• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUSOM, Auburn University Smash Of the Millenium April 24th

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I'm feeling it!

Pokemon Puzzle League Side Tourny

S*** just got real!

of course, i've only got the wii version so....
calling for a 64....anyone?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gonna be there. Gonna hope Rag doesn't end up not going and making me drive up by myself.

Oh, you know I am. We can (finally) settle that cuh-luh-luh-luh-loyster is top tier. :>
I've been practicing since last time and I'm feeling giddy at the prospect of playing you again. I'm taking home PPL.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
lol where is the forward smash

Hey go to the Pikachu video critiques and look at my matches vs billy and tell me what im doing wrong....it should be on the last page:)

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
lol where is the forward smash

Hey go to the Pikachu video critiques and look at my matches vs billy and tell me what im doing wrong....it should be on the last page:)
Ok, I watched them. Before I say anything, keep in mind that Billy is a very good player, and at this point, player skill counts more than matchups. I could very easily have lost to his DDD too. That being said, Pikachu does have the advantage in this matchup.

He racked up a lot of damage off the side where you kept skull bashing into his waddle dees. You could have instead dropped down a little out of their trajectory then grabbed the ledge. Instead of trying to escape the tech chase from the position of laying on the ground, try teching D3's dthrow and don't get into that terrible position in the first place. As far as grabs go, you should switch it up more and run behind him to do a pivot grab. If you Fair him, stay out of his grab range when you land. Granted, D3's grab range is huge. D3 is very suceptible to thunder, but you need to predict his flight path more and limit his options better than you have been doing. This will just come with experience, and it is very hard to teach.

I feel I may have done you a disservice. Billy has played my Pikachu a lot and knows Pikachu's shortcomings and strategies.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
If you're going to practice, you should work on your quick attack recovery. What I sometimes do is just jump to a very precarious position under FD where I think I'll have trouble getting back and then quick attack to the ledge. I just keep doing it for a few minutes until I get bored.

How come signatures only show some of the time?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You use quick reply sometimes, I would assume. Check the box on the bottom right of the quick reply box.

Also, $1 random money matches are where it's at. Billy keeps taking my money, but I'm still gonna play him.

EDIT: Hrm,... now my sig isn't showing. Makes me look like an idiot.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
one dollar random MM's is where it's at. :)

Edit: my sig didn't show either.....

Edit Edit: maybe the text needs to be longer.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
$1 Random MM with Alias
$1 Random MM with Billy (Goddammit. I've got to win $4 off of you now).
$1 Random MM with Zero Gamer.
$3 Pokemon Puzzle League match vs. Will

Any problems?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
$1 Random MM with Alias
$1 Random MM with Billy (Goddammit. I've got to win $4 off of you now).
$1 Random MM with Zero Gamer.
$3 Pokemon Puzzle League match vs. Will

Any problems?
arent you the guy who wanted to MM my peach with your Ike?

Whether or not you are, we should 3$ MM.

Top Bottom