• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN Link Boards

D

Deleted member

These boards have been going downhill as of late and i would now like to tell everybody that if this keeps up you will not see me or the other link "pro's" around here much longer.

you are seriously killing us through your stupid posts/threads

i would now like to go ahead and give out some tips on creating new threads

- You have not found something new. I can almost guarantee if you think you've found something new you are sadly, sadly mistaken. if you still want to know if you have found something new or not PM me or Deva first.
- We already know how to play the freaking game. We understand that the dtilt spikes, the dair out prioritizes a lot of attacks, and that the nair can gimp the hell out of people.
- if you want to ask a question DO NOT make a new thread about it. if you have any questions, ask about them here - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171859

this is seriously your last warning from me

sasook

Smash Champion
A well-needed message IMO. And honestly I didn't mean for the dtilt topics to get so out of hand. Sorry :ohwell:

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it seems like the life is being drained from the Link board...
What if we did something like make a video of all our players? Like a Link boards combo video or something...It would be something fun to do, but thats just a suggestion:laugh:

*De-Equipts Hylian shield, equipts Flame shield* LOL

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
take all discussion to the Metagame or the Dtilt spike board if you have questions. Look at NintenJoe or Sasook's guide to Link for information! Look at arkivezero's guide if you think you have found something new!

We need to have a ruleset for these boards... only Link mains who contribute in a positive way are allowed. Everyone else must leave. NOW

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of making a Link "back room", an entirely different forum, that I allow only Link players with video proof of their experience, or Link users who have proven to post material that is constructive, in to. These boards are just getting flooded with useless threads, and an entirely different forum without all of the useless threads to look though could be very useful.
Do it, Proboards is quite easy to use

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
You will have to forgive me since I am ne to smash boards, But if you could possibly explain how exactly the link threads are going downhill and/or killing you ( or the other "pros".) As said before I have not seen the boards really before maybe a week ago so I am not going to even pretend to say i have. It just sounds ( atleast from this n00bs perspective ) that you might be over reacting how serious some kid posting a dumb thread is. I do not know if any of you are moderators and maybe the cluttering of the boards attributes to your statement, but I don't see why these threads/posts would cause you such disdain that you all would be left with the last option of leaving these boards. Once again I am not trying to cause any trouble, I actually quite like all of your playstyles and find you to be amazing players, I would just think an unknowledgable thread would instead be good as it shows there are new players interested in link, and that by clearing up any of there misconceptions would thus make them better. I do find it helpful that you have given a link to a thread where one should post for "x" reason, but leaving the forums seems a little bit harsh. Hope I didn't offend anyone I am just curious and would much like to understand to a better degree what is going on.

D

Deleted member

You will have to forgive me since I am ne to smash boards, But if you could possibly explain how exactly the link threads are going downhill and/or killing you ( or the other "pros".) As said before I have not seen the boards really before maybe a week ago so I am not going to even pretend to say i have. It just sounds ( atleast from this n00bs perspective ) that you might be over reacting how serious some kid posting a dumb thread is. I do not know if any of you are moderators and maybe the cluttering of the boards attributes to your statement, but I don't see why these threads/posts would cause you such disdain that you all would be left with the last option of leaving these boards. Once again I am not trying to cause any trouble, I actually quite like all of your playstyles and find you to be amazing players, I would just think an unknowledgable thread would instead be good as it shows there are new players interested in link, and that by clearing up any of there misconceptions would thus make them better. I do find it helpful that you have given a link to a thread where one should post for "x" reason, but leaving the forums seems a little bit harsh. Hope I didn't offend anyone I am just curious and would much like to understand to a better degree what is going on.
we spend countless hours helping you guys out so you can become better link players. we tell you all our secrets and how we play like we do, but still all the people that we help go out and do something stupid like ask the same question over and over. we have stickies so things like this don't happen but of course somebody is just going to post something ridiculous without even looking at the guides we spent our valuable time making. if the link boards are so cluttered with stupid questions and repeated nonsense from people that won't listen, then it'll be hard to find the actually useful information.

If you're not going to listen to my advice, i'm not going to waste my time on you

the above statement is the reason why I won't stand for this bs anymore.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Than you for the speedy reply. I see your point, I really suppose I hadn't seen these threads because literally all my time has been in the triforce of courage advance guide and the video archive, so that might explain it. Anyway I hope things get better I'd hate to see you guys leave.

sasook

Smash Champion
Than you for the speedy reply. I see your point, I really suppose I hadn't seen these threads because literally all my time has been in the triforce of courage advance guide and the video archive, so that might explain it. Anyway I hope things get better I'd hate to see you guys leave.
Mine too?....

slickvic

Smash Apprentice
New York City/currently in Los Angeles (college)
hey guys. just like WEMP said, it would be sad to see you guys go. i too am a noob to these boards, i just started using like a couple of weeks ago. And i totally understand where you guys are coming from. But it would really suck if you guys left. In the past two weeks, after reading all the Link guides and watchin the videos, it really helped improve my game. And its all thanks to you guys. Idk, maybe ill spread the word about the stupid posting, but i think leaving is a bit drastic. I dont want no trouble, and i totally understand where you guys are coming from, but leaving seems a little drastic.

