• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Azen, Chu Dat, Mew2King, PC Chris, and Mango- Pro Roundtable Interview (by JV_)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
First off, join allisbrawl.com!!!!
It's a large and advanced Super Smash Bros site which is mainly used for skilled players to show off their tournament accomplishments!

Here's Cort's profile as an example: http://www.allisbrawl.com/profile.aspx?id=29
Tournaments he has attended, his placings and accomplishments, his friends and interests, etc. are all avaliable. Join now!
----------------------------

Ok, now here's the topic

http://www.allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=12
^^^^^^^^^^^
original source

All is Brawl Pro Roundtable Interview
by JV_ (from allisbrawl.com) Today, 6:13 PM

JV_: Now you guys all spent crazy amounts of time playing Super Smash, practicing, talking to people about the game, traveling the country for tournaments, and made a lot of friends a long the way (and in the case of PC a girlfriend haha)…. Its been a big part of your life. Looking back at your Melee history what are some of your favorite moments?Chudat: my favorite moment would be the start of my career, which would be tg6
Azen: my favorite moments are H2YL smashfests
Mango: my favorite moment is watching rollout, then i play puff ^_^
Mew2King: i just like going to chu biweeklies and destroying
Mew2King: i also like long combos and quick kills
Mango: i like resting peopel for the win =D
PC Chris: yeah my favorites experiences were def traveling around to all the tournaments. my favorites being oc2 and mlg anahiem

JV_: Cool… Lets look forward now. Brawl's US release is just around the corner and the game is already out in Japan. I think a big question everyone has is do you guys all plan on continuing your smash careers on to brawl?
Mew2King: yes
Chudat: i would definately continue my career into brawl
Azen: yea i love brawl, new stuff to learn
PC Chris: Yeah its defintely refreshing, i was getting slightly bored of melee. Even though melee imo will always be the best game i plan to continue playing brawl.

JV_: Alright, so word on the street is you all have played Brawl. Some of you have access to the game and some of you just some matches here and there. What are you most excited about with brawl and the competitive scene?
Chudat: finding the depth of the game, and understanding its physics so that i can take what i know already about melee, and turn it into my fighting abilities in brawl
PC Chris: i've only played about 5 mathes or so but even though i don't have as much experience as everyone else in this room im pretty sure its way to early to judge brawl.
Azen: i think it'll be more competitive since there's wifi mode.
PC Chris: new techniques will be discovered in time just like in melee.
Azen: and more people will get more interested in competition through it

JV_: Now I know it's really early but you guys are pretty much the best there was in Melee, so if anyone should be able to make some good judgments it should be you guys. Any thoughts on some of the best characters in brawl so far?
Mew2King: Marth… by far
Mango: marth
Mew2King: DeDeDe is up there too
PC Chris: Marth/pit/falco/kirby all seemed good imo.
Azen: i dunno, whatever m2k says since he's already studying the game 24/7
Mew2King: LMFAO NO I HAVENT
Mew2King: ya pit is very good, hes probably high tier
Chudat: metaknight. i vote him, metaknights move come out extremely fast, and is open for unlimited combos
Mew2King: oh ya TOON LINK is also high tier, maybe diddy too. they felt relaly good when i used them

JV_: Alright so I got Marth, Pit, Metaknight, Toon Link, Kirby, and Dedede for some of the best (and Azen says whatever m2k says...). What about the worst?
Mango: FALCON! FALCON! HE SUCKS!
Azen: ): yea they made falcon soo bad
Mango: i no, its really sad

JV_: Alright, let's talk about rivals… anyone you see being rivals with (maybe even in this room… afterall we already decided its mango vs m2k in a cage wrestling match. And PC vs Chu on who gets to model for MLG)?
Mew2King: LMFAO!
Mango: i can model!!!
PC Chris: i'll always be m2k's rival
Mew2King: ya pcs like my rival
Mew2King: kdj was my rival, since he quit tho its been pc only. but hes also like my friend so i dont mind losing to him
Mango: East coast is my rival starting now
PC Chris: EC vs Wc rivalrly will exist but it'll be just like melee
PC Chris: where we dominate them
Azen: LMAO
Chudat: i don't have a doubt that a lot of randoms will come out from underground

JV_: Alright the last thing I want to ask you guys about is an important one. What are some things you would recommend those people that wanna play Brawl at a high level? What advice can you give to upcoming players?
Chudat: to those that have wifi acess, will have a major advantage
Mango: i say just ignore people and pick a cheap character
Mango: dont be like gimpy and play a low tier character
PC Chirs: Yeah in melee the people who were good usually had someone their skill level around them to train. so wifi will help a lot.
Azen: play with friends, best way to get good
Chudat: i agree with azen

JV_: Alright, thanks guys. I have a feeling I will be seeing you guys at the top of some of the brawl tournament results here at All is Brawl.

*end of article*
-------------

I hope people notice the sarcasm behind CFalcon being the worst. Also, they definitely didn't list all of the characters they thought were good. For example, Mew2King also thinks Falco, Zelda, G&W, Olimar, Wolf, DDD, Ike, etc. are some great characters.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I was suprised that Mew2King didn't seem overwhelmingly negative.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
When you asked them who the worst character was Mango spelt Falco wrong! Big mistake since it made it seem like he (She?) think Falcon is bad. We all know Falcon is top tier.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
When you asked them who the worst character was Mango spelt Falco wrong! Big mistake since it made it seem like he (She?) think Falcon is bad. We all know Falcon is top tier.
Mango is a guy.

