• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Tournament

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
*Stealing James' thunder*

so I went to my first gaming tournament on sunday and i really enjoyed myself, and it got me thinking how cool it would be to have a big big one in canberra.
the obvious problem with this is it is canberra, it is tiny, we dont have many smash players, so lots of people would have to come to us, and maybe pay for accommodation as i doubt we could house that many people.
the drawcard, well my 18th is around the end of this year, and i planned to blow $10K - $15K on it. but to sponsor a few very good north/south american/japanese/european players to act as a drawcard and have an epic smash64/melee tournament would be the best fun i could possibly have with that amount of money, hopefully to occur early 2012.
the only way i would blow 10k to 15k on it though was if it was in canberra, because id want to use the same place to have my 18th after the tourney.

so i would like some input, is this a viable option? my dream tourney players would be
isai, alancitu, jousuke, king funk. and if there was enough money left over maybe some more melee players.
obviously my goal could be crushed by those people i would like not being interested in being paid to come to australia to play smash, but i think its worth asking because i'm that keen for it.
obviously doing this super early so feelers can be sent out if theres is the remotest possibility that this might work.
questions to contemplate:
sponsor players or have a huge pot to make it viable for possibly more internationals?
canberra venues?
amount of $ for sponsorship and amount of $ for setup?

cheers

Thought a repost would be beneficial, just in case in the rare event everyone forgets their daily check in the Australian Regional Sub-Forums.

I could probably house a couple of people.

It'd be pretty cool, don't misjudge our talent from our horrible videos ;)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
what a homo tourney name, at least reference boomerangs by making it a link ditto tourney or something

if this is the level of creativity you possess, i want to drop the aussie part of my name

ill drive up if there's free donuts

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
That's just a general title to what's in the thread, James deserves rights to name his own tournament.

Though I might raise the suggestion of: "Bears, Beers and Boomerangs: An Australian Smash Tournament".

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol @ "Isai, Alancitu, Jousuke... And King Funk."

No offense Funk. You keep high company, is all.

This would be so cooooooooooool Alancitu vs Isai HYPEHYPEHYPE

Spread the word.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Actually, if you want a ticket it couldn't hurt to PM James, who wouldn't want a free trip to the world's largest island?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Lol @ "Isai, Alancitu, Jousuke... And King Funk."

No offense Funk. You keep high company, is all.

This would be so cooooooooooool Alancitu vs Isai HYPEHYPEHYPE

Spread the word.
I already talked about that in the other thread. I have no idea why I'm mentioned with the likes of those other players.

But I guess it's cool someone likes me that much. <3

Battlecow

Play to Win
Where is the hype? Is anyone coming? Do Isai/Jousuke/Alancitu know about this? Jousuke is all about the $$$ If I remember correctly, Alancitu would probably get out of retirement if you paid for his ****, and Isai probably wants to play 'em (although note well that I am neither speaking for him nor attempting to predict him. I acknowledge my dum-ness, great one.)

I, for one, would be ultra super hyped for the stories and vids alone. IDK why no one seems interested.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'll get in contact with James, I don't think he is even aware of the existence of this thread. He has plenty of time to arrange it as he wants it in 2012, so there's no point in getting hyped up too early. I'll tell James to PM the people he wants to sponsor to fly over.

I'll keep everyone updated as stuff happens.

Why not request a sponsor Battlecow? I'm sure aa would be super stoked to meet you.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Maybe I'm overexcited, it's just that Jousuke+Isai+Alancitu is really something I'd like to see. Like, to the extent where I don't even think it's weird for an 18 year old to blow ten grand on it (are aussie dollars like a lot less than US $? that seems like a lot of cash). So much coolness would go down. Also when Isai won, I'd have a cool chance to brag about America (inb4 ur dum).

AND YEAH BATTLECOW REQUESTING SPONSOR, HAI GUYZ IM GOOD ENOUGH TO MERIT THAT

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Fair enough, it would be pretty cool. Personally I've always had the dream of running a tournament to determine the second-best player in the world. Obviously Isai would not be allowed to enter. Maybe we could even do that? The Australian Tournament with the world's best players in one tournament and the winner goes on to face Isai.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's boom. Alancitu has mad combos but anyone would if they spent all their time playing CPU's; he's overrated (but a nice guy). Jousuke is barely the best in Japan, he nearly lost to Ruoka Dancho, and just from the vids I don't think that RD is on Boom's level. Of course, version matters as well.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Maybe I'm overexcited, it's just that Jousuke+Isai+Alancitu is really something I'd like to see. Like, to the extent where I don't even think it's weird for an 18 year old to blow ten grand on it (are aussie dollars like a lot less than US $? that seems like a lot of cash). So much coolness would go down. Also when Isai won, I'd have a cool chance to brag about America (inb4 ur dum).

