• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

August 1-2, 2009 Atlanta, Ga. (South East Battles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
i would recommend using the national tournament section, i'm sure people who play fighting games in other states would be interested in hearing about final round, FR is pretty well known so i'm sure it'll turn heads.

I'm pre-registering now, and i'll hype this up as much as i can. Thanks ShinBlanka :)
Ok i'll put it there and thanks for signing up early sir.
1) Put it in the tourney listings thread (the national thread i guess it's called)

2) The thread in here can, and in due time probably will, be stuck. >.>
I figured it out how to trick the multiquote on my pc.
can we get it stuck asap cuz last time it got stuck just a week before the tourney. the sooner the better
Ok, but i'll need it sickied before 1 week in advance. I would like a 1 month sticky so everyone can hear about it and decide if they are going to attend.

Also if you think you are going to bring a set up to get the free badge I will have a list that will keep track of those that stated they were going to bring a set up. There will limit # of set up's for each game. I just sent a message to my webmaster to update the tournament rules section. If it's not up now check back later today or tonight also. I'm going to need everyone's help in keeping the fr13 thread on the 1st page of the national tournament section.:)

ptown

Smash Ace
thanks for being a cool guy, shinblanka.

but at the same time, you are "hero" to a community with some shady folk: the fighting gamer, many of which employ "dirty" tactics, talk "trash", and some "stink" in game or IRL.

you may not do it for the money, but a good bit of tourney players who enter probably do (or at least wish they did).

you have taken on a role that is not "fair".

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I know that a fair amount of Melee players that go out of their way to quit the match when they're, say, getting Star KO'd.

I don't really know why, but that irritates me. 's just me, though, and I know that it's not a big deal overall--I suppose I just like to see the results screen. :p
No one needs to see the win screen. If youre guarunteed death and ready to skip to the next match why not. Yes its a DQ in other games, but during friendlies and **** who cares? It takes 20x the amount of time to watch that ******* win screen than it takes to hit 5 buttons. I like the fact that since everything is remembered in smash (char wise) by the system itself all you have to do is reset and spam start a a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom