• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AwesomeNESS : A Ness Main Interview - ViceGrip

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Oh yeah. He told me what he plans on doing, but he doesn't feel like telling everyone else now, so I'll respect his wish and let him make an announcement or something when he feels like it.

I suggest interviewing someone else. And somebody better answer my math question. :)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Well...alright. I'll change it to xoxokev.

:( I miss Uffe...he was my first friend on these forums..

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Sorry dajay, but -3 =/= 1 and 0 =/= 1.... No solution...

Edit: ok xoxo...

What do you think of using psi Magnet and pkflash frequently?

Opinion: Sourspot nair or fair??

Bair or nair??

Kirby spamming nair?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Hmm. I wonder if I copied it from my math book wrong or if it was insolvable on purpose (some math problems have that "solution). I think it was the former. :/

Why do you use yellow Ness?

y=5-4x
2x-3y=13
x&y=?
(Double checked this one, it should be legit)

Edit: I checked my math book and I copied my first math question right, the answer was "no solution". The only hint xoxokev gets is that my second math problem has a solution. :3

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Sorry dajay, but -3 =/= 1 and 0 =/= 1.... No solution...

Edit: ok xoxo...

What do you think of using psi Magnet and pkflash frequently?

Opinion: Sourspot nair or fair??

Bair or nair??

Kirby spamming nair?
imo, psi magnet and pk flash are only good to use when they are spaced correctly. i often use psi magnet to stall in the air, if i need to, or to switch the direction i am facing while in midair. sometimes i am lucky enough to predict a charge shot at point blank range. and let's not forget about it's "wind" effect. as for pk flash, i often use it as an edgeguard almost as often as i use pkt or chase with nair. it usually scares the opponent and can be used to manipulate how they recover. and if i'm playing against a character who can absorb or reflect it, i try to bait them by canceling it on the ground or releasing it very early

imo, sourspot nair > fair

bair and nair are both good. but i think i would rather use nair because of its lingering hitbox

kirby spamming nair... bad idea

Hmm. I wonder if I copied it from my math book wrong or if it was insolvable on purpose (some math problems have that "solution). I think it was the former. :/

Why do you use yellow Ness?

y=5-4x
2x-3y=13
x&y=?
(Double checked this one, it should be legit)

Edit: I checked my math book and I copied my first math question right, the answer was "no solution". The only hint xoxokev gets is that my second math problem has a solution. :3
i use yellow ness because yellow is my favorite color.

x=2, y=-3
here's my work:

y=5-4x
2x-3y=13

2x-3(5-4x)=13
2x-(15-12x)=13
2x-15+12x=13
14x-15=13
14x=28
x=2

y=5-4(2)
y=5-8
y=-3

Prove that half of eight is three.
is that supposed to be directed at me? half of eight is three, because if you cut it vertically down the middle, the right side resembles a three... 8... 3...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
How did you do at the last tournament you attended, and what are your thoughts about attending future tournaments?

I noticed that the craftmanship and presentation of the videos XOXO and We Can Recover were both well done and carefully executed. What got you interested in videography/cinematography?

What are your opinions on Ness in doubles as compared to singles? Does he belong with a teammate or do you think he fares better solo?

Do you enjoy any other fighting games?

Do you think Ness is all around a better character than Bowser? (Random, yes. But I want to know what others think about this recently.)

Who would you consider your hero, if anyone?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
only thing that i struggle with is that i don't know calculus fully yet.... :(

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
... I use nair with Kirby whenever I'm falling and know I can get it out... Little landing lag on it and short knockback... I could see a few matchups where it's really useful...

Do you think ness is better offstage/on ledge or above stage?

What are the most reliable moves to combo from, in order from best to worst?

How often on a scale of 1-10 do you use each of ness' moves?

What, in your opinion is the best way to get back up off the ledge? (I feel ledge-dropping is too often used and predicted...)

can think of more questions...

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
I'm gunna say this to everyone 'cause im curious dammit.

Favorite Counter-pick stage?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
So what's the latest time you walked into a gang/drug/violence infested neighborhood?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
How did you do at the last tournament you attended, and what are your thoughts about attending future tournaments?

I noticed that the craftmanship and presentation of the videos XOXO and We Can Recover were both well done and carefully executed. What got you interested in videography/cinematography?

What are your opinions on Ness in doubles as compared to singles? Does he belong with a teammate or do you think he fares better solo?

Do you enjoy any other fighting games?

Do you think Ness is all around a better character than Bowser? (Random, yes. But I want to know what others think about this recently.)

Who would you consider your hero, if anyone?
the last tournament i went to, i advanced two rounds... then lost the next two. haha. i would attend more tourneys, but i don't like paying/driving more than 20 min :)

i only made those two videos because i was in my "combo video" phase. i'm glad you enjoyed them. i may release another one in the future... maybe...

i think ness does well in both doubles and singles. though i do believe that it's funner to play doubles... just make sure you have good chemistry with your partner. remember, it's about teamwork

i don't really play many other fighting games besides brawl...

imo, i think ness is all around better than bowser when it comes to playing against other characters... but when it comes to the bowser-ness matchup, i think bowser has the advantage

my hero... is anyone that loves what they do

How long and y have u mained Ness?
i've been maining ness for... 1 and a half years? because he's fun to use, and not many people can use him well

Where did you get your name?

also i think i've done some friendlies with you on AiB...didn't play your Ness though.
i just thought of it one day, and it stuck

what made you main ness? And have you ever played any of the mother games if so wich ones?
you're first question was already asked/answered :)

no, i've never played a mother game. haha

... I use nair with Kirby whenever I'm falling and know I can get it out... Little landing lag on it and short knockback... I could see a few matchups where it's really useful...

