• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
And you guys call me greedy, david just save one for frannie so she can eat. Ladies first. And dont give vibe anything unless he pays gas.
What ever you say Matthew, you guys got us involved. This is my thanks :p

da K.I.D. - Yeah brah?

MCmaniacDBR - Food, housing or both?

VibeSlyph - Food if Matthew gives an okay.

And sure Frannie can have a meal swipe.

And just asking in general: Is anyone planning on coming on Friday? (Or is it assumed most peeps are?)

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody, I can also offer 3 or 4 guest swipes, and as Dai was saying you can take like three things out of the dining hall no problem, so if each person did that we could get a lot of free food for people.

Lol sure Cura one of us can definitely get Frannie She has priority since she set this whole thing up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If anyone is worried about food I personally have around 5 meal swipes that I'd be willing to give away. They would get you into Syracuse University dining hall. It's basically like a buffet with vegetarian needs as well. We may also be able to steal a reasonable amount of food when we're in there as well...there may be moral implications but you get the point. I am also willing to offer 1 bed, 1 couch and a floor, just bring some covers and a pillow. Our place only has one 32 in lcd tv and wii (in case you were wondering).

Question: Is donuts the only thing we get if we supply a wii w/ brawl and melee?
I think my car may take you up on all of this, Its going to be me, Pikapika, MOSS (McManiac), SuperMarioMan1, and Rob (RTF)

Id have to talk to SMM1s parents to see how they feel about him overnighting tho.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is worried about food I personally have around 5 meal swipes that I'd be willing to give away. They would get you into Syracuse University dining hall. It's basically like a buffet with vegetarian needs as well. We may also be able to steal a reasonable amount of food when we're in there as well...there may be moral implications but you get the point. I am also willing to offer 1 bed, 1 couch and a floor, just bring some covers and a pillow. Our place only has one 32 in lcd tv and wii (in case you were wondering).

Question: Is donuts the only thing we get if we supply a wii w/ brawl and melee?
I hope you're talking about Sadler. That place is awesome. Everyone should bring a container in anticipation. Thank you in advanced.

We have yet to determine what other things we can offer as incentives for Brawl. We can currently offer you the donuts (which you have plenty of access to, sorry!). There is also a better experience since there should be ample setups. I think you'll get friendlies with many of the top players in the region since you dictate who uses your setup. We are also very appreciative and perhaps could offer you spots in our cars if we (Syracuse, or otherwise) decide to travel out of Syracuse. We will not be playing on LCD's, mostly likely, unless they're lag free.

Also are you offering housing at Centennial? c: Just wondering since i know you have connections there.

edit: also if you could post up flyers around SU that would be great. I will be posting in some places but i have little knowledge about the SU campus and viable posting sites. Because the club hosting is an honor society exclusive to ESF, we are not recognized by SU and thus I can't really get the word out in the same venues that most other clubs that ARE recognized by SU can. I can even give you the flyers themselves. I just need them posted on campus. Thanks in advanced.

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
Uh... The whole part about not playing on LCD's unless they are lag free. The TV (or rather, repurposed PC monitor) I have is an LCD, it's reported to have 5ms response time (5/1000 second). I've played on it and can't find any problems. I don't notice a delay of any sort, but if you want me to bring the setup somewhere for evaluation beforehand, let me know. I'd be happy to.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
I think my car may take you up on all of this, Its going to be me, Pikapika, MOSS (McManiac), SuperMarioMan1, and Rob (RTF)

Id have to talk to SMM1s parents to see how they feel about him overnighting tho.
Alright yeah I can house/dorm you all (5 people is probably the most we can offer). I only need to ask one more roommate if he's okay with it. He already said yes when I mentioned around 3 people. Two more is pushing it but he's cool. I'm sure he'll say yes.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: You all need a photo I.D. to be able to enter the building. A driver's license is ideal. We don't know for certain if other school I.D.s are ok (I'm saying yes, Dan aka H0LEintheW0RLD is saying maybe) but like I said some form of photo I.D. is required.

DON'T MAKE A MESS, RECYCLE **** (Dan's thing), BRING BLANKETS + PILLOWS (if you want them), NO DRUGS IN ROOM, RESPECT OUR ****. In short, don't get us in trouble and keep our place from becoming a trash bin and please please be hygienic.

