• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention MW melee players LF a place to live

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Noice! But yeah, I just figured if it becomes too obvious that illegal activities are going on, we can always just drive around. Your house is like perfect lol xD Right next to a gas station, right in between EP and Washington, closer to ICC & Affina, closer to a majority of my other friends, and then there's that wooded path leading to Armstrong which is PERFECT for smoking and driving through =P Too bad that's about it...but then again, that's central Illinois for you xD God this'd rule >_<

I'm pretty sure that at least SOME progress will happen here though. Only thing I'll have to make sure to keep in line is Josh's ego =P Hasn't been hard so far ;)

Quaz

Smash Master
living with ONE other smasher is not as fun as you may think.. but I guess living with multiple wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I'd do it, really. but for one I have other priorities in life (such as school) and living with other smashers wouldn't do me any good (or any of the other room mates for that matter). I'm really that much of a weirdo.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
living together can definitely make you better..

but its not like just playing regularly (even daily) will make you significantly better. 2 summers ago Tom and I like 3-4 times a week and honestly our skill level stayed the same (mostly because we ****ed around? LOL)

its really hard to actually get good at melee. its not like starcraft in some respects, in that in SC if you just become mechanically a beast you will be good, melee doesnt work quite like that.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
living together can definitely make you better..

but its not like just playing regularly (even daily) will make you significantly better. 2 summers ago Tom and I like 3-4 times a week and honestly our skill level stayed the same (mostly because we ****ed around? LOL)

its really hard to actually get good at melee. its not like starcraft in some respects, in that in SC if you just become mechanically a beast you will be good, melee doesnt work quite like that.
being good at sc isn't possible for the everyday man, i've been playing for 11 years and i would consider myself a complete and absolute scrub. The skill gap in starcraft is unbelievable.

4% APR

Smash Champion
The matches between you guys are gonna get really weird haha. It gets to the point where you know each other so well you have to start doing some really goofy **** to trick the other person. Sounds pretty sick though, good luck

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
This could be a possibility. Id have to find a decent job, and a college to go to. Plus Ill need a new car. But ill think on it hard.

Dart!

Smash Master
oh, and for the sake of adding more knowledge the house can fit two cars in its drive way and 1/2 more on the street next to the mailbox

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Legal is always good. I wouldn't want to wake up, goto McDonalds and find a ticket on my windshield.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, super stoked now. I just did a rough calculation of everything for my upcoming fall semester, and if I work like 30 1/2 hrs and do 14 credit hours, I'll have like $650 I can toss into bills and then still have $250 a month for random expenses. Even better if I work like just two more additional hours because it'd be weekend hours which give $0.75 more an hour. I may get even more money now that I think about it, it'd depend. All I gotta hope is that I get financial aid and I'm golden. Scholarships would just make things even better. Plus I'm building a PC in like the next week so I can play WoW/SC2 w/ Renen00b/whatever else...Counter Strike or something, but only for when we're fried from copious amounts of Melee or some **** johns like that. You know it'll happen occasionally >=P.

Btw Josh, couldn't we establish five sleeping areas? You got two rooms upstairs IIRC, then the main room downstairs can have a bed in it, the bathroom could have a bed in it...just no one can **** down there rofl, and then like idk...someone could post a bed up in the living room. That'd make **** much cheaper. Would it be all Melee players? I'm sorry but I wouldn't play Brawl even for lulz >_< I don't play Brawl + or - when Melee is in the vicinity.

Plus I'm getting a raise this summer, and if this employee of the month status isn't indication enough, I may get a promotion soon enough, so even more money on my checks. ****.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well, I could try to find a way to get them a job at Affina if they really want it. It's a call center so it'll be dull as hell after 3 months when you learn basically everything and everything's second nature, but you can't beat $9+ an hour. $9.25 on the McDonalds account and $0.75 weekend premiums just starting out. There may be training classes starting up around that time. Only thing is, requesting off for tourneys would be kind of problematic. I could explain why if either of you guys were even interested in a call center type of job xP

EDIT: There was a lot of other stuff I didn't mention too, so just hit me up if you need more info.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I had a dream last night that I lived in this place, it was a big house with rafters everywhere. There was a huge smashfest that night and I pulled ORLY aside to talk. I told him I had exams in the morning and needed some sleep, and asked if they could tone down the smash. ORLY grabbed me by the shoulders and, with a deranged look on his face, screamed at me, "DON'T YOU GET IT? THAT'S ALL THIS HOUSE IS FOR ANYMORE!!! THAT S ALL THAT WE'VE BECOME!!!" and with the last word, he kicked over an oil lamp (??) which started the house on fire. Dart never made it out.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I don't have anything important to say. I do hope this can workout though, I love smashing and having Josh, Chris n Chris and selected others in the same house would be sweet. I will also say, don't push it if the likely hood of it not working out for a while is a high possibility. Even though I don't travel a lot for tourneys, Josh has been keepin us on our toes so don't sleep on us =), I mean as long as people remain interested in Smash, I will and if not, I still will I love the game too ****ing much to ever put it down. SSBM is one of those things that speaks to me directly I can feel it lol.

I went way off into left field haha sorry about that. I guess what I'm tryin to say is. No matter if you guys move in together or not, as long as yall keep playing, I'll be around fo sho =D.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Like even if this happened and I couldn't afford to partake in the housing, at least we'd have more Smashers around here. And I hear you Rashad. At first I got too excited but now it's just a cool idea, but I'm obvz not gonna bank on it.

john!

Smash Hero
ORLY grabbed me by the shoulders and, with a deranged look on his face, screamed at me, "DON'T YOU GET IT? THAT'S ALL THIS HOUSE IS FOR ANYMORE!!! THAT S ALL THAT WE'VE BECOME!!!" and with the last word, he kicked over an oil lamp (??) which started the house on fire.
that sounds like something he would actually do :oneeye:

ORLY

Smash Master
There was a huge smashfest that night and I pulled ORLY aside to talk. I told him I had exams in the morning and needed some sleep, and asked if they could tone down the smash. ORLY grabbed me by the shoulders and, with a deranged look on his face, screamed at me, "DON'T YOU GET IT? THAT'S ALL THIS HOUSE IS FOR ANYMORE!!! THAT S ALL THAT WE'VE BECOME!!!" and with the last word, he kicked over an oil lamp (??) which started the house on fire. Dart never made it out.
LOL now I'm gonna do that one day..

minus the murder

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream last night that I lived in this place, it was a big house with rafters everywhere. There was a huge smashfest that night and I pulled ORLY aside to talk. I told him I had exams in the morning and needed some sleep, and asked if they could tone down the smash. ORLY grabbed me by the shoulders and, with a deranged look on his face, screamed at me, "DON'T YOU GET IT? THAT'S ALL THIS HOUSE IS FOR ANYMORE!!! THAT S ALL THAT WE'VE BECOME!!!" and with the last word, he kicked over an oil lamp (??) which started the house on fire. Dart never made it out.
Please write a book. I will buy EVERY COPY

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Lol orly would totally say that. How serious he would be is a different story that is up for debate.
Spikes we need a bad character in this house, you should live with us.
:phone:

Top Bottom