• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Governmental Discussion

Jammer

Smash Lord
It looks like Kevin Rudd, of the "Labour" Party, has won.

This is kinda weird for me to say, because I'm American. Congratulations, Australians? I don't know, because I know very little about Australian politics.

EDIT: Woah! Everyone's getting 100Mbs broadband, and high school seniors get free laptops. I'm so jealous.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Woah! Everyone's getting 100Mbs broadband, and high school seniors get free laptops. I'm so jealous.

what free stuff... for auzzys
harumf hurmf grrr im move there but all new American passports have RFID chips(GPS radio tracker) in them, and i wont allow myself to be tracked like that but for a free laptop i might just do it!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Now lets see if he'll actually go through with his promises, otherwise it's Howard MKII

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Now lets see if he'll actually go through with his promises, otherwise it's Howard MKII
Of course he won't, he's a politician. Yesterday was my first voting experience and I am already sick of it.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Australia is a small island in the Caribbean, famed vacation spot and possession of the US. Either that or a mythical continent that sank off the coast of northern Africa.
Really? I thought it was some place near Germany. You know, where they have alpine skiing? I think Sigmund Freud was born in Australia.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Actually we are south-east of the Mushroom Kingdom, Rudd is in wheat traiding negotiations with Peach, because of inflation I now have to pay $3.00 (aussie dollars) for a loaf of bread. Hopefully we can get cheap exported wheat and reduce the cost of bread.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
So I herd u voet Ruddkipz?

I certainly did.

AND FAMILY FIRST WAS WAY, WAY, WAY DOWN THE BOTTOM.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Didn't they do something stupid like team up with a party wanting neuclear power plants or something?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
i predict kevin rudd will win the election.

Yay! im right.

But you guys dont seriously think we'll get 100mb/s internet and laptops, do you?

duke nukem forever was promised for 1997. WHAT HAPPENED THERE?!?!?

EDIT: and since when do Americans know about Aussie politics?

Jammer

Smash Lord
Didn't they do something stupid like team up with a party wanting neuclear power plants or something?
Just wondering, Mic_128: Are you against nuclear power plants?

Also, RaveveX, if you're referring to me in your edit: I know a tiny bit about pretty much everything. This was a huge thing for Australia, which is a tiny thing for me, but I saw that this thread hadn't been updated with the results, so I did it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't like the way Howard was all "screw working on improved solar, wind and hydro power, lets get more "clean coal" stations and get a neuclear plant!"

Blackadder

Smash Master
vote greens
The election is over now, but still:
CAOTIC is on the right idea here!

However, right now, Kevin is already showing himself to look promising.
No workplace laws, hopefully help for the Aboriginals, The kyoto protocol will be signed, ect.

In short,
Howard sucks.

EDIT:
Nuclear Power Plants suck even harder.

Top Bottom