• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEE5MaGEjT8 ?

Also guys...

So like where do we go from here with Lucario? We're basically back right where we started on the tier list.

When you think about it... Lucario's UAir has a bit more range than Wario's clap and comes out just two frames slower.

Are we using his FAir right? I mean sure it comes out in 7 frames, but it takes a bit for it to go in front of him.

Do we know how many frames it takes for Luc's FAir hitbox to get in front of him?

Also would someone be so kind to really show me how to do the backwards BReversal properly because I can never get that down and I think it'd really help me.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
it's almost like 2 frames when it gets fully brought out to the front

luckily the duration of the hitbox makes that problem pretty irrelevant, you can practically throw it out preemptively with having +10 frames of duration.

My day went really awesome. I got this job interview for Primerica, a financial aid company, and I get a seminar intro too. Then when I return home, my parents went like "NO! CHAOS AND DISASTER!!" Then they yelled at me to get a job. My mom threatened to split. After they shut me up about it, my mom nagged my dad to shut me up about the job. She wants credit for everything that happens and she wouldn't do a rational thing to make something nice happen

D

Deleted member

That is the most emo general discussion title I've ever read.

::hugs all the Lucario mains:: You'll get through this!! ::sniff::

I play melee, brawl, plus, minus, tvc, mvc, blazblue, etc.

I don't see why I have to drop one to play another

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
So guys.

Catherine

games fun on harder difficulties, like way fun.

I don't like the dub female VAs though D:

Vincent's VA is great though

Yep. I actually dressed up as him for Halloween once lol.

I watch Crocodile Diaries a lot so I just tweaked my Australian accent and BAM! Perfect Englishman accent.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So guys do you think we can even push Lucario further up the tier list?

I could see us mmmaaaaayyybbbbeeeee overtaking Pika, but that's about it.

The very thought of Lucario ever being top tier in this game just seems weird. I still can't get over that we're at the top of high.

I honestly thought more people would be pouring in to main/second/try him out, but the game's scene seems to have been slowly dying for quite some time...

So what now...?

Lucario isn't that good. Brawl isn't that good either. It'd be great if Brawl quitters would convert to Melee

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
Why doesn't everyone just play Brawl and Melee? It would make everything better, really.
Melee people would bring their tech finding skills and apply them to brawl.

Brawl people would apply (insert something good here) and make Melee better, too.

D

Deleted member

I do hope they being Mewtwo back in the next Smash.

He's my favorite Pokemon. :(

Why doesn't everyone just play Brawl and Melee? It would make everything better, really.
Melee people would bring their tech finding skills and apply them to brawl.

Brawl people would apply their spacing and adapting and make Melee better, too.
"Brawl is a bad game" -[generic Melee player]
"Melee is too difficult" -[generic Brawl player]

That's it, nothing else to it

Sure Brawl is bad compared to Melee, SF4, and MVC3, but by itself it isn't so bad... If you don't mind not having comboes and edge guards and safe approaches and tech skill. There are sort of those 4 things in Brawl. But if you're MetaKnight, you're almost playing Melee. MetaKnight should be banned

Sure Melee is difficult at first. But once you get passed l canceling, wavedashing, and character specific techs, Melee isn't that much of a technical game. Improvements in adapting, spacing, and everything else > improvements in tech skill. They should try out Peach. She is the easiest character ever. No l canceling, minimal use of wavedash, no fancy techniques required (except floats). Just space float fair/nair/bair, turnip, dash attack, and down smash. Easy

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Many Melee players find the Brawl's metagame too shallow or boring. They also hate Brawl's inherent campy playstyle, especially timeouts...and Brawl's control is more sloppy. And of course the buffering system. That being said, elitism also prevents Melee players from playing Brawl or dismissing it after playing just a few hours.

Brawl players find Melee too difficult because it requires a good amount of practice before you can even do the basics (L-cancel, wavedash, shffl, waveland, techchasing, dashdance etc.) and then you have to know how to use them effectively. They try to start doing fancy combos without learning basics and then complain it's too hard or fast because they try to buffer everything, which doesn't work. Edgeguarding and knowing how to avoid it are a big part in Melee, which can be a foreign concept for some Brawl players because of autosnap...the same can also be said of shieldstun. SDI and DI is much harder to do as well. And of course, the big thing...HITSTUN.

I was playing both Brawl and Melee yesterday...felt good. It's a shame people can't enjoy both.

@Zant: I see a lot of Brawl players try to use Jigglypuff to learn Melee basics, which is very ********.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I actually play characters with low tech skill barriers in Melee specifically to get around the difficulty of getting into the game.

Specifically Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf.

Helps that I actually enjoy playing those characters. Also helps that I don't play to win in Melee, I play it to pull shenanigans. Such as hookshot to fire spike as YL.

Brawl there are exactly 3 things I don't like. Moves that aren't safe on hit, random elements which impact the game heavily (tripping and YOSHI'S ISLAND BRAWL WHY IS THIS STAGE STILL LEGAL WHY), and Metaknight, particularly Shuttle Loop.

Top Bottom