I don't think a girl would every win one of the largest competitive tournaments in smash history (Pound 3) lol...

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
"Chudat: i don't have a doubt that a lot of randoms will come out from underground"

correct.
the now pros have no clue how many extremely talented smashers there are. I have played everyday since 64's start and never been to a tourny, though me and my teammate are going to wreck the 2v2 circuits and i hope to play tons of gamebattle games.

M.K

Level 55
Ken IS NOT a girl *rolls seeing-spheres*

And I didn't find this roundtable very...exciting, or interesting!

Miharu

Smash Hero
"Chudat: i don't have a doubt that a lot of randoms will come out from underground"

correct.
the now pros have no clue how many extremely talented smashers there are. I have played everyday since 64's start and never been to a tourny, though me and my teammate are going to wreck the 2v2 circuits and i hope to play tons of gamebattle games.
Except you just used Chudat as a reference. Good ****.

Umm The Hobo

Smash Cadet
"Mango: i say just ignore people and pick a cheap character
Mango: dont be like gimpy and play a low tier character"

Extremely LulWorthy statement.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
lol, I'm not really impressed by what they had to say, they do not seem to really know what they are talking about. I played brawl intensively for the past month, and I can say their impressions on the characters are pretty much bull****.

Marth is not the best by far, am not even sure he is the best character. They ommitted to mention olimar and game and watch as REALLY good characters, and thrust me, captain falcon is not the worst. I'm not even sure this game has a character we could consider the worst, the game just seems too balanced.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Vey interesting.Well I agree with PC Chris alot...
Its safe to say that PC Chris is my "smash idol" XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, I'm not really impressed by what they had to say, they do not seem to really know what they are talking about. I played brawl intensively for the past month, and I can say their impressions on the characters are pretty much bull****.
Intensively you say? xD
Marth is not the best by far, am not even sure he is the best character. They ommitted to mention olimar and game and watch as REALLY good characters, and thrust me, captain falcon is not the worst. I'm not even sure this game has a character we could consider the worst, the game just seems too balanced.
Actually, M2K stated in his on thread about tiers that Olimar is extremely good, and so is G&W.
Also, Falcon being the worst was a joke if you didn't notice. They simply don't like how he was nerfed, that's all.

I can't wait to **** people like you online.
Anyways, think harder before you post next time.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
They are absolutely correct about the WiFi aspect. It will completely change the face of competition.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
They are absolutely correct about the WiFi aspect. It will completely change the face of competition.
Indeed... Hopefully people won't misinterpret this as online tournaments replacing real life ones, but rather creating a larger player base that may be interested in real life tournaments, and an easy way to practice.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
Intensively you say? xD

Actually, M2K stated in his on thread about tiers that Olimar is extremely good, and so is G&W.
Also, Falcon being the worst was a joke if you didn't notice. They simply don't like how he was nerfed, that's all.

I can't wait to **** people like you online.
Anyways, think harder before you post next time.
Well, you said it, he mentionned it on his own thread, not on this interview, wich was exactly the point I was trying to make.

And how am I supposed to know that he has said that on his own thread anyway? Not everyone here lurks on this forum day and night, some people are more busy, hm let's say, playing brawl?

And why are you so eager to **** people like me online? what kind of person do I look like to you? Your response is aggressive and insulting for no reason.

Who gives a **** about what PC Chris has to say about the game anyway? he said it himself, he played about five games. What does he know about the game? It's not that I disrespect him in any way, but he is not a reference when it comes to brawl.
M2K is much more of a reference, but as always, he just seems biaised toward Marth XD

ThaCarter

Smash Rookie

correct.
Yeah I agree

I wreck every local tournament down here,but they really aren't recorded(to my knowledge) by anyone.So therefore i'm not really in the limelight like these guys.Me and possibly thousands of others.

I was hoping to possibly get some cables to connect my tv to computer and start uploading some videos of me playing brawl.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
and thrust me
I'd rather not.

Heroic said:
I'm not even sure this game has a character we could consider the worst, the game just seems too balanced.
You're a complete idiot. There has to be a worst character, by definition. If there isn't a worst character then there are two characters that are tied for worst.

Please stop sniffing glue, it rots your brain.

Thanks.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
FALCON! FALCON! HE SUCKS!

Lol that got me laughing.
I feel sad for him. =[

Hopefully someone will unlock his true potential. >=P

Heroic

Smash Cadet
I'd rather not.

You're a complete idiot. There has to be a worst character, by definition. If there isn't a worst character then there are two characters that are tied for worst.

Please stop sniffing glue, it rots your brain.

Thanks.
And if there were 25 characters tied for "the worst"? could you really say there is a worst character?

I shouldn't even reply to such an idiotic remark

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
And if there were 25 characters tied for "the worst"? could you really say there is a worst character?

I shouldn't even reply to such an idiotic remark
That would only be possible if every character was identical.

Which they arnt

goodkid

Smash Lord
I bet Falcon won't be that bad. We still have a lot of time to find the metagame for each character, and it has only been scratched at.

Top Bottom