• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: RedGreenBlue

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
dude, u told me how u like to use Donkey Kong as your falco alt. so, i tried him out. and MAN! DK *****! i make it a point to stay away from big chars, so i hadn't rly given him a fair shot. DK is now also my alt, and i would like to thank you for helping me find a suitable alt.

On Topic: who else finds DK to be an awesome falco alt?

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
Hes got quite a similar playstyle in the fact he has 3 different spikes and his BAir is Godlike, so yeah, DK seems like a suitable Falco alt to me.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I've been considering DK as a secondary. Please explain why he "covers all of Falco's weaknesses."

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well I would think his great range and priority with attacks that are not too slow and have huge hitboxes would be what counters Metaknight, plus a great horizontal recovery. Plus the weight and power thing and DK being heavy and Metaknight being a real lightweight would seem to put a lot in DK's favor.

@ Light: I also thing DK is a counter to Snake. Just because of his range and power. He can stop Snake pretty well, and clear out mines with his down B.

Either way DK has been my secondary for quite some time now (I am now undecided between Falco and Lucario for my main), I feel he is a great character and totally underestimated.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm talking to Stiltz atm, and he pointed out some of these things. I'll deifnitely try him out tomorrow. It's too late to start trying him out now, but I'm reading up on the DK character board right now.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I just play Metaknight mostly as my Falco alternate. I also play Wolf, Wario, and a little bit of Game & Watch, but I generally do not use them in tournament.

I really enjoy playing Wario, so I might play more of him in the future, and hopefully in tournaments.

On the topic of DK though, he's really underrated I think, and will see more tournament play in the near future.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of DK though, he's really underrated I think, and will see more tournament play in the near future.
Based on Ankoku's list:

8 Donkey Kong (11 top8, 15 top4, 7 wins, 85.5 pts) <10>
9 Wolf (16 top8, 17 top4, 3 wins, 74 pts) <8>
10 Pikachu (5 top8, 15 top4, 5 wins, 72.5 pts) <9>
11 Falco (14 top8, 11 top4, 4 wins, 60 pts)

Donkey Kong already sees more tournement play than Falco...

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
well i just recently played a meta knight, and was surprised to see how DK comepletely controls him. DK's f-tilt and D-smash stood out a lot in the game.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I usually have pretty close matches with my falco vs my friend's metaknight (his metaknight is really **** good), but I two stock him when I use DK (and I know my Falco is superior to my DK so it's not that I'm better with DK :p). DK outranges and outprioritizes metaknight completely. Metaknight can't really combo, which is DK's weakness, so DK is good against MK. Juggling (metaknight's strength) is not a problem as well since DK is so **** heavy.

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
for some time, i have fought my friend who mains DK. I never liked big characters because of personal preference...im small and fast like falco...but DK is a real tough cookie. Im not going to repeat his benefits. I have consider having him as an alt. But ...im still reluctant. I want to experiement with other heavy characters...so far i crossed out bowser. DK is looking real good.

Top Bottom