• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Autocancelled" BAIR Desynch (is amazing)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I recently encountered this term--apparently it refers to an aerial that doesn't need to be L-cancelled.

SH a BAIR (do not FF it) and hold up on the control stick. Nana will jump somewhere between a SH and FJ (a FJ within her box, I'm guessing) and you can quickly desynch into lots of stuff. I'm finding the most useful are Nana BAIR + Popo fsmash, Nana DAIR + Popo dsmash, and desynched jumping ice blocks. If you continue holding up after the desynch but don't attack with Nana, then she will continue to hop along next to Popo.

You can do this from autocancelled SH UAIR as well, but it doesn't seem as useful. Also FJ NAIR and FAIR, but again, doesn't seem as useful.

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
chu dat gave this tip in his fan club lol.

he seems to feel pretty strong about the Auto cancelled Up-air from a short hop.

Ful jumped B-airs and Up-airs are great because you can waveland to chase their DI or tech :)

psicicle

Smash Ace
actually there is no need to hold up on the C stick

I find this useful for low percentages because I can combo it into a quick dsmash

Oh you were talking about a desync- sounds pretty cool

Top Bottom