• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention: Former Melee Broomers and all Wannabe Future Broomers

superpichu

Smash Journeyman
I've recently written a program that calculates individual ratings based on the formula that the United States Chess Federation uses. This would allow Smash tournaments to be rated easily and let people know how their skill compares with that of the other participants. I am hesitant to post a link to this program, because I'm afraid that in the wrong hands it will make ratings useless and phony. If I had access to an environment made up of responsible people only, I would feel much better about distributing the program and the instructions on how to use it.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Well, I haven't been in, but "Matt" or LordComis on AIM said that I should be in and he recommended me to you, B... but I guess it never got through or maybe you haven't checked it.

I don't spam a lot, barely ever, I'm a good Melee player, and I act very mature and my posts don't look all n00bish, despite the name.

{Ex. I don't act like: d000dz! did u no dat u can get sonic & tailz!~!$#@$@!!! D00d!!!}

I know about melee, how to play, special techniques, strategies and all.. [WDing, DDing, DnD, DnT, EE's, Wall Techs, Spikes, Turtling, combos, eat attacks, etc.]

I don't post in the n00b topics because they'll be closed anyway, and just to let you know I use Fox, Falco and Ganondorf..

Well, I'm not a cool mofo like Matt himself, but I Matt said I should be in there..

Choronis

Smash Lord
Originally posted by ryalex
Dude, seriously! What exactly does this "broom" have that has so many people groveling to get in? I'm new here so i have no idea what so great about that place. The reason why I registered is so that i can have contact with other melee fans like me. I felt so alone because i only had some friends that don't talk about melee because they think they know their $hit! That is the sole reason why. I'm happy with what i'm doing right now. Posting my thoughts, complaints, braggs, rants etc.
Wassup Matt!

DR MARIO RULES!!!
broom is short for the Melee Back Room. its basically for good smash players knowledgeable with quality, intelligent posts to be able to post in a spam free environment and discuss strategies with the better players on these boards. the way to get in is to PM Bumble Bee Tuna and ask if u can be let into the BRoom and post ur member number.....wait a sec, those are gone now.....well, provide some references as well just to be safe.

kirbyultimate

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Choronis

broom is short for the Melee Back Room. its basically for good smash players knowledgeable with quality, intelligent posts to be able to post in a spam free environment and discuss strategies with the better players on these boards. the way to get in is to PM Bumble Bee Tuna and ask if u can be let into the BRoom and post ur member number.....wait a sec, those are gone now.....well, provide some references as well just to be safe.
Don't have to confuse him Chronois, i mean, he can always go to Site Tal-, I mean... PMing Bee, yea-...

I'm gone. *leaves*

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
And you don't have to be good in melee to enter there, you can go to learn too. (of course there are masters like me who... :o ) lol, j/k...

The only requisite is to post intelligently and be noticed, so we can rccomend you in the MBR.

Kebobworld

Smash Cadet
I'd love to gain access to the MBR, I know I haven't done many posts yet, but I think what I have posted so far has been intelligent.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
Well, sometimes B lets people in without even saying anything so try clicking on the link. If not, he will announce them anytime soon

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
update

Hey there all you people feeling left out. I have written down everyone's names on paper that posted here. Some in the "were in but are now not in" column, some in the "guys I should let in" column, some in the "wannabes I've never heard of, really, but maybe should let in", and then one in the "claims he was in but I don't remember and have a bad feeling" column.
in the new people to let in column, there's 11 new members. Not bad. I'll let an admin know soon.
And it's not too late to post if you think you deserve entrance...So far there has been decent judgement here....only 10-15 guys who didn't make the grade, and a lot of them seemed decent but I wasn't sure enough yet and might let in upon further research. All in all not a bad catch.

-B

Sirus011

Smash Apprentice
Alas I was not a member of the MBR...:(

Yet if at all possible i would like the chance to gain admitance i post rather seriously even though my last topic got flamed to 'ell

Oh and Gideon thx for closing it I hadnt expected sarcasm to such a query I was merely suggesting a possible add-on for n64 compatability might be possible or perhaps re-releases of 64 games in GC format.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In some ways, the spam makes it a true post.

I like opinions, but I hate constant spam as well. Heck, I hate spamming.

But I do seriously try and keep members on topic...and apoligize if I get off topic...argh, I sound like I'm sucking up now.

I try to post intelligiently(if you were me, you might understand this), but I don't have always have the ability. 10% Mentally challenged takes a toll, so it sucks for me.

