in Japan, but not only is Marth, he's also the original Lord.

Top Bottom