• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avoiding shielding on AAA combo?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've been relying more on my Ftilt instead of my neutral A combo because it seems that my AAA often gets shielded before it completes. I don't hold down A through the combo, I press A 3 times... would this have anything to do with it? Looking for people who share my dilemma or have a solution to it.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
What you can do is just press A once for one jab and switch to using front tilts after the jab. It works most of the time.

That used to happen to me all the time until I realized that using one A jab and then the two front tilts was the way to go.

Be careful though, you could be punished for that too. But, it really breaks down the opponent's shield.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
jab -> grab them if you expect them to shield, then techchase.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Use full AAA combos off the edge or on platforms to push people into the 2nd or last hits. Otherwise, jab then grab/utilt/ftilt/dtilt.

Top Bottom