• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Smash Community: Please Read.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Assuming I go. :p School takes priority. T_T

Skler

Smash Master
I should be capable of attending this competition for the express purpose of playing Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube Entertainment System with talented players from all across the North Eastern section of the United States of America. I shall also endeavor to bring several of my New Hampshire brethren to this spectacular display of gaming prowess.

That is all.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hopefully both Melee and Brawl+ showings go well. This needs more hype though, you should have someone do banners or something for advertising. It needs some spice to convince people that this will be a big tournament.. It definitely has the potential to be imo, I mean October is a good ways away so there's plenty of time for hype to build.

rhan

Smash Hero
I want to come, but I'm not entirely sure if I can. I'll have a better answer to this once I see how busy I'll be with school work.

I am interested though for sure. *Subcribes*

Edit: Also I can possibly throw a few sigs out there. Just to help the cause. I make sigs for the tourneys around my area.

Examples:

Kinda basic but it does attract attention and gets the point across.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I want to come, but I'm not entirely sure if I can. I'll have a better answer to this once I see how busy I'll be with school work.

I am interested though for sure. *Subcribes*

Edit: Also I can possibly throw a few sigs out there. Just to help the cause. I make sigs for the tourneys around my area.

Examples:

Kinda basic but it does attract attention and gets the point across.
I'm currently having someone make me a sig for this event but I would definitely like to see you make one as well....the more....the merrier. I'd like it to be a GIF signature or something that really stands out. Use your imagination...I'm not picky.

Sails

Smash Ace
I'm interested (Brawl+ Woo!), but it all depends on if I get some cash by then for gas. I'll probably bring a partner with me too.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Mmmmm that melee looks awful yummy. Plenty of time to practice too. Sweeeeet.
Btw Pof got the sig design just need to add the vids to it.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I could have sworn I saw Brawl+ doubles announced before, as well as Smash 64. Sad face.

Chance of Brawl+ not even happening at the venue? Sadder face.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I could have sworn I saw Brawl+ doubles announced before, as well as Smash 64. Sad face.

Chance of Brawl+ not even happening at the venue? Sadder face.
Brawl + Doubles and Smash 64 WERE included. The reason why those events had to be taken away is because this is now a single day event. It would simply not be possible to get 4-5 events done in one day....just not happening.

Considering that Sunday is my busiest day (I make the most money) at work and school will be in session during that time its a bad idea to make it a two day event.

Maybe a smashfest on Friday? That might be plausible. I want to see how big this gets first though.

Banks

Smash Hero
oh **** no brawl+ or smash64, this will surely cause the numbers to DWINDLE HORRIBLY

just kidding. most people won't care

some sort of maine presence will be... present

Cort

Apple Head
I'm curious why you're running Brawl+ instead of regular brawl considering there's probably like a grand total of 7 people interested in it.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm curious why you're running Brawl+ instead of regular brawl considering there's probably like a grand total of 7 people interested in it.
Well, I'd like to see the Brawl + scene grow because I do think that it is on the rise. More and more people are beginning to get interested in it. On the other hand, throwing Brawl in there is probably a good idea to get a better turnout.

Meh, screw it.

Cia

das kwl
who puts normal brawl in a tournament called 'Long Live Hit Stun?'

way to sell out P.O.F

i was looking forward to a B+ event

=/

noodles

Smash Champion
thats why the title is now: LLHS IV???

i thought the same thing at first XD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
who puts normal brawl in a tournament called 'Long Live Hit Stun?'

way to sell out P.O.F

i was looking forward to a B+ event

=/
Yeah, well these Brawl kids keep saying "make a brawl event! make a brawl event!" So lets see how many people start posting about Brawl. So far, only noodles seems to be excited and i'm losing a good 7-8 people for Brawl +

so this better get hyped up and mad brawl scrubs better come.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
More than that. Each one of us is from a different region and probably would've brought a carload with us.

But naaaaah, no one cares about Brawl+...

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
I will go if there is regular Brawl. Also if people want to teach me melee I would consider going on the first day.

Cia

das kwl
Yeah, well these Brawl kids keep saying "make a brawl event! make a brawl event!" So lets see how many people start posting about Brawl. So far, only noodles seems to be excited and i'm losing a good 7-8 people for Brawl +

so this better get hyped up and mad brawl scrubs better come.
Brawl kids will ALWAYS say 'make a brawl event.' But the fact that there's a brawl tournament in every region every week just isn't enough for some people. And i'd bet money that some of the people you get in here that say 'make a brawl event' won't even show up because they blew it off for someone else's brawl tournament.

point being, you should really keep the tournament as you planned. the way it's described in your sig. And you'll find that minority players (melee and B+ players) are more appreciative and are less likely to give you any COT4 incidents.

MONEY BACK!

:laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
hmmm really?

meh, I have to give this more thought.
Don't get me wrong, Brawl will most likely bring in more people than Brawl+. The Brawl+ community is smaller but more dedicated and will travel farther. It just depends which game you want to support, and how important numbers are to you.

And you'll find that minority players (melee and B+ players) are more appreciative and are less likely to give you any COT4 incidents.

MONEY BACK!

:laugh:
QFT

Top Bottom