• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"AZ Foggle of Fun" Tournament (BRAWL-AUG 29th/Melee AUG 30th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow, a huge tourney at my house and I'm not even gonna be there!

This sounds awesome, though. I wish I could make it :-(

Jar'd

Smash Ace
He's got a decent sized place. And if a ton of people do show interest, we can always upgrade the venue.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Jard, I'll be in Seattle, first hanging out with my older brother, and then going to PAX. Fun times, but probably even funner if I weren't missing this :-)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Jard, I'll be in Seattle, first hanging out with my older brother, and then going to PAX. Fun times, but probably even funner if I weren't missing this :-)
Oh ****, Pax sounds legit. Bring back something cool. :p

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you have to force venue fee to $5, I wouldn't mind that as long as singles entry is $10 instead of 8 =P

Also, I'd like to repeat, would anyone be down for MMs???

I hope El Paso comes, they're too ****ing cool :) They are definitely a group that made me more open to traveling out of state. You guys are gonna love them ;D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Don't expect anyone from SV. The only people who might show up from tucson would be sean, kyle, tommy, myself, and nick. I'm not sure about Jackie.

If you run melee at the same time, expect like all of az, lol.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Chris you should have someone else help run the tourney if it gets any bigger. Someone seperate should do melee. and Then someone for BlazBlue if you are doing that!
I'll try to get some people to come, and I might be bringing a few people as well with me (Friends from my old school). I'll try to get more people to bring wii's and stuff. I might be able to bring a TV too but I can't carry it =[ XD Sigh soo heavy

As for Venue's I wish I knew a good one. All I can tell you is it will cost alot most likely.

bring it and ill carry it. as for melee, there is a high chance ill do it on sunday (maybe on saturday) since many people said they would go. Ill have Justin and someone he chooses do melee. and im not having a blazblue tournament but i might have a setup (i will for sure if timotee comes)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Well I'll try then :p. It's pretty big! >.< Idk how you will carry it. Idk if there will be room in the car for it D; How many setups do you think we will need for brawl + melee? I think you should just do Singles one day for both brawl/melee, and then Doubles for the next Then find room for Crews. But one day might be more convenient for some people who live in Tucson or out of state who just want to come for either brawl or melee.
I'm gonna get more plushies for prizes though when I get back to AZ =3. I might purchase melee to put with the Gamecube.

no brawl singles and doubles is saturday cause that has priority, and ill probably change the start time of the tournament to 12 to give extra time for crews and low tier. and dont buy melee safara, youve done enough :)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Well on Sunday you could put up brawl setups for friendlies and stuff =3 Cause I will be bored that day since I don't play melee. :p And for the brawl day you could do the same with melee. I don't think it'd take all day to do singles and doubles! BUT I think I can bring 3 wii's though. and possibly 2 tv's, not sure how much that would help out.
And melee isn't expensive it's like 15~20 lol. I'll look at the Gamestop here in Missouri to see today :3

omfg tee ay youre so awesome!!!! I called them and they said they have nothing scheduled on the 29th, lets make this a regional tournament!!! can someone tell me who was in charge during az12 step?

aw ****. i just got all the information, and it would cost like 700 for 10 hours. and it has to be paid 2 weeks prior of the event. and you have to have insurance or something and i dont think im old enough to rent it.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
holy crap, something brawl related is happening again in AZ.
Who wants to give me a ride? I'll give you gas money.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
hmmmz.... well im most def interested in this. people in nm are super cool and nice here. i sure do hope that they come, and hope dekar can show me some diddy moves XD. put me down for 1 tv and wii setup. no venue fee, yay. lol

ill keep my eye open for a bigger place we can set this up at.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
For Melee, you should probably have Tai run it (assuming he comes) so he can seed everything well and what not.

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
how is ps1 a neutral? wall infinites, metaknight planking, HUGE boundries...

also, anyone need a doubles partner? i might be able to make it to doubles if i can convince my parents to let me out of my stuff early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom