• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention: This forum officially SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to say it, but it completely SUCKS NOW
Sure it was awesome back in the day when The Ike appreciation thread was the main topic, along with Ike's role in SSE. Then Came along the Civil War, Deus de Animus vs B4BC, along with 15 other Ike guilds that arose at that time.

All that was fine and dandy, It was actually quite interesting, got a lot of people involved again. But now come the newbies(Note I said newbies, not noobs). LEARN TO FUCKING SEARCH. Learn how to not make Fucking noob topics. IKES GOD TIER, OMG IKE F SMASH. Stop posting "New Advanced Techniques", Look at the AT Contemplation thread, everything is in there that you need. If you need a question, Just PM another well known Ike user and ask them. I know I sound harsh, sorry if I hurt someones "e-feelings", but its the truth. This Shit needs to be sorted out, all these useless topics are flooding the Ike forums and every other forum on Smash boards.

Didn't anyone even bother to look at scotu's sticky.

Many people will Agree, many will disagree, post your thoughts, I don't really care, but this section has gone to hell and back 5 times, don't let it happen again.

1. You are commenting on Ike's spot on the tier list.
2. You decide, "It would be cool if Ike could/had....."
3. You want to discuss Ike's backstory.
4. Your age consists of a single digit.
5. You play free for alls and/or with items.
And my personal favorite:
6. You're writing a guide for a character that you have never even played.
7. You are making a "Call out" Topic

Thanks ama(m/t) and BearsAreScary

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
your last pm's body involved "can't today tomorrow for sure" but it never actually happened

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I do not agree with a whole lot of things that you say, but I can't really disagree with this.

In fact, allow me to help you.

If you are thinking about posting in the Ike threads, use these helpful hints to help answer the question, "Should I post?"

DO NOT POST IF:

1. You are commenting on Ike's spot on the tier list.
2. You decide, "It would be cool if Ike could/had....."
3. You want to discuss Ike's backstory.
4. Your age consists of a single digit.
And my personal favorite:
6. You're writing a guide for a character that you have never even played.

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
I would try to disprove this, but whats the point? The Ike section kinda speaks for itself.

Rovec

Smash Rookie
So someone shouldn't post if they have a differing play style then yourself? :psycho: I like items. I like free for alls.

Other then that, I agree that the search function is a wonderful thing for any forum.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
about #4: they can post only if they have someone read over their post or otherwise make absolutely sure their not making an *** of themselves.
about #5: THey can post if it doesn't have anything to do with their free for alls/ items.

People just need to make more intelligent posts. They need to sit back, and ask themselves when they post: "is this post helping anyone?" 90% of posts on the brawl boards of SWF can answer "No" to this question, which means that they shouldn't frikin post it.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I agree with your post TC wholeheartedly (What is this, fellow Ike fans?), but you may wanna edit your post to take out the censor bypassing. Mods get mad at that stuff.

Miller

Smash Lord
Just copypasta it and replace Ike with Link and sonic and take out the Civil war part. This can practically be said for any character discussion thread out there.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The thing is Ike appears to one of the more popular characters as a result it's causing a influx of airheads as with anything once you get a big enough group.

As far as this clan business I've never gotten the whole idea anyway, I guess I'm remaining a neutral Ike XD

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The absolutely ridiculous desire for people to feel like they "belong" regardless of how mind numbingly idiotic what they belong to is just makes it easier to know what/where to avoid, since all the stupid collects in one place.

Trizzy

Smash Cadet
The thing is Ike appears to one of the more popular characters as a result it's causing a influx of airheads as with anything once you get a big enough group.
Post counts on the character discussion area as of a minute ago:

Sonic - 23,086

Ike - 14,060

In a distant 3rd is

Pikmin & Olimar with 8,411posts. But, oddly enough, Olimar's section also has the most threads.

Odds are that these are the three dumbest sections in the character discussion area. Maybe all of SB, and possibly the world... who knows.

Miller

Smash Lord
That is why I made this topic.
And like im glad there are some newbies that arent making ridiculous threads.

Trizzy

Smash Cadet
Meh, I'm not really a newb. I've been visiting these forums for years now for tourny info and crap, and have never had the desire to create an account for exactly the reasons you've described and then some.

Of course, now there's online tournys... and I need an account...

