• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Az Presents The West Coast Championships!!!

Should this tournament have a doubles tourney or crews?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Crews

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Az Presents The WestCoast Championships!!!

Come down to Tucson,Az and check out the scenary while your at it. You will get to play In the Arizonan State and experience the Beauitful Dry Desert :)

When: August 4th 2007

Where: Tucson, Az.. TCC Arena, Tucson Convention Center... i will let you all know ASAP what room it will be held in, I am working on that as we speak. Address and all that will be addressed as soon as i know more info, But here is the venue you ladies and gentlemen.

Entrance Fee: $25 Singles includes venue fee, $20 doubles
If you choose to do doubles only and not singles, it will still be $25

Money: I am throwing $100 dollars out of my own pocket to 1st place for singles only.

Doors Open: 8am-Midnight...16 hours of SMASH!!!!

Tourney Start: 10:30am SHARP!!!!!

1st place- 65% of prize + 100 dollars :)+Trophy
2nd place- 25% of prize+Plaque
3rd place- 10% of prize+Plaque

If 120 People show up and enter that is $2400 in the pot - This is my goal.

Advertisment: Everyone let me know if you would like to get a T-shirt for this event done, If so i will get designer to get on top of this so we can have some good looking t-shirts :), Price range will be decent for a shirt..

Rules: 4 stock, 8min time limit.

Random stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD.

Counter pick stages: None

Each person may choose to strike a stage from random select, but it will not be banned from the entire set.

Loser chooses stage from the 6 random stages. Winner can then change character, Loser may then change character.

You may pick the same stage in a set if you lost on the stage. You may not play on the stage that you won on unless the opponent aggrees.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber
freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes
it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are
allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using
them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as
droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

More Info: These are the given rules as of right now, they may be subject to change, I will have a poll to decide if you would like this set of rules or rules that allow the counter pick stages.

Big Names coming so far:
KoreanDJ(Maybe)(Newton, MA)
Vidjogamer(Maybe)
Forward(Phoenix, Az)
Taj
Tink
Wobbles
DSF
Edreese(San Diego, CA)
Azeem
Zarelid(Tucson,Az)
HuGs(Canoga Park, CA)
Rob Money$(Maybe)
Caveman(Maybe)

Names of Ppl who are planning to come:
TemplarPsi(Tucson, Az)
Hylian(Austin, TX)(Maybe)
Butters(Prescott Valley, Az)
ChaosTheory(Phoenix, Az)
GamerGuitarist7(Tucson, Az)
Goop(Phoenix, Az)
B-Will(Tucson, Az)
MaxxPower(Glendale, Az)
Vat-O(Glendale, Az)
Dark(Tempe, Az)
Light(Tempe, Az)
AltF4warrior(Phoenix, Az)
Return_to_sender(Tucson, Az)
Mr.Jaskolski(Sierra Vista, Az)
Duha(Durango, Colorado)
AXE 09 (Sierra Vista, Az)
Shashin(Mesa, Az)
Azenith(Tucson, Az)
Delphiki(NorCal)(Maybe)
Da N(California)(Maybe)
Rhyno 86(California)(Maybe)
JesusFreak(Austin, TX)(Maybe)
Oakie(Phoenix,Az)
CoreyGames(Tempe, Az)(Maybe)

Tvs:
GamerGuitarist7
ChaosTheory
Goop
AltF4Warrior

Cubes:
GamerGuitarist7
ChaosTheory
Goop
AltF4Warrior

Important INFO: Depending on the amount of people who show there support and want to attend to this, i will most likely change the Pot range from 1-5th place. My goal is to get at least 120 ppl to this event or more. Also i will have a poll to see if u would like crews to be done, if thats the case this tourney may be a 2 day event.

Also i will get hotel information for those who will be staying at the resort, The venue will be at a very nice resort that much is certain.

Staff: I will also need at least 7 to 8 people to help run the tournment as well, i do not have a million arms to multitask :), i have also decided to make a list of what each person will be incharge of.

Staff Listing:
Advertising- Mike, Ryan
Recording-AltF4warrior

MONEY MATCH LIST:

TemplarPsi($5)vsTink($5)
TemplarPsi($5)vsKDJ($5)
TemplarPsi($5)vsHuGs($5)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
count me in templar. too much good **** going down in AZ lately. we need to keep ourselves up there even though we lost forward and wobbles. good to see they're coming though.

so yeah count me in 1 tv 1 cube too.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, sweet, two days before my birthday. I'm sure I'll be able to make it. Along with my TV and cube. If you need anything to be taken care of, I'd be willing too. (Such as videography :))

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you can count the STB in for this one, Robbie. We just can't stay away from you. It'll be two weeks before college starts, so that will help me relax. Also, crews will be an extremely good idea. Extremely good.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Where: Tucson, Az.. TCC Arena, Tucson Convention Center... i will let you all know ASAP what room it will be held in, I am working on that as we speak. Address and all that will be addressed as soon as i know more info, But here is the venue you ladies and gentlemen.

Made a few corrections. These things are sausagefests, son. J/K girls--I love you.

Also, can I be in charge of pimping? You know it ain't easy.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
stfu lol, I'm busy getting a real staff put together :), Gmo i need your number so i can let u know whats going on and stuff.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Duha This event is a must come dude, its gonna be a huge *** tourney man, biggest one next to evo, soo try to come :D

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
This will be a grand tourney with a lot of talent. The Sex Train Banditos will be training all summer for this one, so look out!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Since whoever didn't want to answer my q in the other thread ...

c/p from other thread

If you hope that this is the biggest WC event of the year, how many people are you hoping for? (n/m I see question answered)

By August, I'll already be in SoCal, so I want to know what's the expected attendance so I can possibly make arrangements. And I say possibly because it's three weeks before Evo finals, and people are probably going to save money for that.
To add to that, if we're talking about biggest events in the West Coast this year, then you better top 200 because if we're talking over/under on Evo LA, which is only a QUALIFYING tournament, then I'm going over. No telling how many people are going to Evo finals.

I hope you get as many people as possible, that'll give me more reason to head there and cover the event for getyourtournament.com

--GCII

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
hey the game whats ur aim, my aim is eriterian4life on aim, msg me theere so we can talk some more.

By THE WAY THIS IS TEMPALRPSI, I JUST POSTED UNDER MY FRIENDS ACCOUNT by accident.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oh, **** son, I'll be rooting for ya all the way from the Southern Hemisphere :):):)

Tink

Smash Hero
ima def. try to go to this!!!! sounds amazing.

who needs a partner if i go? and also, MMs?

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
Hey, sweet, two days before my birthday. I'm sure I'll be able to make it. Along with my TV and cube. If you need anything to be taken care of, I'd be willing too. (Such as videography :))
Do you think we're going to bring my tv again too?

Manny's coming?! Yeah! Hmm. Do you think you're going to ride over there with us Manny? If we give Hanki and Butters a ride again we may not have room for my tv.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Forward on his brother's screen name

Tinksta BA-BY you comin here just for me!? ^.^ Too good it would be tight to see you here.

Korean Disc Jocky you comin maybe too!?!? Wooowww never thought so much talent would come to AZ at once!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Crews are a way of playing a large group of people against another large group. (Say 6v6 or so) Each team is a crew, like you guys would make a Sierra Vista crew. The top player from each team plays in a 1v1.

The winner then plays the 2nd best of the other team using only the number of stocks he had left from the last match. Then the winner of that match plays the next in line using only what stocks he had left at the end of the match, etc... Until one team has no more players.

Top Bottom