• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Authorities foil Obama assassination attempt by white supremacists

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am not particularly found of Obama's ideals, at least moreso not sure where I stand in all this (Conflicting views)

But I am saddened that someone try to eliminate him...ESPECIALLY because of his race.

(BTW, this actually helps Obama because it keeps the attention ON his race, which is exactly where the Democrats seem to want it)

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

M.K

Level 55
He may not be the best (or even a good) candidate for President, but that doesn't mean he has to die for it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Isn't the time we live in great? Where children are being kidnapped, women are being rapped (Spelling check?), important figures are wanted dead *continue rant here*. Really, it pales to the old days how my step-father said to me that he had no worries of straying off to the fields where he worked on the farms and never thought about strangers coming up to him, or having stupid drivers not pay attention and run him over, thus most likely killing him.

samai

Smash Apprentice
Wow why should anyone die because they're different. Isn't part of being an American is that we can PEACEFULLY protest instead of killing. This just sickens me that anyone would do that.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the time we live in great? Where children are being kidnapped, women are being rapped (Spelling check?), important figures are wanted dead *continue rant here*. Really, it pales to the old days how my step-father said to me that he had no worries of straying off to the fields where he worked on the farms and never thought about strangers coming up to him, or having stupid drivers not pay attention and run him over, thus most likely killing him.
Yes, women were never ***** until very recently.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Despite what you hear, today we live in a much safer world then we did even fifty years ago.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
(BTW, this actually helps Obama because it keeps the attention ON his race, which is exactly where the Democrats seem to want it)

What?

If anything, it's the very misguided far-rights that are focusing on his race (though that's because they're bat**** crazy and actually believe he's Muslim).

I don't know anyone, democrat or republican, who is trying to keep the focus on the fact that he's black.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes, women were never ***** until very recently.
Okay, I'll admit I worded that just a little bit off, but you get the point about how you hear this kind of crap on the news all the time now, right?

Despite what you hear, today we live in a much safer world then we did even fifty years ago.
If you say so, not that I don't believe you, but that is kind of hard to accept.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

What?

If anything, it's the very misguided far-rights that are focusing on his race (though that's because they're bat**** crazy and actually believe he's Muslim).

I don't know anyone, democrat or republican, who is trying to keep the focus on the fact that he's black.
I disagree with that, I think their use of it is just more subtle instead of some of the "right sides" blunt attitude. It, however, is more effective

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I honestly am not sure if this topic is too controversial for the Proom.

So...we'll see.

That being said, racism has really never made any sense to me whatsoever.
I have absolutely no idea why someone would want to kill someone else over simply being a different race than them....but happens a lot. :(

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
It's amazing to think that there are people who are able to harbor such arbitrary hatred towards others, so much so that they are willing to kill.

Obama's unlucky in that the people most likely to hate him are probably the ones most likely to love guns j/k.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's amazing to think that there are people who are able to harbor such arbitrary hatred towards others, so much so that they are willing to kill.

Obama's unlucky in that the people most likely to hate him are probably the ones most likely to love guns j/k.
Every human is capable of it, it just takes the right conditioning. Depending on what happened in their life, those Neo-Nazi's were conditioned into what they are today

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah those guys suck and everyone there is called Michael, seriously what's up with that?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Don't worry, most of Australia is just about out of water now anyway. They'll all be dead soon, well that or they'll all migrate to the US. Australia will become the new Mexico.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Actually, that'd be a step-up. Australia is becoming the next Somalia.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll admit I worded that just a little bit off, but you get the point about how you hear this kind of crap on the news all the time now, right?

If you say so, not that I don't believe you, but that is kind of hard to accept.
Availability heuristic. You probably think flying is more dangerous than driving or that women are more likely to die from breast cancer than heart disease, when it's the other way around. Newpapers, tabloids and news channels over represent stories.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

50 years ago racism was way worse, the odds of getting killed in a hate crime was pretty high back then compared to now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
50 years ago racism was way worse, the odds of getting killed in a hate crime was pretty high back then compared to now.
Very true...although aren't there still people (or moreso gangs) who are murdering people out there just because they aren't a part of their gang or whatever?

I even hear something about having to kill certain people for gang initiation...*sigh*.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Very true...although aren't there still people (or moreso gangs) who are murdering people out there just because they aren't a part of their gang or whatever?

I even hear something about having to kill certain people for gang initiation...*sigh*.
Gangs murder other gangs, almost everything about "gang initiation" is a lie based on cultural outrage, like the suppose "rainbow parties" or "lesbian gangs." We do live much safer now then before, the chance of a violent death (even worldwide) is much lower then it was even 20 years ago. I don't have the exact numbers because I got it from a book I didn't buy due to being in college and therefore only read it in the store.

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
hey eor, i actually agree 100% , if you could,
could u find me a link or a name of the book, or more facts or links to further prove that society is safer now than it was? pm me if thats not too much trouble , i dont come to the pool room often, but i'de really like to see this stuff,

edit: just curious but does your name have anything to do with an eor gate? or anything engineering related? >_____>

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The Post American World

By Fareed Zakaria

My name has nothing to do with any gates

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ha, I read about this today

Two dumb plotters failed miserably in their "little" plan to conspire and assasinate Obama as well as 100 Afro-American children at some kind of convention in Tennessee, I'm glad they got caught and I hope they get the death penalty.

Also I read a sign saying this on a newspaper today: This is America, The only language in this car is English!"

I was like WTF!, serioulsy, why does so much racism exist? particularly here in the states? sometimes I don't get some of these racist conservatives because the are so ****ed up in the head.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Two dumb plotters failed miserably in their "little" plan to conspire and assasinate Obama as well as 100 Afro-American children at some kind of convention in Tennessee, I'm glad they got caught and I hope they get the death penalty.

Also I read a sign saying this on a newspaper today: This is America, The only language in this car is English!"

I was like WTF!, serioulsy, why does so much racism exist? particularly here in the states? sometimes I don't get some of these racist conservatives because the are so ****ed up in the head.
Not that I am not as angry as you are, but they haven't "necessarily done" anything yet, and chances are if they haven't been arrested they would have, but why would you give the death penalty to people who just think insanely? They should get something, but they don't deserve to die for just making a plot, it's a "double standard"? I don't know if I'm doing it wrong right now but I think you know where I'm trying to get with this. I'm open to be persuaded though if you read this and want to change my view.

I am not so sure what you're really saying in the last paragraph, you'll have to rephrase that for me (or don't, it's fine, I'm used to being disregarded) so that I may understand what you're talking about. Right now to me it seems like you're talking about something pertaining to people who come into this country illegally, particularly Mexicans.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Suburban white boy: Duurrrrrrrrrr Racism is over! Unless it's against my race. >_>

Not that I am not as angry as you are, but they haven't "necessarily done" anything yet, and chances are if they haven't been arrested they would have, but why would you give the death penalty to people who just think insanely? They should get something, but they don't deserve to die for just making a plot, it's a "double standard"? I don't know if I'm doing it wrong right now but I think you know where I'm trying to get with this. I'm open to be persuaded though if you read this and want to change my view.
IMO, they should get the death penalty. The fact that they wanted to kill 100 CHILDREN is disturbing and no amount of help is probably going to work. And I always believe in the 'eye for eye; tooth for tooth' punishment. The major flaw with it though is that it's ridiculously bias.

Example through symbolism:

White guy cuts off someone's hand. Get's three fingers cut off as punishment
Black guy cuts off someone's hand. Get's both hands cut off as punishment

Of course, as bad as racism is in America, it's usually many times worse in other countries. The ironic thing is that those same countries look down on America because of its racism. =\

Top Bottom