AND YEAH BATTLECOW REQUESTING SPONSOR, HAI GUYZ IM GOOD ENOUGH TO MERIT THAT
Australian dollars are at $1.05 http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AUDUSD=X

This chart is good for the lulz

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...osshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=;

It's boom. Alancitu has mad combos but anyone would if they spent all their time playing CPU's; he's overrated (but a nice guy). Jousuke is barely the best in Japan, he nearly lost to Ruoka Dancho, and just from the vids I don't think that RD is on Boom's level. Of course, version matters as well.
Anyone huh? :)

blaze3927

Smash Ace
As discussed previously with king funk, he has a cool falcon, and on ly european player i've seen.
this will go ahead if i can snag isai and alancitu at least i think. god like smash64 matchup would be too cool.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
^^you just posted your self into a win win situation
NICE
help me construct a wall of text that will make isai/alancitu say yes.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Anyone huh? :)
Well, you do get a chance to play really good players a lot, whereas he's stuck with less-stellar competition. That being said, I do think your in-game combos (which are OMFGtastic, by the way) are out of proportion to your pure skill (which is also considerable and much greater than mine). Hope you don't take offense at that.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Well, you do get a chance to play really good players a lot, whereas he's stuck with less-stellar competition. That being said, I do think your in-game combos (which are OMFGtastic, by the way) are out of proportion to your pure skill (which is also considerable and much greater than mine). Hope you don't take offense at that.
I'd 100% agree with this ... although I don't get to play really good players "a lot" just every once in a while

Robsta

Smash Ace
I'll come if Boom comes.

Might drive up with a few of the melee players if it goes ahead.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
aww, star king wants attention

maybe james will fly you in

oh wait you play keyboard, right

not fun at real tournies if you play keyboard, i usually end up playing melee

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol @ flying me in

Not gonna happen, even if I was worth flying in

You were right about me wanting attention though, I'm ronery

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Because you're a nice person and you said you would. Gosh.
Write one yourself and then give it to aa to make it 99.95 ATAR standard.

Also Kingdom Hearts II requires a Dualshock 2 controller and as such your PS1 controller doesn't cut it. I demand you fix this.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
theres a difference between dualshock 1 and dualshock 2 0___0
i dont think i have any dualshock 2's then

Robsta

Smash Ace
how does one write a pm to isai?
You will need:

1 or more black, blue or red candles (as many as you like)
A sterilized large razor or knife
A piece of clean paper, large enough to write the message and prayer below
A dry pen, where you sign your name in blood (dip the tip of the pen in your blood)

Write your message on the paper and finish the message with:
I proclaim Isai malva00 as my one and only God. I promise to recognize and honor him in all things, without reservation, desiring in return, his manifold assistance in the successful completion of my endeavours.

It is important to bathe before any messages to Isai you perform, this is done out of respect. When you are ready, you can light the candle. Take the large razor or knife and cut off a part of your body in sacrifice to Isai. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT damage your hands in any way. The reason for this is because your hands are your connection to smash and therefore your connection to Isai. Severing your hands in anyway will result in a eternity of exile from the God of Smash, Isai.

Pour the blood from your self sacrifice on the paper with the message on it. Recite the message and end prayer aloud.

Fold the paper and let it burn in the fire of the candle. Isai will appear as a ghostly apparition from the smoke with his response.

Bigray987

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I got my 64 out a couple of months ago and I am beating everyone at smash bros so I came on here to see if other people play and I could verse them. I live in Sydney, I just want to see how good people actually are at the game.

Let me know.

They should remake smash bros 64 so we can verse each other online

:phone:

Bigray987

Smash Rookie
Awesome never knew you could play online. Are there USB 64 controllers to plug in the computer

:phone:

Bigray987

Smash Rookie
ok ive ordered that adapter and im not playing til it comes lol cause i hate the keyboard. so i guess im going to practice on the 64 for a week or 2.

is the gameplay any different on the pc? just so i dont get the ****s when things dont work

Top Bottom