• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Ironically, I do not play smash anymore, so check the 2nd post for updated details about us *cough* , sorry them Australian smashers.

By the way guys, feel free to msn me if you want anything else changed ^^

BladeMarth

Smash Ace

well i live in Queensland...... so....are there any Queensland smashers out there who would like to have a QLD tourney????If so pls reply. tee hee.:o :chuckle:

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
This has been tried many times before, but I'm afraid it seems almost every diff member that aussie is in a diff state!
The most you could hope for is to have one person come and visit you for a match... There's not even really enough ppl here from Oz for a tourney even if they DID live in the same state.
I'm in sydney, and actually having a small and casual tourney in about a week, but that's just with friends. I'm afraid there's just too few of us for anything big to happen...

BTW to rmusgrave I think that mic_128 lives in Perth, or at least WA and has a few friends that play at his school, so mebbe if you see him round the forums you could ask him and try and meet up.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The funny thing Haha is that rmusgrave and I both know each other. It's just that you get tired of beating the same person. Oh FINE! Being beaten too.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Lol what a coincidence.
Or did you invite him to SWF, so it's no coincidence at all?
Heh all the same we got no hope of organising something big for AUS at these forums...

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
awwww....... okies. There shud be some kind of melee tournament organisation association or sumfin like dat.:o I only have 1 friend who has melee and i can beat him easily so i have no one to battle.WAAAAAAAAAAA!:mad:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Haha, sorry to spoil your fun but i told him about the forums. No coincidence. Although he did post in here without me knowing before.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
One thing you could try blademarth is somethign called "Gamecube meetup"
Search around for it
It find all the people in your area who are interested in meeting up to "talk about gamecube"
Lol maybe you could just use it to find people in your area then contact them individually to ask about a tourney.

Mild

Smash Journeyman
Cool a tourney on the other side of the world? I'd love to go there and say ,"MATE".

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Lol I'd say we'll NEVER KNOW...
But my guess would be NO!
There's just not enough competition round here. You can only hope that one of your friend's gets good. I've only got one friend that is as good as me, and I don't get to play him that much. So we don't even get as much of an oppurtunity to get better as over there...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
As some of you probably know im from Victoria, and its gay here coz the only real competition I have is SabreAnt. Anyone from Victoria (or anyone who makes their way here) wanting to play, I'm willing to host.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Thunder Mistress
Hangs out mostly in creative minds, artwork emporium, universal discussion, and pool room to my knowledge.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*sigh* hmm

Hmmm...**** this topic is pointless...It's doing nothing cept gathering virtual dust. My question though is how many people would even show up at an Aussie tourny? I spose I could find out if I could hold one...More smashboards ppl and others they know though. Like 10 people would come though lol, and they'd all be from my suburb, GREAT! Well I suppose plane tickets aren't too expensive, and maybe with ample warning somebody's bound to wanna be the best that much that they'd pay for it.
If I did, and my parents allowed lol, would anyone seriously bother to come?

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
Cronos, where in Vic do ya live?
I'm looking for challengers, hee hee!:D If there is a tourney, i'd definitely go!:)

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
well if i had enough money id fly down there and kick all ur asses.

by the way, are u in any bushfire affected areas? Are u safe?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I live near Melbourne and the ocean, the nearest bushland is hours away....though I'm more worried about fire than I am of having my butt kicked by you! :p hehe, it'd be great to vs you. If ever you're in the area let me know! :)

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Yeah same goes for you, let me know if you ever plan a trip down to sydney.
8p
A friend of our family had their garage with a boat in it burnt down, but everyone else I know is fine.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Thanks for the offers guys C"" ^_.^") \\//
Lucky, a boat's replacable. And technically Haha it's if I'm up there, but anyway :p

$ma$h_Gurl! and friend are comin to play smash with my friend and I this Saturday, I'll let you know much of a butt kickin I get :)