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
These boards have been going downhill as of late and i would now like to tell everybody that if this keeps up you will not see me or the other link "pro's" around here much longer.

you are seriously killing us through your stupid posts/threads

i would now like to go ahead and give out some tips on creating new threads

- You have not found something new. I can almost guarantee if you think you've found something new you are sadly, sadly mistaken. if you still want to know if you have found something new or not PM me or Deva first.
- We already know how to play the freaking game. We understand that the dtilt spikes, the dair out prioritizes a lot of attacks, and that the nair can gimp the hell out of people.
- if you want to ask a question DO NOT make a new thread about it. if you have any questions, ask about them here - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171859

this is seriously your last warning from me
Why don't you make a Link board for dummies thread and ask for sticky?

Kennahh

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed, sending Magikarp. (Killingworth, CT)
Why don't you make a Link board for dummies thread and ask for sticky?
Nobody will look at that. Most people will not read the rules, or look at the searching made easy thread, why would they look at a sticky? Most people disregard the rules. For example, you and I am breaking the rules by having a signature bigger than my post.

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
Nobody will look at that. Most people will not read the rules, or look at the searching made easy thread, why would they look at a sticky? Most people disregard the rules. For example, you and I am breaking the rules by having a signature bigger than my post.
........ good point, still doesn't hurt to try .He said the Link board going downhill , so what more can the Link board lose.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Arkive has a legit point. We've been getting countless terrible and useless thread for the last few weeks and it needs to stop. I liked it when it was just a few of us...

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Don't leave us, Arkive...
You're my favorite Dark Link player. D:

And the Link boards haven't gotten THAT bad, have they? Have they???
Oh, wait: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198363

Honestly, I thought that reading the most important threads first would be common sense among anyone who posts on, or even visits a forum. I guess I was wrong...
Also, it might just be me, but I've noticed that an increasing amount of threads started on the Link boards aren't even by Link mains, so therefore they throw in useless thoughts/ideas on a character they don't understand...

And here I was thinking, the first day I joined the smashboards:
"Wow! The community in the Link boards is amazing!"

...Aww.

sasook

Smash Champion
And the Link boards haven't gotten THAT bad, have they? Have they???
Oh, wait: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198363

Honestly, I thought that reading the most important threads first would be common sense among anyone who posts on, or even visits a forum. I guess I was wrong...
Also, it might just be me, but I've noticed that an increasing amount of threads started on the Link boards aren't even by Link mains, so therefore they throw in useless thoughts/ideas on a character they don't understand...

And here I was thinking, the first day I joined the smashboards:
"Wow! The community in the Link boards is amazing!"

...Aww.
^This. Seriously, other mains, leave us in peace. It's not that we don't want you here, it's that you're crowding our boards with stuff we already know. So thanks for trying to help, but try the search function.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Can someone go to the other match up threads and find the threads that are doing or have done Link match-up threads already? I think that would be helpful for Bouse.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
The same thing is happening to the Soinc boards as well :/
Maybe we need more people like Aurashade? Or a backroom thing.

And before anyone asks, Link is one of my mains.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
No arkive dont leave! You've given me (as well as other Link mainers) so much advice! It's now safe to say that my Link is well above average coz of your advice...and yes i do agree..people please learn to use the search function or PM the pros here instead of clogging up the boards with questions that have already been answered

Swordplay

Smash Lord
LoL Arkive are you seriously leaving?????

I can actually understand why. If you do, I'll see ya on all is brawl. The place where we banish noobs....

I'm actually thinking of creating a Q and A thread and having it stickies. It could be a place where all noobs could ask questions about link instead of making new threads....

What do you guyz think????

Deva

Smash Lord
Honestly, I dont mind the spam threads all that much just cuz I know they dont know any better, but it does get annoying lol. I think an easy solution would be to make a respectable player from our boards a mod. for example, I'm a mod for the Link boards on Allisbrawl, and the forums are less active, but there are less spam threads there since I go on there pretty frequently and either delete them or close the spam threads. However, the mods on SWF for the Link boards don't pay enough attention to what's going on so these problems arise. I dont know how to become a mod for this site or have another respectable player made a mod so I'm not sure what to do as far as that goes, but if we could, that would fix the problem with these boards right away.

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I dont mind the spam threads all that much just cuz I know they dont know any better, but it does get annoying lol. I think an easy solution would be to make a respectable player from our boards a mod. for example, I'm a mod for the Link boards on Allisbrawl, and the forums are less active, but there are less spam threads there since I go on there pretty frequently and either delete them or close the spam threads. However, the mods on SWF for the Link boards don't pay enough attention to what's going on so these problems arise. I dont know how to become a mod for this site or have another respectable player made a mod so I'm not sure what to do as far as that goes, but if we could, that would fix the problem with these boards right away.
That's a great idea, but which member would be a mod? My first thoughts would be: NintenJoe, Sasook, or BluLink. They're active and we know that they are respectable members.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I agree, this is a good idea. How do we go about getting this done? I remember Aurashade requesting mod status one time, but I think it was gimpy that replied and said people can't become mods by requesting it and it probably hurts their cause to even ask. Maybe we can all nominate someone and request on their behalf (with the purpose of cleaning up our boards)? If this is the case we should get someone that is fairly active, knows where to draw the line, and seems to be a fair person. Deva would probably be good. Legan would have been good at this too, but yeah.....

