• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T | 7-9 January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
1. Armada
2. Amsah
3. Ice
4. Pasi
5. Hack
5. Zgetto
7. Calle W
7. Pamaro

-WARNING- SPOILERS BELOW

Highlights of singles bracket:
* reminder: European Melee tournaments have best of 5 sets for all bracket matches.
- Pamaro beat Zgetto in 2nd round winners, causing the first big upset of the day.
- Pasi beat Pamaro and got to winners semis.
- Calle W came into the bracket with a 3rd seed and subsequently faced Amsah early and lost.
- Calle W vs Jeapie was one of the most hyped matches of the tournament, going down to the last round (what happened there was the stuff of legends).
- Armada and Amsah got to winners finals quite easily, defeating Ice and Pasi respectively.
- Hack, a swedish top players known for his ability to use tons of characters at top level, successfully 3-0'ed Pamaro's Falcon with KIRBY.
- Zgetto also crossed the losers brackets, defeating Salepate, IVP and Calle W amongst others till he lost to Pasi in Fox dittos for 5th place.
- Hack continued the Kirby onslaught by destroying Ice's Marth the first two rounds of their set, who counterpicked with Fox to take the next 2 rounds ; Hack then attempted to trap Ice with a Yoshi's Story + Marth counterpick but Ice came out the victor in an extremely tight last round.
- Ice defeated Pasi in losers semis.
- Armada defeated Amsah in winners finals 4-0 (finals are best of 7).
- Amsah got Ice in LF's, and they played Sheik dittos ; Amsah won the first two rounds, but Ice pulled out a great comeback and took it back to 2-2 ; however Amsah regained his composure and won the set in the end 4-2.
- Armada won BEAST by beating Amsah 4-0 again, succesfully taking the tournament without losing a single round in pools or bracket.

strawhats

Smash Master
Armada is a monster...wins this whole damn thing withot dropping so much as even a match.
Wins teams with his brother like a boss. Hope he puts in work at Pound V

stelzig

Smash Lord
Not too happy about my performance in singles, but awesome tournament guys. I will definitely be back for a beast2 if it should happen.

Btw, ok eagle only got 3rd in his pool... He was far from without chances against doraki and could have taken 2nd though (then again he lost to doraki again in second round... didn't see that set) so I still stand by what I said. Or maybe eagle just deserves a minor seed next time ;P

stelzig

Smash Lord
Ah yeah and hacks white kirby still being awesome. We already banned white kirby from danish tournaments over a year ago because of him lol.

(any other color is fine of course :p)

Calle W

Smash Apprentice
I think I did well for someone who hasn't attended any international tourneys in about 3 years. The players I lost to in the bracket are pretty good (but they won't win next time). ;D

Too bad my set against Jeapie wasn't recorded. It was so awesome. Commanding lead (2-0) -> Jeapie wins twice after the crowd shows up -> I'm down three stocks to one in the last match -> Epic comeback. =)

Anywayz, I had a great time and I'm glad that I've finally gotten to play so many of the European players. Now I know who you are. ;D ;D ;D

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I love Calle W and I haven't even met him
seems like every European smasher is really cool
@kirbylolwat o_O
@armadanotlosingamatch o_O

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
How much stuff got recorded at this....since the LiveStream was messed up I have no idea if anyone tried to record since it would be a waste of a tournament if nothing got recorded :urg:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Teams got recorded, although not the first round(s?). Things just didn't go well at the recording table, TVs not showing the right channel and stuff. Don't remember so can't say for sure until I check what I have.
The end of singles got recorded after I got to borrow another computer since mine died. I think it was somewhere around Armada vs Ice and Zgetto vs IVP. All of Hack's Kirby got recorded though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom