• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Az Presents The West Coast Championships!!!

Should this tournament have a doubles tourney or crews?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Crews

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I would like to come to this and I will tell more of Texas about it. This seems like a worthy end of summer tourney after *pound*2 and FC10. I had wanted to make it to 3 tourneys in the 3 other regions of the US and if I make it to this I will have fulfilled my goal. Put me down as a maybe. :grin:

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Hopfully History doesn't repeat itself, huh, huh?...... Nothing?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hoo Hah for two times Tuesday!

There's something for you, Vato. Forward does sound dangerous in crews, though.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
I'd really rather have doubles than crew battles. Many people won't be able to participate in the crew battles where just about everyone can play doubles.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
i agree with zenith, if you're looking to get the most money ouf of it for the pot or what not, more people would be able to join doubles rather than crews. even though crews sounds like i'td be more fun.

but...im just throwing this out there, just a suggestion, if you dont like it you can send it right back. it seems that the (my) reason for leaning towards doubles rather than crews is because of the uncertainty of whether or not they can get a crew together...soo maybe do like a crew recruit or something like that, you can have all the crews thus far on the first post of this, and then if a crew is a man or two short, someone attending this tourney can see and PM the persons from the crew and ask to be in it. this way there's less uncertainty about being able to get a crew together or what not.

idk did that make sense at all? haha. cause i think crews would be more fun but idk if i would partciipate in it. if there was something like this, it would be easier to form crews, and i'd def be down for it.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
I agree with B-Will in that we do doubles all the time. And either way, there's a really high chance of Sean and Tony taking the win either way...this way, they could win in a new way. :-p hah, but still, crews would be really fun to watch/participate in.

But for those without crews, like myself, you could always show up early and just start yelling out "Who doesn't have a crew???" and then team up with those who also don't have crews or need members.

Or when registering we could have people that don't have crews put into a group. Then at the end of registration, decide crews then.

Just spouting out ideas. I'll be saving up time off to go to this thing, still haven't requested it off yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

<3

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
you guys are forgetting something, hugs and possibly KDJ and stuff, soo i wouldnt start saying they when all of a sudden :D

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Uh, Robbie?

You still haven't listed me as Official Pimp in the staff listing. Every tourney needs a pimp, and I can do that for you.

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps we're also too "nice". Huh G-mo. Yeah....we're too "nice". We're way too "nice".

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Sean, you're a stud. Your rhymes is tight.

Traffic, Traffic
Looking for my chapstick
feelin kind of carsick
there's a Ford Maverick...

Robbie, if you'll need some help running this thing, you know you can count on me. But you GOTS to make me PIMP!

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Lol this tourney is gonna be too good :), Im looking for a cheaper VENUE, but for now this will be the venue until Further NOTICE :D

EVERYONE START SHOWING SOME SUPPORT PLZ, AND SPREAD THE WORD, if you guys want this tourney to happen, i also need ppl to bring cubes and tv's plz.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
When you think of rhyme,
one name comes to mind,
eskimos, blue and pink,
better than you would think,
the moment we hit start you know your ship's gonna sink,
Wobbles up in the game,
this **** won't be the same,
the ladies know me by my **** and the men by my name
Two of a kind, are you blind? Let's catch this **** on tape,
'cause when I feel so inclined, you gotta suffer the ****,
there's no escape.
I rise so ****ing high that I bust through the roof,
just ask the Phoenix for a game and I'll show you the proof.
If you think you can take me, then find your balls and just say it,
'cause there's only one way to know *****, and the way is to play it.

Yeah. It's done.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Robbie, you know the STB will bring a cube. Put us down for a "maybe" on the TV.

We could also advertise more, however, school ends in two weeks or so, and most of the people we have to advertise it to are scrubs. I could also advertise this to other schools in the area.

Oscar, we (you) should make a sig advertising WCC. That would be grand and another chance to work your magic.

Robbie, I won't stop bugging you until you make me official pimp.

Edit: Wobbles has a way with rhymes, and *****es.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
No need for Srys, not your fault at all :), Besides people need to make a effort to let others know and stuff, and get ppl to come to this, I seroiulsy am considering not doing this tourney if i dont get my 100 ppl and above :)

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Vato i need to discuss things with u concerning making banners and such for this event. Call my Cell when u get a chance..............520-870-4899

REMINDER TO EVERYONE, LETS GET SOME MORE PPL FOR THIS EVENT SHALL WE?

I urge everyone too get as many ppl as possible tell your friends neighbor anyone.

Remember 100 People is the goal for this tournement to happen. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a huge *** convention center for only like 40 ppl or 50. Soo lets get to wok everyone :)

Return_to_Sender

Smash Cadet
Yeah i'm trying to convince a couple of my friends to come to this. they still don't use adv techs but i'll see if i can teach them a bit before hand

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol smashapolooza, that's an awesome word. but don't worry! i like IC's, but i don't think they'll ever replace my pika. they're more of a fun character instead of serious for me. i think Wobbles should keep his IC's, they're AWESOME

Top Bottom