Also we expect to be playing you guys a lot. That is the only form of payment we will demand from you. :p

We live in Watson Hall 405 University Place Syracuse, NY 13210. It's a 7 minute walk to the venue, close to places you can eat out late and there's a dinning hall next to us. The only bed we have free can probably only fit one person, and the couch one person. The floor is carpeted but I recommend you bring your own stuff. You can also shower, we share a couple of showers with our entire floor. Just bring your stuff.

This is all in case you will stay over, I've not yet heard a confirmation. If not then anyone else is welcome to stay over

I hope you're talking about Sadler. That place is awesome. Everyone should bring a container in anticipation. Thank you in advanced.

We have yet to determine what other things we can offer as incentives for Brawl. We can currently offer you the donuts (which you have plenty of access to, sorry!). There is also a better experience since there should be ample setups. I think you'll get friendlies with many of the top players in the region since you dictate who uses your setup. We are also very appreciative and perhaps could offer you spots in our cars if we (Syracuse, or otherwise) decide to travel out of Syracuse. We will not be playing on LCD's, mostly likely, unless they're lag free.

Also are you offering housing at Centennial? c: Just wondering since i know you have connections there.

edit: also if you could post up flyers around SU that would be great. I will be posting in some places but i have little knowledge about the SU campus and viable posting sites. Because the club hosting is an honor society exclusive to ESF, we are not recognized by SU and thus I can't really get the word out in the same venues that most other clubs that ARE recognized by SU can. I can even give you the flyers themselves. I just need them posted on campus. Thanks in advanced.
$1-$2 off 1 entry fee? I'd be cool if it was just that otherwise free donuts is cool. And yeah, sorry we don't have a CRT TV although I did see a 26in for 30 dollars....

We live in Watson Dan's gf lives in Centennial... she'd kill us if we offered her place up. In short, no.

We could post fliers up for you, we know the campus. We could also spread the word verbally. I believe we have around 3 people already interested in attending and we know a couple of other guys who love smash. I'm pretty sure once we put the posters up there would be a bigger attendance.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If everyone in Pyro's car has a TV, plus the one or two that he'll have, that'll be at least 4 TVs, and cubes. Which is pretty awesome.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
On the food note 1 swipe does not equal 1 person,
We're gonna try to accommodate as many people as possible.
We're trying to coordinate something with Cura/Matthew
To get most people satisfied with priority given to those who
are traveling farther since they are paying more to get here. (gas money)

We only get an x amount of guest swipes per semester so we're only
giving away so many, this is a gift.
(It's not limited to 5)
I hope you guys appreciate it.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Wow these new posters are awesome! First few posts on the boards are about giving free food and board to random hobo smashers hahaha

but for real I may want to join the ranks if there's extra food left. Do you guys play melee or brawl? I'd love to play you in both, but unfortunately I'm only competent at melee

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Dai Luna please text me (number is in first post/under tournament organizers) so i can coordinate where/when to meet you to give flyers.

thanks in advanced!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Okay yeah that's what I originally thought, so it sounds like maybe there's still question as to whether or not you'll all be spending the night. Keep us updated on what your plans are.
will do.
Wow these new posters are awesome! First few posts on the boards are about giving free food and board to random hobo smashers hahaha

but for real I may want to join the ranks if there's extra food left. Do you guys play melee or brawl? I'd love to play you in both, but unfortunately I'm only competent at melee
You play brawl?

also, melee money match? I just watched armadas young link vs hungrybox. my body is ready for any amount of gay you can throw at me.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Meek we'll be happy to house and pick you up if needed and stuff :]

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
If I don't make this, I'm going to feel miserable.

I guess my only concern if I'd be there would be that everything would end on schedule, and that I wouldn't be eliminated later than 10. The one thing I don't like about tourneys is that they always drag out to be so late. :l

Other than that, I love everything. <33333

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You aint gonna do anything Pat

spamus: if neil can't make it. Bring goggles SMM1 and moss (if hes still going)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
"Even the Syracuse tournament, where the gamers came unshaven, disheveled and dressed in pajamas and sandals"

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
haahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahaha

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
"Even the Syracuse tournament, where the gamers came unshaven, disheveled and dressed in pajamas and sandals"

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
haahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahaha
I blame beta for that. I come to events dressed to the nines

Also lol@ sharky calling neils bs. Trust me matt and frannie, weve... Missed you soooooo much, theres no way either of us will miss this. Theres so much for us all to talk about and catch up on ;)

:phone:

Top Bottom