• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
code and sig not looking right. will fix this weekend and will post when it's better. pass out your flyers everyone!!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'll keep trying to pester L-Don about it.

If I somehow can make it and L-Don doesn't go, I'll need a teammate. I've gotten pretty good in doubles, but only from wifi. D:

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
i don't think i mentioned it yet but some of the venue fee will go towards helping Hurricane Irene victims. :]

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
Oh, put me down for a TV + Wii + Recording.
I want me some donuts. :D

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I can understand the restrictions, but some of them do seem quite foolish. But I'm up for playing on most stages, I guess. I just don't want any Flatzone, Big Blue, Peach's Castle, or the first Mushroom Kingdom stage (the one with all of the blocks). If you're going to RIT tonight, you'll have to explain to me in detail why you hate the stage list, though.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
I understand that as an old school player you had to practice MK2,Peach castle, etc etc, But I do think a more conservative stage list is best. Not only is this type of stage list being used by big name tournys, but we also held a vote last tourny and this stagelist was voted in.

just as a side note when I was just getting into smash I was pro-big stagelist. I used to practice Green Greens Corny brinstar( Even used this to beat cura in some mms I was so gay) but then as I got better my opinions changed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dannggggg

I forgot about peachs castle. That used to be my go to counterpick. I think I beat jesse in tournament on that stage one time.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Apparently, Brinstar is auto-win for Peach/Jiggs. Which I don't really understand. But whatever. I guess I still have Dreamland? (Which will probably get banned if I lose first game)

I'm thinking about entering teams for Melee, but I dunno if anyone wants to team with an okay Peach...

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
10-09-2011, 07:41 PM:

Emoticons!

Melee
Neutrals 1v1
:fdm: :yoshis: :dreamland: :battlefieldm: :fountain:

Counter Picks 1v1
:kongo64: :brinstar: :rainbowcruise: :ps1:

Neutrals 2v2
:fdm: :yoshis: :dreamland: :battlefieldm: :ps1:

Counter Picks 2v2
:kongo64: :brinstar: :rainbowcruise:
I was excited to see some new emoticons, so I put the melee stagelist in emoticon form. Now the stagelist is:

Melee
Neutrals 1v1
* Final Destination
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Counter Picks 1v1
* Kongo Jungle
* Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2
* Final Destination
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counter Picks 2v2
* Kongo Jungle

lol?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I said, "with an okay Peach." Of course spacies would team with a Peach (well, I guess). But an okay one?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Brinstar i feel is more playable for other characters but rc limits playability to lesser characters. Other characters are fairly good on brinstar.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Meh. After some discourse with KirbyKaze, I've come to the conclusion that spacies aren't bad on Brinstar. It's just that Peach and Puff exploit the stage more. It's not even really a bad stage for Fox (though he does have to play differently).

RC on the other hand, well...ew. It's not the fact that spacies auto-win there (cause I really don't think they do), it's just...I dunno. There aren't as many characters good on RC as there are on Brinstar.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What the hell happened to Mute City? Its almost been 4 years since I played Melee competitively but I always thought it was a standard cp.

*just notices floats is gone* well I'm fine with that lol!

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
If anyone is worried about food I personally have around 5 meal swipes that I'd be willing to give away. They would get you into Syracuse University dining hall. It's basically like a buffet with vegetarian needs as well. We may also be able to steal a reasonable amount of food when we're in there as well...there may be moral implications but you get the point. I am also willing to offer 1 bed, 1 couch and a floor, just bring some covers and a pillow. Our place only has one 32 in lcd tv and wii (in case you were wondering).

Question: Is donuts the only thing we get if we supply a wii w/ brawl and melee?

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is worried about food I personally have around 5 meal swipes that I'd be willing to give away. They would get you into Syracuse University dining hall. It's basically like a buffet with vegetarian needs as well. We may also be able to steal a reasonable amount of food when we're in there as well...there may be moral implications but you get the point.
Dibs on this please? (assuming I go)

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
If anyone is worried about food I personally have around 5 meal swipes that I'd be willing to give away. They would get you into Syracuse University dining hall. It's basically like a buffet with vegetarian needs as well. We may also be able to steal a reasonable amount of food when we're in there as well...there may be moral implications but you get the point. I am also willing to offer 1 bed, 1 couch and a floor, just bring some covers and a pillow. Our place only has one 32 in lcd tv and wii (in case you were wondering).

Question: Is donuts the only thing we get if we supply a wii w/ brawl and melee?
Seeing how things go, I call dibs on free food. Lol.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
And you guys call me greedy, david just save one for frannie so she can eat. Ladies first. And dont give vibe anything unless he pays gas.

Top Bottom