But in truth, I've always thought of it as just another room, probably too "royal" for me.(I'm used to these newbie topics, and helping them. Maybe it's what I do best)

Well, that's my input...yup...

pikamon

Smash Ace
I think that I post intelligent information, IMO. I always try to help out the new-to-Melee members(or n00bs) and am always willing to share my stratigies, and I never spam. But no one ever posts up any good info or strategies that I don't already know. If I was admitted to the Melee BR, maybe I'd learn something new, for a change. It's great helping people out, but I need to learn more too. I'm good, but I could be better.

Area365

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I know, this is like my sixth post, but I still think my knowledge should come under consideration. I'm just waiting, DIEING for someone to post on my "perfect character" thread. In order to write that you need to have at least a mediocre understanding of Melee's mechanics...whatcha think? Let me engage in an intelligent discussion, then we'll talk, right? Well, I'll get to it...

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'd appreciate it if I were considered for the Melee Back Room. I like to think that most of my posts give people something to think about, and that I am a capable player that could help out a lot of people who need it.

But, you know, I haven't been here that long. I've always been curious as to what's in the MBR, though.

Dark Young Link

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used the bee smiley...

Hmm, I never thought I'd see the insides of the MBR, but now there's a chance? Well B, I'm sure you've seen my posts in here. I use to be bigger in this room, but then I started making banners in the Artwork E. so I got tied up in there. I've got around 35 banners on my belt, and you can ask most of the people I made them for and they will tell you I do good free work.

Now I don't know if there's any moral value in that, that's worthy of membership, but I thought I'd try. Also, I'm part of maybe the biggest banner making topic ever. Over 300 posts, and getting close to 50 banners made by our team. That means there's an average 6 posts to every 1 banner. And take into account that Chibi Link loves to make a ton of one-liners and simple list updates, that's a pretty good spam/production ratio... IMO.

Well, I've done my best. Just give me a thought, B.
Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm taking a train this Friday to play SSBM with Silas Elias and CORY and a few of Silas's friends... Does that count as a turny?? :bee:

Corin

Smash Lord
This is one month later so I'm not sure if I'll be given any recognition but, It's worth a shot. I would like to be in the MBR. I have not spammed very much. Maybe like 5 out of all of mine. If I am accepted it will be a dream come true. (I'm no good at sucking up)

Thank you for your time.
(My mom always tells me to say that whenever I apply for a job, who knows, maybe it'll work here=/ )

rlfain2

Fierce Diety
BRoomer
I think I should be let in,also. As you can see I've been in this forum for a while (7 months) and I haven't got that many posts because I feel I should only post when It is neccisary (Some people are smash lords that registered January).I have never spammed (If I have I didn't know it).That is why I think that I should be let in.

smashboi

Smash Journeyman
hmm how do you get in? also I am a very good poster I am always finding something new and i don take it and run with it i share :) such as those vids :chuckle:

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any chance for me getting into the "broom"?I've been here for a while and never spammed before, except for the signature biggy at the very beginning.I am intelligent i think, although i don't know that much English words yet.There's a chance for me i hope?

Giga Lombardi

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to get in. I'm a halfway-decent poster, help out a bit in the Melee Discussion Room, and I plan on being active. I can't say much more, though. :laugh:

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hulk SMASH!!!!!

Maybe I can get into the MBR this time around. I doubt Bee is even looking at this just because someone else fished it up, but who cares.

I think I have a good chance to get in. Requisites?
-Intelligent Poster, but I'll let you be the judge there
- Wrote 2 MD Guides. Luigi and G&W. Look them up if you wish. They're much better than those dissections you hate.
- I don't really believe I've spammed. Have I.. if it was it was in early career.

How's that? I highly doubt you are impressed but I do think I have a good chance to be in.

:beezo: Mr. Game n' Watch

Masenko

Smash Ace
Heh Flok, your English sounds pretty good. Um... if people are actually getting accepted, then I think I should be in. I've posted a bunch, but it's always on topic or a reply. Only been accused of spamming twice, which I've proven them wrong. I've toned down though anyway. I have been reading but barely posting in the past week. I've been using private messages or just not posting, and the threads I've created have been popular and legit.. all but one. Thanks, later.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Well I'd like to be in, I've been in a couple debates with you before, I don't know if you considered my arguements intelligent though =/ But I'm not going to beg or anything, just asking.

smashdude21

Smash Ace
I think that all my topics were spam less. I haven't posted that much but everything that I did post was worth hearing. I'm still a noob, and I don't know if noobs are allowed in but I hope to get in. If I can't I will work toward it. Also, so far, nobody really has a grudge against me except for Omniness because he thinks I am reallycooldude21 but I'm not. I'm also pretty good at posting.
One thing though, my first couple posts, sometimes I accidentally clicked reply and didn't click the edit button so leave those aside.

