• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTENTION all smashboard helpers/musicians!

6footninja

Smash Ace
I am coordinating a new project, this project is one to remember. I am cooperating with multiple musicians to perform one of many Nintendo songs in real life instrumental! It will require some participation on your part, if you play any musical instrument decent enough that you think you will be able to learn, then go ahead and post it here. I am the bass player, so that is covered. As for other instruments I know are going to be included as of now.

- bass (me)
- guitar1, played by David Le
- guitar2, played by Iwontgetoverthedam
- saxophone, played by Seth Worthington (Riolu)
- Percussion (me).
- Piano, played by adumbrodeus
I am considering letting this be the final roster, first I must be sure that everyone included is sure they can participate. Anyone else wanting to join, same as above, (video is not required, but obviously audio is) then just let me know! This will turn into a video (of some form, im toying with collaboration, but that is only if I get enough participation).

Please don't hold back - the other two organizing this project (Seth and David) and myself are very open in the musical spirit. Nothing is taken as "stupid" or silly. If you have an idea, please contribute :). We take your ideas to mind.

EDIT Hopefully, everyone is content with the idea of playing Bramble Blast. And I am not catching you off gaurd by posting it here as the song we want to play. (I have mentioned it multiple times in this thread)
- Bramble Blast (original version) - Donkey Kong

Let's have a name! Since I am a bit rushed at the moment, I would like for some help in deciding a name for this project. So let me know what name you think should be used for this group of musicians :). (preferably from the musicians themselves, but if it's ceative and you are not participating, feel free to contribute)

Please note: This is a very adaptive instrumental, meaning that it may not be with the original instruments. (i.e. Aquatic ambience on guitar) <-- youtube that one.

-SWF exclusive project

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm a vocalist and a pianist. Considerably more skilled in the former then the latter, but I can definitely do the latter with enough time assuming it's not too complex a song.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
oh yeah? Any specific instruments that you would like to contribute using it?
Guitar is where I really shine, but I could also do things like synth pads or horns on my synth. I wouldn't mind doing vocals or backup on vocal tracks, though. Oh, I also have recording equipment, so that's no problem.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Guitar is where I really shine, but I could also do things like synth pads or horns on my synth. I wouldn't mind doing vocals or backup on vocal tracks, though. Oh, I also have recording equipment, so that's no problem.
Alright man, sounds great! I'll include you on the roster as guitar atm.

And adumbrodeus I will include you on the piano part,

6footninja

Smash Ace

Kazuma

Smash Cadet
This is very odd, considering most nintendo music has wind instruments. And strings. I don't see this working out too well.

6footninja

Smash Ace
This is very odd, considering most nintendo music has wind instruments. And strings. I don't see this working out too well.
Uhm, actually many nintendo songs have been recreated on guitar, bass, and drum set many times. And worked out very well.
i.e http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HniTE9jl4Y <--- if you know something about music, it is a universal language. Not only in the fact it can speak for anyone, but instruments are all connected within the "language" of music. It is not hard to transfer music from Orchestral instruments to Guitar etc. I see this working out just fine. You'll see

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I would help, but I'm not very mobile, so meeting to practice and stuff wouldn't work out at all. Btw, I play Piano and clarinet, and I'm really known in my area for picking up songs from ear extremely easily, especially video game songs.

6footninja

Smash Ace
I would help, but I'm not very mobile, so meeting to practice and stuff wouldn't work out at all. Btw, I play Piano and clarinet, and I'm really known in my area for picking up songs from ear extremely easily, especially video game songs.
ah, well I was thinking practicing on our own time at home, as long as we can each get our individual final track out on audio for the instrument we play. No need to meet up for practices as such,

6footninja

Smash Ace
Cool. I'm ready when you are. Just give me the song name and the tabs for it and I'll start right away.
Alright, great! I have a full power tab prepared. With every instrument we are using. But before I can send it to you, it requires Guitar Pro. Do you have it? If not Im more than happy to send it to you for free if you could PM me your email

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Alright, great! I have a full power tab prepared. With every instrument we are using. But before I can send it to you, it requires Guitar Pro. Do you have it? If not Im more than happy to send it to you for free if you could PM me your email
Cool. I just PM'd you my email.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Frickin awsome, I was just starting something similiar, a project I call BOOK(Brawl OST Organ Kovers(Cover with a K)), I'm a nearly 3rd year organ player(Electric Keyboards using chords), but I can't really tell chords by hear yet, as I can with notes, so I could only get right hand played off, and was looking for a partner for that reason, but this seems even better, plus I won't(probably?) have to get the chords I need myself.

