• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Mutant chu is evolving into mutantcario or raimutantchu.

Also FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK DAAAAYYYUUUUM!!!! at that window being broken liek that.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Ok I lied I just tested %s for DT vs. Nado and I couldn't be more confused...

It just goes right through with no damage regardless of % if MK moves his nado towards where luc reappears while grounded.

I'd like to give aerial attempts a try, but one person trying to use two controllers while testing this is hard.

It might only be practical in the air when MK tries to nado you.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
why yall gotta be hate'n on the womens? is that the reason why you dont got a gf to do everynight?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

It just goes right through with no damage regardless of % if MK moves his nado towards where luc reappears while grounded.

I'd like to give aerial attempts a try, but one person trying to use two controllers while testing this is hard.

You have to be pushing through for it to have an effect.

hold left/right.

I've tested it before, but not for the exact %s.

iRJi

Smash Champion

Double teams priority does not grow with damage. His power does to my knowledge however.

It beats Nado from the top, not the side or the bottom.

It better then air dodging into it, which is what he was stating before and:

Double team ALWAYS resets the position to neutral. That can be said for any attack that hits it, as I stated before.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Well I do remember it beating it from the side at a certain distance at higher %s, so argh I'ma test this tonight/this weekend.

I know I was just doing it wrong most of the time, but... At a certain distance when I tested it initially the results were more consistent (not easy when you're one person using two controllers) and at higher % it beat it, but a lower % just clinged so... Are you 100% certain that it does not increase priority?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why are you guys so lazy that you don't even re-upload your avatars?
C'mon now. It's boring seeing a faceless poster.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I used the avatar thing as an excuse to get a new cute 'chu <3

And to give VaMP a cute 'cario >_>

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So if you fail to activate DT will or will you not get butthurt?
DT has 81 frames from start to finish.
Nado's cool down is 29 frames.
Assuming the MK has a reaction speed of 10 frames that still leaves like 30-40 frames to decide to do something. Like DSmash.

You better hope you get hit by Nado if you mess up.

Yeahhhh the more I think about it this seems like a not a practical idea. Perhaps it'd help with a few mindgames.

Zucco

Smash Master
GREEN GREENS! I honestly didnt even think about it. I just wanted a full AS ****it!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
So if you fail to activate DT will or will you not get butthurt?
Double Team is 81 frames.

Of those, frames 6-36 are the only active frames. That leaves you with a good 51 frames of inactivity. It's safe to say it's very possible you'll get punished.

PrinceAlus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
That is what i was thinking. We have a bunch of other ways to resist it. Why are we using doubleteam? Maybe because you can get a silly kill with it?

iRJi

Smash Champion
That is what i was thinking. We have a bunch of other ways to resist it. Why are we using doubleteam? Maybe because you can get a silly kill with it?
Because you have less options then you think when the Tornado is hitting you from the bottom. Dair beats it out sometimes, and Uair is the best option for it from above, which is a slow option. When you speculate Tornado, do no always assume that you are doing a linear battle against him horizontally. If you take a good note on what most people do, they tend to air dodge to pass it, which is what the metaknight wants you to do. What Ksizzle is saying, instead of airdodging, why not just DT? if you air dodge you are going to get punished regardless. Lol.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
I use DT when I know the opponent won't expect it.

Don't use it against characters that have lame priority like Pit and Falco. For some reason, DT doesn't go through their moves.

There are some other characters, but they aren't as important as the examples I said.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if im on a stage like that i always am. then again i played melee and smash 64 for so long on all stages before i actually entered the competitive scene that its just normal for me
well the other issue if people dont play on that stage competitively :\

I don't know, but I was testing other options against nado, and it seems that if you use FFNair, it'll sometimes beat it out. It's most likely just a fluke though.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
OK guys. your not obligated to use double team. it was a suggestion. im gonna use it. The idiots wont and they will air dodge. plain and simple

continue playing the same if you dislike the idea and ill be the one to implement in my game. i wont bother posting more stuff

carry on.

Top Bottom