Ocarina

Smash Lord
I usually don't spam, and I honestly haven't been in the broom, so.... could I get in?

ryalex

Smash Apprentice
Well, I really think that I should be let in the broom. At the same time I don't feel like I should. Reason one: I spam occasionally. Reason two: I think I am hated by some of the senior memebers here, so I think they will vote against me if there is a vote to let me inside. I also heard that you are let in if you are good at ssbm. So I know I'm set there. I just have to show a video of my gameplay or wait until my battles at TG3 are put up to be seen. Therefore my chances of getting in are okay, but not the great. I just hope Bee Bee Tee (lol) might concider letting me in.

"Well, hello! If it isn't my little friends and all their little dreams" - Eric Cartman

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
I post when needed

I've been here forever, man. Even longer than Anti Guy. Check my sign up date. I post when needed. I know we've had heated debates before, BBT, and good ones at that (The "Pikachu = best char. thing) but I think it's time to open up this "Back Room" to good 'ole X.

P.S. I can teach you how to make a Gamecube=>VGA cable, a perfect alternative for those who aren't blessed with the opportunity to use a digital T.V. with progressive scan capabilities! It poses no threat to your GC or monitor and may be used with nearly any monitor. All you need to do is make some simple mods to the GC component video cable.

mgslee

Smash Cadet
I nomiate X

Think about how long X has been registered ... hes either read alot and doesnt post as unless needed or just comes to this site once a month.
I'm in the same boat as the first, I've read a bunch of posts and only post little.

And for those people who want to really get in. Your not gonna learn about the super tatics of the game your probably gonna have a more technical break down of startegies with less flaming bashing and newbish stuff you get here (even thou you do get some really good topics on the public forum)

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
I nominate MGSlee

Yeah. What MGSlee said. If you check the last few threads I started, in one I rant about a revelation I had about the technical "styles," if you will, of people who play ssbm.... Revelations are good, right?

Corin

Smash Lord
I didn't help people that much and I posted things where I knew the answers or was just asking a question. I've been helping people out in the "Official Golden Sun Topic," If you have the game go in and take a look.

Eclipse

Smash Journeyman
yeah can i get into the back room i don't think i spam at all but besides the point i want to get into the melee backroom .... you can check my posts i dont spam and i think im pretty sure i posted in the MBR so please let me in...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, might as well nominate a few...

Flok for sure, he may have started out bad, but he improved day by day. I think he highly deserves it.

Game & Watch should be in too. That guy writes awesome stuff, as well as a great writer in Fanfictions.

n00b is also one of my favorite posters, and I really think he deserves it.

As for MegaMan X...almost. You say you only post when needed, that's a bit of a lie. You post other stuff too. I think it's best to always be completely truthful.

If there were any other things dealing with me, I'll use another post or edit my first. But this one thing I must say, I have spammed, I'm 10% ********, I try my best in Melee(and defeated Event 51 with everyone with hard work), so I can't help from doing stupid things. If you choose to give me a small break, that'd be great. If not, I respect your decision. So be it.(note, this is stuff that's not related to "any other things dealing with me", because I said all these already in earlier posts)

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Re: Well, might as well nominate a few...

Originally posted by HyperFalcon
Flok for sure, he may have started out bad, but he improved day by day. I think he highly deserves it.

Game & Watch should be in too. That guy writes awesome stuff, as well as a great writer in Fanfictions.

n00b is also one of my favorite posters, and I really think he deserves it.

As for MegaMan X...almost. You say you only post when needed, that's a bit of a lie. You post other stuff too. I think it's best to always be completely truthful.

If there were any other things dealing with me, I'll use another post or edit my first. But this one thing I must say, I have spammed, I'm 10% ********, I try my best in Melee(and defeated Event 51 with everyone with hard work), so I can't help from doing stupid things. If you choose to give me a small break, that'd be great. If not, I respect your decision. So be it.(note, this is stuff that's not related to "any other things dealing with me", because I said all these already in earlier posts)

Game & Watch is already in the MBR, maybe you mean Mr. Game & Watch. n00b is also in there, and Megaman X was accepted today I think. I think Flok deserves to be in and I recommend you let him in, he's a great poster and knows melee like the back of his hand. I also recommend vidjogamer, he posts well, and he's an insane melee player (i chat with him on msn, he knows what he's talking about). I would also recommend FoXzoRz and Rob_The_Great because they're also awesome melee players, but I'm waiting for them to post a little more.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been accepted quite yet, but I'll be checking every so often for the good news! Thanks for your faith in us Mista!

Top Bottom