• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avoiding falco chaingrab

WildEchidna

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, or if this is well known but I'd like to throw something out there for other wario mainers out there.

I was playing at the weekly tourney a couple of weeks back and i was matched up against a falco. I had used my bike previously as a surprise tactic earlier in the match, however the bike still was on the stage (Lylat). When the falco grabbed me, he proceeded to try to chain grab me and it worked until his character collided with my stationary bike. I can only come to the conclusion that the Wariobike created some sort of resistance that prevented Falco to continue the chaingrab.

Just throwing this out there.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Are you sure the stage didnt tilt in a way that would make you out of falco's reach? If not then, this is new to me. It IS risky however because if the falco chains you the other way and lands his dair on you, your pretty much screwed(unless you have a waft saved up).

WildEchidna

Smash Cadet
Yeah, well i kept that in mind later on in the match, i'm pretty sure it wasn't the stage though i could be wrong. And when you are getting CG-ed by falco it's when you have low % anyways, though doesn't mean you can't get gimped, however i just wanted to share, to see what you guys would make of this.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have gotten out of the chaingrab with just weird DI, I almost went completely over his shoulders. I can't see to replicate it very often and it was on FD.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Lol, if falco grabs you at 0 percent and does it perfectly, he can do it about 3 times before wario can DI out. If its not at 0, he cant even do it haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol, if falco grabs you at 0 percent and does it perfectly, he can do it about 3 times before wario can DI out. If its not at 0, he cant even do it haha.
Which DI Direction works best for escaping? Cause I know that sometimes I can escape with Up and towards Falco and other times just by using DI away from Falco.

Popertop

Smash Champion
yeah i noticed you can footstool him after a couple percents.
I think footstool works at lower percents if they try to switch directions too.

Top Bottom