Do you think ness is better offstage/on ledge or above stage?

What are the most reliable moves to combo from, in order from best to worst?

How often on a scale of 1-10 do you use each of ness' moves?

What, in your opinion is the best way to get back up off the ledge? (I feel ledge-dropping is too often used and predicted...)

can think of more questions...
i think ness performs best when he is on stage, and low to the ground... unless you're using your double jumps to pressure your opponent

ness' most reliable combo move is utilt... imo. next is either nair or bair, at low percents of course

i try to use all of ness' moves equally, but i think the moves that i use the least are dsmash and ftilt

the best way to get back from the ledge depends on the situation. but most of the time i either just get up by tapping the control stick in the direction towards the stage, or ledge jump > nair

I'm gunna say this to everyone 'cause im curious dammit.

Favorite Counter-pick stage?
lylat cruise or pokemon stadium 1... more effective counter-picking depends on the opponent

So what's the latest time you walked into a gang/drug/violence infested neighborhood?
i'm too scared to do that... but if i had to, i think the latest i would go is 7 pm? idk

xoxokev

Smash Lord

xoxokev

Smash Lord

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it was asked, but in summary, how did you come up with your name?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm changing this before I go to a different user!

We now will be interviewing ... Man of Popsicle!

(when I get back in about a week I'll add all the questions to the front page)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
When did u start maining Ness?
Why did u start maining Ness?
Favorite move?
Ever play Mother games? If so, which? Beaten them? Rate them in favorite order.
Favorite Brawl PSI Move?
Favorite PSI move ever? (If u answred 2 questions up yes)
Least favorite move?
Least favorite Brawl PSI move?
Least favorite PSI move ever?
Do you agee with Ness' tier placement? If no, higher? Lower? Why?
Do you miss the sparkle noise?
Favorite matchup?
Least favorite matchup?
Hardest matchup?
Easiest matchup?
Favoite teammate?
Least favorite teammate?
Rate your Ness on a scale from 3-74 (37 being the highest)
An noticable accomplishments? (As in, tournament placement, rewards, Ness titles, etc.)
Favorite costume?
Least favorite costume?
Favorite Mother character?
Least favorite Mother character?
Favorite kill move?

Favorite Beatle?
Least favorite Beatle?
Shoe size?
Social securtiy number?
Current facebook status?

Favorite food?
Favorite thing?
Name him
Name her
Name your friend
Name another friend
Ok?

:lick:

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
When did u start maining Ness? The summer after brawl came out. Started with fox.
Why did u start maining Ness? Cause I remembered the time I was 6 playing smash 64 and thought that smash = smash and since I couldn't beat him in 64 he'd be really good.
Favorite move? Nair
Ever play Mother games? If so, which? Beaten them? Rate them in favorite order. Just 2. Very good RPG.
Favorite Brawl PSI Move? PK Thunder.
Favorite PSI move ever? (If u answred 2 questions up yes) Psi Rockin'
Least favorite move? Pummel, then Bat, then Magnet, then Dthrow.
Least favorite Brawl PSI move? Magnet Ughh.
Least favorite PSI move ever? Psi Barrier (insert alpha symbol)
Do you agee with Ness' tier placement? If no, higher? Lower? Why? I think he should be higher. He isn't that great, but has better tools than a character like Ike or Sonic.
Do you miss the sparkle noise? No.
Favorite matchup? Hmmm... DeDeDe, then Bowser, then Zelda, then Samus.
Least favorite matchup? Peach.
Hardest matchup? For me? Peach. For Ness? G&W is harder than Marth ugggh.
Easiest matchup?
Favoite teammate? Samus, Ness.
Least favorite teammate? Ike
Rate your Ness on a scale from 3-74 (37 being the highest) 3.
An noticable accomplishments? (As in, tournament placement, rewards, Ness titles, etc.) Hitting 133.7 feet on the homerun contest.
Favorite costume? Plain
Least favorite costume? Fuel
Favorite Mother character? King, then Porky.
Least favorite Mother character? Pokey
Favorite kill move? Bair

Favorite Beatle? Ringo
Least favorite Beatle? Cockroach :$
Shoe size? 11.5 (US)
Social securtiy number? 352-89-3678 (It's okay I have lifelock)
Current facebook status? I do not like them Sam I Am I do not like green eggs and ham.

Favorite food? steak Otter pops
Favorite thing? Sleeping
Name him Icy
Name her ffffffffffffff-ita
Name your friend Josh
Name another friend Mr. Bonkers
Ok? OKAY!!!

tl;dr ftilt is cool, use it more.
:lick:
10fffffffffffffffffff's

coolest

COOLEST thing