• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Az Presents The West Coast Championships!!!

Should this tournament have a doubles tourney or crews?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Crews

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet
Hey. I'm new to the boards and I guess sort of new to Smash? I've been playing since about September and a few AZ people know me from before (Brandon and Cory). Since I live in Tucson anyways I'll probably attend.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Me, or someone else named Cory (If me, it's Corey.)? I get the feeing I don't know you, but just in case...

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I may go to this depends on what is happening. I am probably going to bring a few friends along. Do we really need a lot of people cause I could try to bring some more people, but they don't know how to do advanced tactics properly. In the first post on this topic it mentions shirts, I think we should have some.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
We should have shirts. Everyone should wear clothing to this thing. I will be wearing my pimp hat and pimp cane. This is due to Robbie making me pimp soon.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If someone will say they can give me a ride (CT and others >_>), the you could take that "Maybe" away from my name.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
We should have shirts. Everyone should wear clothing to this thing. I will be wearing my pimp hat and pimp cane. This is due to Robbie making me pimp soon.
That was the funniest thing I have read all day. What I mean is that they should make shirts with the WCC logo. Anyways have you become official Pimp yet? I need some connections.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That was the funniest thing I have read all day. What I mean is that they should make shirts with the WCC logo. Anyways have you become official Pimp yet? I need some connections.
*looks at Robbie* NOOOO!!!! I haven't been named official pimp yet! You'll have to do it eventually, son. I WILL haunt your dreams.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Some of the people I know are concerned that since we only have 4 T.V.s and 4 Cubes there will not be that much play time. So is there any way we can get more? I can't bring any of my stuff.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some of the people I know are concerned that since we only have 4 T.V.s and 4 Cubes there will not be that much play time. So is there any way we can get more? I can't bring any of my stuff.
lol...this tourney isn't happening till August. It barely hit June today. Give it time; we will have over 15 tvs and cubes for this easily.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah mr. j i'll play you this time. SV should come to tucson just to hang out and play before this thing though. that'd be good.

and for the record, i ate pizza today Axe :D

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
"Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are
allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using
them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as
droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match."

-TemplarPSI

What? you can use those those moves to recover and manuver why wouldnt you be able to use them???

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, like say your winning a match and then you got like 2 minutes to go or something, peach could drop down to some levels and just do wallbombing the last 2 minutes and wait for the time to run out to win the match. thats definite stalling

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Although it is a very creative way to win a match, it is stalling, which is a no no.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Since when has wobblin been banned in Az.....If wobbling is banned cuz its too good, then I say all of top tier has to be banned as well...

That is all.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Since when has wobblin been banned in Az.....If wobbling is banned cuz its too good, then I say all of top tier has to be banned as well...

That is all.
It says in the West Coast Champion Chip rules that you can't wobble for more than 2 seconds or you get "punished".

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the concept of wobbling, but I guess it does take a sense of Coordination. I personally don't like it. If you do do it, I say only once or else ban that move.

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
true...I wonder what people will choose...no offense butters, you my boy!

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's "My crew and I", have some mannars and correct english. Speaking of that though, what crew and who are you?

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
idk about shirts...u guys should make buttons instead!

especially some that say..."AZ for president!"

no but really buttons would be awesome

Top Bottom