Anyway, if you still need help with this, I would love to participate.(I've learned a few songs from the OST by now; Bramble Blast, Tetris Type A, Brawl's main theme, Fire Emblem's main theme, Mario's theme, and that song I'm not so sure of it's name(The one from Mario that sounds a little like Pokemon's route 1 song))
So again, would love to help, let me know if I could, and what I should do.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Frickin awsome, I was just starting something similiar, a project I call BOOK(Brawl OST Organ Kovers(Cover with a K)), I'm a nearly 3rd year organ player(Electric Keyboards using chords), but I can't really tell chords by hear yet, as I can with notes, so I could only get right hand played off, and was looking for a partner for that reason, but this seems even better, plus I won't(probably?) have to get the chords I need myself.

Anyway, if you still need help with this, I would love to participate.(I've learned a few songs from the OST by now; Bramble Blast, Tetris Type A, Brawl's main theme, Fire Emblem's main theme, Mario's theme, and that song I'm not so sure of it's name(The one from Mario that sounds a little like Pokemon's route 1 song))
So again, would love to help, let me know if I could, and what I should do.
Fantastic! Im excited about the participation this project is receiving. Seeing as you already know Bramble Blast, is even better. That is the song we plan to remake. Do you have a way to record it?

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to hear you guys do the Menu music from melee, I rather like that particular theme.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Violinist and pianist. Classically trained in both (can read music). Can do jazz (comping to chord changes), but not improv unless I write out solos to the changes beforehand. Very good at sight-reading, can make anything sound decent after a few run-throughs, though never seem to be able to perfect pieces after months of practice. Probably just because they sound better in my head that in real life.
If you really need a mandolin, I could possibly brush up on that as well. Or viola.

And let's see... how is this expected to come together? It seems a little ambitious for a bunch of wanna-be musician gamers scattered across the continent. If you can find a way for us to record remotely and somehow piece it all together without needing to travel, you are god.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
If we do Tetris Type A, that would be the epitome of my musical career. That eight-bar violin riff, though probably elementary (cuz I know the piano part is...), still sounds really badass.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic! Im excited about the participation this project is receiving. Seeing as you already know Bramble Blast, is even better. That is the song we plan to remake. Do you have a way to record it?
Would I really offer myself if I couldn't? =P
Give me an adress to send it to lol.
Btw, we ARE talking about the Brawl remix right?

Edit: I just looked back on some posts... bah, I was hoping for the Brawl remix, it's so much better, and also the fact no one has recorded a playing of it makes it more special =P(Not to mention it's my favorite Brawl music lol)

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Great idea you've got going here. I'd love to join with violin (there can never be too many violinists :p) but as I have no way to record or upload until maybe the end of summer I won't join... yet.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Would I really offer myself if I couldn't? =P
Give me an adress to send it to lol.
Btw, we ARE talking about the Brawl remix right?

Edit: I just looked back on some posts... bah, I was hoping for the Brawl remix, it's so much better, and also the fact no one has recorded a playing of it makes it more special =P(Not to mention it's my favorite Brawl music lol)
Ah, sorry. Maybe if you had been able to throw in your request earlier I would have gotten to it. Of course there is always the next one (if we have some "veterans" come back after this one. hehe) But once we compose Bramble Blast, we can always consider doing the Brawl remix. And about that first line, I was just making sure, a lot of people post before they consider their resources :laugh:

6footninja

Smash Ace
Violinist and pianist. Classically trained in both (can read music). Can do jazz (comping to chord changes), but not improv unless I write out solos to the changes beforehand. Very good at sight-reading, can make anything sound decent after a few run-throughs, though never seem to be able to perfect pieces after months of practice. Probably just because they sound better in my head that in real life.
If you really need a mandolin, I could possibly brush up on that as well. Or viola.

And let's see... how is this expected to come together? It seems a little ambitious for a bunch of wanna-be musician gamers scattered across the continent. If you can find a way for us to record remotely and somehow piece it all together without needing to travel, you are god.
Nice to hear from a violinist. The part of putting this all together is not too difficult. As long as everyone participating has a way to record. Im using an editing software called "Audacity". It IS a free software, (I don't have the money atm for sony's version :ohwell:) but it is a quality tool. I have usedit to produce and edit music created by old bands of mine. It has the potential to make professional sounding music. And yes,it is pretty ambitious, but 3 of the musicians are good friends of mine who are recording via my studio. Everyone else just simply records their part, and sends it to me. (preferably email) in mp3 format, and I spend the time it takes to finalize it. (with help from another friend of mine)

6footninja

Smash Ace
Would prefere the sheet music, but I'll work on it.
If you wouldn't mind providing me with an email in a PM, id be glad to send you the music. It will be on a program called "guitar pro" but it has notes for all instruments. Id be able to send you the piano music and also send you that program.

Top Bottom