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm actually thinking of creating a Q and A thread and having it stickies. It could be a place where all noobs could ask questions about link instead of making new threads....

What do you guyz think????
Was needed a long time ago, please do.

I completely agree, we need an active mod, and I think you'd do a pretty good job.

maybe if people would just read the stickies, most of their questions would be answered...
^this, though no one seems to do it.

That's a great idea, but which member would be a mod? My first thoughts would be: NintenJoe, Sasook, or BluLink. They're active and we know that they are respectable members.
No, no, no lol, definitely not me. I am pretty active, but I'm not a good player and I don't think I'd do a very good job.

Maybe we can all nominate someone and request on their behalf (with the purpose of cleaning up our boards)? If this is the case we should get someone that is fairly active, knows where to draw the line, and seems to be a fair person. Deva would probably be good. Legan would have been good at this too, but yeah.....
I second this nomination idea, but I don't think it should be Legan (even though he's my idol). I say Deva, since Legan is taking a break from brawl. I'd say Arkive too, but he's on the verge of leaving.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
If i get a few more people saying that a Q and A thread would be helpful I'll put it up.

It's just I don't want it to become another spam thread so there has to actually be an incentive to monitor it closely....

Deva

Smash Lord
maybe if all of us sent in a complaint about spam and inactive mods to an admin and just suggessted a few of the members here that you guys think would be a good candidate for a mod they would listen since were not necessarily suggesting ourselves but others, and if enough requests are sent in they might do something about it, cuz at this rate the Link boards are near fail.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'd be down for that...we would just have to choose a mad.

1st of all we should definatly get somebody who activally vitits these boards to be a mod. Also they should be good at Link and have the ability to recognize pointless threads from others.

At first I thought of Deva but seeing how dead the All is Brawl Link forums are I am kind of hesatent.

Right now, Arkive Zero seems like a good mod to me.....but other people are always an option.

After we have a mod, I will put up a Q & A thread and the mod can close all stupid threads and direct them to the Q & A thread.

This is the best course of action.

Unfortuanatly, I doubt we could get a personal mod. If not I will still put up the Q & A thread and flame everybody who creates stupid threads and direct them there.

Everybody would have to get in on this though. Do not reply to there answer's just flame them and redirect them to the Q & A where they will be treated gently from 2nd degree flame burns and have their questions answered.

Either way, we must find out how things are going to go down.

D

Deleted member

they should just make me and deva mods, we're pretty much the two highest ranking link players (Legan Q.Q) and we're like some of the most active/helpful people on these boards >_>

deva's already proven himself to be a hella good mod and i used to mod my old clan's website so there ya go

plus i hate when mods that don't even main link think they can just walk into the link boards and claim that they are all high and mighty T_T wtf is that mess

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
I'd be down for that...we would just have to choose a mad.

1st of all we should definatly get somebody who activally vitits these boards to be a mod. Also they should be good at Link and have the ability to recognize pointless threads from others.

At first I thought of Deva but seeing how dead the All is Brawl Link forums are I am kind of hesatent.

Right now, Arkive Zero seems like a good mod to me.....but other people are always an option.

After we have a mod, I will put up a Q & A thread and the mod can close all stupid threads and direct them to the Q & A thread.

This is the best course of action.

Unfortuanatly, I doubt we could get a personal mod. If not I will still put up the Q & A thread and flame everybody who creates stupid threads and direct them there.

Everybody would have to get in on this though. Do not reply to there answer's just flame them and redirect them to the Q & A where they will be treated gently from 2nd degree flame burns and have their questions answered.

Either way, we must find out how things are going to go down.
If you start flaming people , you going to scare them off the board and that's bad too.>,<

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
*sighs* If only Legan were here. He'd be all, "Guys stop with the hating and help people play with Link more". lol

Hmm... a mod... well, most likely not me. I think I've already disgraced myself here a time or two too many to be up for that position. My vote would be for _2link121; for the extreme few who know him lol. He's a cool guy. Never too harsh but knows where the lines are.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I actually saw Legan post something on a youtube video 2 days ago, but he hasn't posted on one of these forums in a while.

We need to clean up the junk threads and put them into 1 QnA thread, we need to combine some stage discussion threads, we need to have a new person make run a video archive thread, since Legan has left temporarily, umm, we need to unsticky the SBR info about Link, because it isn't all that helpful.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
more consolidated threads would be nice, but I think you guys are taking all this way too serious. Spam/Fun threads shouldn't be hated so much, Link is one of my mains but I find myself spending way more time in the Samus and Sonic forums because they have fun and joke around a lot... maybe it's just me though.

Top Bottom