• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attn: Falco Mains

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Wow, these combos are ****ing genius.
I sample off Mathos.

BTW, who said Falcos don't mindgame? You can't really detect a mindgame watching vids. Fight the falcos yourself, then say there were no mindgames. Watch a video and try to predict every move a falco is going to make. If you guess wrong, you've been mindgamzed

Ryan-K

Smash Master
camp and space yourself and pick gay stages. hey i think sliq is right falco videos should be banned so everyone stops being so ****ing dumb imo

AND GRAB MORE YOU ****ING NOOBS also peach isn't that bad of a matchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and you look more ******** failing at looking flashy than playing good.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Peach isnt that hard of a match-up true, its not hard as long as u remember to l-cancel, and dont hold down next to her O.o And i also agree with superryan in that u should grab more. Grabs give u greater control of the match, and a good falco in control is scary. Tech chasing becomes a mindgame its true.

xelad1

Smash Ace
I think what sliq is really trying to say is that we should all play captain falcon because he makes you smarter and sexier.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol Sliq. The only way for a Falco to ever place good is having mindgames. Even with all techskill you cannot place good.

Techskill is just a huge bonus for falcos. So if you have mindgames + tech skill. Your opponent could be screwed.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Lol Sliq. The only way for a Falco to ever place good is having mindgames. Even with all techskill you cannot place good.

Techskill is just a huge bonus for falcos. So if you have mindgames + tech skill. Your opponent could be screwed.
You forgot mad laser skillz

There you have it, the shizwizard himself said it.

Sliq

Smash Master
Actually, this has been an elaborate ruse to surpass Jiano in post count because he is currently banned.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
LOL!!! Well if u want your post count up, then i will keep replying to this thread XD. Well is shizwiz says mindgames greater than tech skill, then ima go forget how to l-cancel and learn how to perfect wavedash 100% of the time as well as waveland and practice mindgaming a level 9 computer XP.

*hopes for reply from sliq*

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well lets make a comparison... What is TechSkill and What are Mindgames? Opinions please?

Hey Shiz I want your opinion too...

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Mindgames are playing more than just Falco

Tech skill is pressing buttons and having all your moves work BECAUSE you're Falco.

Questions?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lol falsefalco, you coulda done that explanation better. G-regs mindgame thread says what a mindgame is, and tech skill is basically being able to do whatever you are attemptng to do, and being able to do w/e the **** u want with your character. Pc chris is considered technical because he almost never makes a mistake: missing l-cancels, teching revocering etc. Dashizwiz and silent wolf are considered technical, because if there is something falco can do, you can rely on them to do it: multishine, pillar, waveshine, combo, ledge-cancel for comboing etc. Thats basically my explanation (really short one btw i might go more in depth later)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I still like Isai's bit of advice on not getting hit, works better.
It seems to me like Falcos these days underestimate the power of dashdance as a great mindgame. Another thing is the SHLing can be a great trick to, just approach your opponent then back away, throw them off guard, than run up and SHL->Dsmash(land it so they go up)->Utilit-> Shine-> Bair or whatever you want to do. New players always stick to tech skills. The tourny scene seems to be taking a turn for the worst among newer players, or maybe it's just because I didn't use to realize how much i've improved.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
lol falco must have mindgames y shouldnt he lol.
this is ********.

falco need mindgames. this ***** is a ssbm character.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Use more mindgames. This is something I see less and less of. Falco's going on auto-pilot with pillaring and shl'ing. It is very easy to do this, but you have to refrain. If you want to push your game, you need to play smarter. Being extremely technical is the only real way to place well without having good mindgames, because otherwise you are going to get shield grabbed, and you are going to get tech chased, and your recovery will get froed.

I don't main Falco anymore, but I still play as him during certain tournament matches. Trust me. This is good advice.

Edit: I'm not trying to come off sounding arrogant, so if I did, my mistake.
Che.....and the reason why you don't main Falco anymore is because......

C'mon bro, all well seasoned Falco mainer's (like myself) know that this cat can adapt to any style or situation of any character on Melee. If played correctly, he can take out any opponent if you utilize all Falco's ablities to a tee, and use them well. When it comes to this bird of prey, there are so many tricks of the trade.;)

th0rn

Smash Lord
All characters need 'mindgames'. This game has almost been out 5 (going on 6) years. If you just found out you need to use your brain while playing, you might want to consider finding a new game for yourself.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well I play Smash with my Mind thats Why they Call me Professer X I make the controller Hover before me.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Most good falco players are mindgaming, its just that they are playing so technically s well, that you cant tell sometimes...

Sliq

Smash Master
I like how all these people attack my skill personally. Good job being objective about what I said.

I quit playing Falco because EVERYONE plays Falco (among other characters that are also extremely prevalent).

I still play as him when I get taken to Corneria and **** like that.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I played Falco because he was the coolest starfox character, and I use to live by SF64. It was my bible. Luckily for me I was playing one of the best characters in the game, and good for me my name isn't 'Pichu&Victory'

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Well, every1 plays marth sheik peace and fox.... That is no good reason to quit. You should play characters ou enjoy playing as well as characters you are good with.

Binx

Smash Master
Use my combo: shl->shl->shl->shl->repeat 5 times->shl->shl->shl->shl->nair->shl->dair->shl->shl->shb

Works like a charm
This works for me as well, I can play as mindless as I want as long as for every real attack I do I use 13 lasers.

People dont expect a kick when you have been doing so many lasers, also it tends to wittle down peoples patience and shields.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
It also makes people start johning, at which point you absolutely obliterate them because they freak out and go on the offensive. Don't try it on a pro though, they'll destroy you...cause they're pro

Repryx

Smash Champion
and dont try it on another Falco of your Calibur its really dumb its a bunch of Stalled SHLs BTW This doesnt work on Sheik, Marth, Samus, Pika, CF,Fox, and Mario

SImply due to Powersheilding Knees Speed Projectile and Reflector Capabilities I know it works on one who is pressured easy but If you do 13 SHLs on someone your LEvel they will get bored and attack you with a Higher Priority attack or break out the power sheilding while running which can be dangerous

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
haha i know

i just dont see where this thread could possibly be going. everyone should play with mindgames if they dont already and those that do are way better because of it. isnt that enough?

th0rn

Smash Lord
nice post ^ ? LLLLLLOL

Some more advice: Make sure your controller is securely plugged into the gamecube before you start playing.

Top Bottom