• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Community Critique Thread

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
i'm living the thug life my friend, there's no coming back... well not for a bit, i plan on coming back round christmas time, we can make a propper gamers christmas feast of gizmos, nachos, carne asada fries, and ice cream cake. but we'll see, i've been quite busy and am loved by the ladies.

and i miss you guys too

tedeth

Smash Master
Soooooooo I was thinking of doing something over the holidays to help out the community and waste some of the ridiculous amount of time that I'll have.

I was thinking of doing some vids on youtube where I take some good matches and do like a post match commentary thing on them. This would allow me to go into great depth about alot of things that I like/dislike about what people are doing. This would be mostly general things like how someone spaces or zones someone else or how they take some option that works/doesn't work for them and why.

I would want to do replays of the top players aswell as anyone aspiring newcomers.

What do people think?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Soooooooo I was thinking of doing something over the holidays to help out the community and waste some of the ridiculous amount of time that I'll have.

I was thinking of doing some vids on youtube where I take some good matches and do like a post match commentary thing on them. This would allow me to go into great depth about alot of things that I like/dislike about what people are doing. This would be mostly general things like how someone spaces or zones someone else or how they take some option that works/doesn't work for them and why.

I would want to do replays of the top players aswell as anyone aspiring newcomers.

What do people think?
That would be amazing.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
soooooooo i was thinking of doing something over the holidays to help out the community and waste some of the ridiculous amount of time that i'll have.

I was thinking of doing some vids on youtube where i take some good matches and do like a post match commentary thing on them. This would allow me to go into great depth about alot of things that i like/dislike about what people are doing. This would be mostly general things like how someone spaces or zones someone else or how they take some option that works/doesn't work for them and why.

What do people think?
do it nao!

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok cool I'll def get that started prolly late December.

If ppl get some good replays together I'll be happy to do as many of the good ones as I can.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Hey Ted, Have you seen the set of Afropony and I? I think it could be a good candidate cos of the constant back and forthness. It's MK ditto though so dunno if you want it, but yeah just chucking it out there.
Ohh unless you want actual replays and not already recoded and uploaded games, i dunno.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Assuming you want recent vids, none of the last Perth tournament were particular good displays of skill given that not even one of our better players played seriously that day -_-" Hopefully at the next tournament people will be a bit more inclined to be good.

Splice

Smash Hero
Ted that'd be great and would accomplish most of what I wanted to accomplish through this thread :)

If you could review my Set with Afropony (in the OP under my section) that'd be lovely. :)

Zxv

Smash Lord
Hey, Ted, I'd like to get in that too. If you want to bounce ideas off each other, next meet/whenever we can sit down and go through videos and critique together.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'd do it for melee since i love hearing the sound of my own voice too

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I love hearing the sound of your voice aswell dekar.
cant get to sleep without it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I dont think you are. I'm not really sure. Are you?

____

Either way, use of Nair was nice, but could have been used even more at times, you missed some easy continuations of attack chains. I felt you pushed too far in with Bair, it's good for spacing and stuff but using it as an all out approach is often bad, of course it still works, which it did. Good to see you Uthrow Snake, pity juggling him with Uair failed. FF Nair often a better choice for one such as Snake, if you notice he doesnt have grenade. You can space it so its still fune even with the grenade, so it doesnt explode the grenade. I'm pretty sure that was a legit read the way you got the first Fsmash, nice. I dont think he should have died though lol.

On 2nd stock u Dthrowed, If Buff teched Dtilt was the best you could do. Uthrow is better :D
Also nice utilts. Dont use them much myself but in the Snake MU they are great. Get him in the air above you easy.
Also you should always jump when you bacon, and try and follow it up and guess where the bacon will end up and and calculate stuff and stuff. Your use of bacon was terrible imo. Pretty solid game there Jesse, not sure how good you'd be at actually spacing and dealing with any pressure whatsoever (coz Buff applied none) and also landing kills. Looks nice though, good Game and Watch. I need to Utilt like you. Oh when you really cant get a kill, surprise Dair is great. you killed buff with chair coz he being stoopid. Also when you get approaches and stuff shut down too much, GaW can really afford to walk away and take a breather and then space a bit and get a combo or something then. You got hit by Buff consecutively a lot at one point. Needed a bit more patience.

Holy crap Buff your Snake is terrible. It's only a bit better than mine. It might even be worse.

JESSE I NEED TO USE UTILT THANKS HEAPS

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'll try and get more videos against good opponents - all the ones I've got are against bad players or ones where I suicide stupidly and die on bad stages that are bad (OR BOTH LOL AFTERNOON DELIGHT). The suprise chair kill was -SO- amazing though; I can't be modest about that :D

And yes, my use of UTilt is now subconscious thanks to playing Lucas/Diddy. Fact: I can only use chars who have 1) Good DAirs and 2) Good UTilts, otherwise my gameplay completely unravels. But yeah, I was mainly putting it up to see if my spacing needed a touch up, and also see if anyone can spot some fundamental flaws in my game outside of me being too predictable with Diddy Kong, which is my biggest weakness right now. Oh, and I wanted to just stick the thorn a bit more into Buff's side before he rematches me :D Three birds, one stone?

TY HomeSplice!

tedeth

Smash Master
Is that whole commentary even in English?

I would like to critique the commentary more than the actual match.

"Fufavaleff to devay the second money match. Hater vs MTGod the total of 10 cents each 20 cents in total. That is a gumball."

Terrible.

Didn't watch past about 1 min but I'm sure it continued with much of the same. :p

EDIT: Oh lol I watched a bit more and he makes fun of gumball himself. That improves it by 1 point.

EDIT 2: Sorry man I still hate your voice. :p

Zxv

Smash Lord
Commentary critque: 'pro' and 'amateur' aren't antonyms. They're different measures of the SAME THING. It's a spectrum:

novice -> amateur -> intermediate -> advanced -> professional

Hence, amateur doesn't translate to "not pro".

So, saying "amateur = not pro. Ergo: worst amateur = worst not pro = best pro" is fallacious and just plain incorrect. Worst amateur = novice.

edit: You're right , Zero.

MTGod

Smash Champion
No amount of critique could improve Perth commentary, but props for trying :p

Splice

Smash Hero
If anyone wants more vids uploaded just say so.

When I find time I'll do more stuff for this that should work well.

Can someone "properly" critique some of Zero's stuff? Even though I could as I understand ZSS a bit, I'm not joking when I say it takes like half an hour to load 3/4 minutes of youtube for me. And Starcraft is unplayable when I try to load a video as well so... not keen. Plus if someone could watch more then one video, the critique would be more consistant as you wouldnt be analysing things that Zero knows are mistakes but likely larger game flaws.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Problem is, Zero was teaching ME how to play ZSS at Robocop, so I don't think I could offer anything to the table in terms of critiquing his -_-"

Hater

Smash Ace
ya see thats is where your wrong your more likely to notice bad patterns in his playstyle rather that technical mistakes or options he should have taken, i would help but totally capped atm and my zss is bad but i would point out every mistake he makes when i can ^^

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont listern to these noobs zero, come to act and learn all that there is to learn.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah let's be serious here
it's not corpse's fault he's bad, it's just that the rest of perth sucks so hard he has nobody good to prac with

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
let what go, corpse is paying the price for having a huge ego.
in case you didnt realize we live in australia.

also he looks like fred savage

Top Bottom