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Oooh kewl, let us know! There's no chance of any vids are there?
They'd be the first ozzie smash vids ever, you'd be makign smash histroy!
8p
Are you just playing a 2vs2 or you gonna have 1vs1 too?
Anyways I've got 5 good friends with melee, and several of them have brothers, and I got a bunch of other friends that would want to come to a tourney anyway, and I know I could get up to 15 ppl to come play at a tourney, and that's just from friends, so I guess if I opened my house to the rest of Sydney I could get something going, but I don't think my parents would like that idea...
8/
I've never been to Victoria, so mebbe someday I can convince my parents we need to take a holiday down there sometime, cos they always talk about going to see more of Australia (I've seen more of the world than I have of Australia)...
Lol so mebbe someday I could come down there if you got something organised, but at most I'd be able to bring like 2 or three of my friends, only they would be keen enough to go that far for it...
Or you could come here some day, and I'll have 10-15 ppl waiting for you.
8)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hehe, sorry no vids :( Yeah well it was good fun first of all. First off I'd like to say that $ma$h_Gurl! was better than me :) I got major butt kicked the first match I played with her (Falco, Falco Final Dest.) losing something like 2-3 stock down in 5 stock lol. She used plenty of wave dashing, but pretty much just to show off as much as using it as a tactic. Next game I played her Falco vs Falco I lost and she had two stock left on Corneria, where she totally dominated my tail game leaving me trying to lure her to flat ground lol. Then this same thing happened again. The next Falco vs Falco after that was final again and I lost by one stock. The final game Flaco vs Falco we played I won on Jungle Japes (i think thats it, the one with Cranky and the tiolet.) yeah, well I won this one only cause I reflected her short jump lasers and sorta used the stage hazards to my advantage. Even so I only won with one stock left :D
Her friend Leena and my friend Dale also played 1 on 1's. Dale was using the Sheik I just taught him yesterday and seemed to have a natural skill with her/him. He won a fair few of his matches using Sheik whereas the rest he lost just about all of them.
We also played some FFa's and Team games...can't really remember many team games results except for $ma$h_Gurl!'s Falco and my Pichu dominating Dales Link and Leenas Mario. I lost all but one FFA cause, well I was way to eager to mix it up and was the one constantly in the middle of the battle getting his butt kicked.
All up I had a great time, and was impressed to see attractive young ladies with good manners and sense of humour...and that's not to mention the gaming skills :) $ma$h_Gurl! even SD'd when i accidently dodged over the edge one match. :bee:

Look forward to playing again!

Haha, I wanna own/get my butt kicked by you also :chuckle:

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
hehehe thankz alot crono! Leena annd I had a great time!

too bad that the arwings kept shooting you! That was hilarious!!:D
Yeah, you pretty much beat me in jungle japes ( grrrr....)
i wish we could tape our matches though.....:(

Anyway, that was a good match crono. i look forward to the next!!

( Crono, I SD to make it fair, but you jumped off!!)

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Lol sounds awesome!
No fair though
8(
I wanna play
8(
I only have one friend that's any fun to play against, but I don't get to play him v often. And I think it'd be more exciting to play someone new.
8p
SO COME UP HERE!
PLEASE!
Either of you!
You two gonna play each other again?
And were Leena and Dale pretty much Newbs to it, or did they have a bit of experience?
Hmmm there's a new member here from Sydney called Caba who hangs out in CM, but he has his PMs disabled so I can't talk to him, even though he says that they should be working.
Please, both of you, if EVER you make a trip to Sydney, MAKE SURE you contact me first so we can get together.
I so want to play...
8(
I really wanna see a vid of you guys so I know roughly how I'd stand.
8p
I'm playing sheik only atm, kinda given up on my falco.
I play a mean item game, so I hope you guys like to have them on.
8p
Hmmm I'm gonna hafta keep dreaming and hoping...
8(

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
Haha, i may *** up during the holidayz.....just maybe!!! and i'll *** challenge u and ya friends!

You play shiek? Woah, you may just beat me.....Just......
Nah, i dun play items. I play with skill.

Yeah, i will play another match w/ crono.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
This is probably a little premature but I have family in good ol Aussie and at some point will end up out that way, hopefully semi soon. At which point I will be glad to break kids in American style if you are thirsty for some competition.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Do you know where about in Aus they live?
Make sure you let us know when you're coming.

Lol smash gurl that was a bit harsh about items, don't you think that it also takes skill to use the items?
Erm we better not turn this thread into yet another one of those debates though...
All I'm saying is that I like to make the items a big part of my game, I can control a match's items pretty well, grabbing a lot of them first with sheik's speed and a heck of a lot of air catching. Oops now I sound like I'm boasting.
8/
You only use falco Smash Gurl?
It's good to hear there's a chance of you coming down next hols, when is that for you?
My next hols are in like 10 weeks or summint...

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
well i just started back at skool in grade nine so i aint going anywhere anytime soon :(. I also love to play with items especially when im Zelda, i rarely use shiek. I only have 1 friend who has melee but he lives 2 houra away from me and i never get to play human players but i love bashing up Cps. Everyone let me know when u wanna come up and get an *** whoopin(probably not but anyway). IM DYING FOR A GAME!?!?!??!!?

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
lolz haha, i rarely play w/ items and of course i play bad w/ items.
ATM, i'm trying to play w/ items, so when i *** over during the holidays, you'll expect a goooooooood challenge!!!:D :D :D

I use Falco, Marth + Doc as my main characters. and sometimes Roy and Luigi.
Yeah, my holidays are in 10 weeks ( so long......)

BladeMarth, why don't you come down here? It's fun playin' a FFA w/ Cronos_Rainbow. He always complaining about being smashed around!!:chuckle: :chuckle:

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
I KNOW!
These next hols everyone come to Sydney, to my place, and we play here!
Blade marth is above me in brisbane, and cronos and smash gurl are below me in melbourne. It makes sense that we should all meet up in the middle, i.e. my place!
8p
Sounds like a plan to me!
Blade marth and cronos, your next hols in ten weeks too?

Top Bottom