Anyways, I think the stupidity will die down in a month or two when a lot of the casuals get sick of it. Or whenever the next big online game gets released. Whichever comes first.

Miller

Smash Lord
Yea, but the thing is, when the japanese game came out, there werent as many ridiculous threads as their are now, its like a noobsurge

Deathmethod

Smash Rookie
I agree with this for the most part. I have only began visiting here recently, and posting here even more recently, but I even try to keep most of my posts meaningful. Even with the few minutes I spend on here, I usually stay in this forum because I main Ike and like to see what other Ike players think. Just to come to the realization that the only people who seem to post here are other players who hate Ike and came to smash on him and demoralize the Ike players. Along with a lot of the other posts made are simple with no real construction or point.

So I agree with Black Waltz wonderful words of advice.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I just found these boards recently, had to get away from the Gamefaqs ones which was sloppy and filled with a lot of pointless flaming and awful threads. I was a bit shocked by these Ike forums myself as it just baffled me why it seemed like the same topics appeared again and again. (Most notably I had to wonder why you would have a clan for a single character, didn't make sense to me).

The Samus forums (my second) are much better but I'm here because I like Ike a lot more (Fire Emblem fan and after practicing with everyone I find he's my best). But it's a shame to see a lot of the same threads over and over.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty ironic how ama(m/t) and bearsarescary gave their ideas or rules of not posting calling out threads when ama(m/t) did that but I know you won't do that again, and when bearsarescary's pro Ike guide thread says "Edit: Ike is top tier!" which he is not, and is just foolish to say. Atleast change the title or something to set a good example along with your rules.

We need to fix up the Ike forums a bit, as it has been very bad lately with the not so smart threads and posts.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Awwww, Miller, a tribute to the Appreciation Thread? I'm touched. ^_^ But really, this is the first time in like two weeks that I've even bothered to come back here. Things just got so bad. Every single thing that popped into anyones mind became a new thread. I couldn't take it anymore. In my whole time here I have made ONE thread and that one thread is THE most popular thread in the Ike forums. Anyways, until things slow down here, I must say adieu.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
at the same time, it's not much better than the rest of this forum
one could say that among useless topics, yours simply happens to have the most posts

Miller

Smash Lord
Awwww, Miller, a tribute to the Appreciation Thread? I'm touched. ^_^ But really, this is the first time in like two weeks that I've even bothered to come back here. Things just got so bad. Every single thing that popped into anyones mind became a new thread. I couldn't take it anymore. In my whole time here I have made ONE thread and that one thread is THE most popular thread in the Ike forums. Anyways, until things slow down here, I must say adieu.
That thread was kick *** man,and they should be slowing down in about a month or so.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
same problem spanning everything under teh brawl category

btw i forgot my wiimote when going to my house, so if i get the chance to play online i will let you know ahead of time

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Is there a topic dedicated to Ike's ultimate combo yet? Y'know the one Miller. I called it "The Fsmash".

But seriously, every chracter discussion thread is like this, and stage threads for that matter. It's quite annoying.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or did the whole population of smashboards triple, and become extremely idiotic after brawl was released? I hate to say it but....Miller, ama, bearsarescarey, scotu, etc, are all right. Someone probably just needs to make a "Link's to informative Ike threads" for these newcomers.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
it could be made but more crap like roith's guide or scotu's general ike discussion would be sticked first

comboking

Smash Master
if your talking about my guide I have played with Ike 450 matches and unlocked wolf without beating SSE!

I know how to play Ike now i have to go do my math!

Miller

Smash Lord
if your talking about my guide I have played with Ike 450 matches and unlocked wolf without beating SSE!

I know how to play Ike now i have to go do my math!
Is that why my Japanese version has over 2000 Matches, along with 4500 ko's being from Ike?

This isn't counting my English version either

GTFO The internets, your posts piss me off.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Comboking I present to you...

...........................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Your logic is unmatched and intimidating, keep it up genius.

Kills don't mean jack, can you explain how that is a measure of knowledge and skill? BTW Miller just owned you hmmkbye.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Is that why my Japanese version has over 2000 Matches, along with 4500 ko's being from Ike?

This isn't counting my English version either

GTFO The internets, your posts piss me off.
Woah Miller, thems FSmashing words there, settle down. You aren't counting my wii or Nikos either btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom