• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. II - 11-14 Aug 2011 [ROAD TO APEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK

Smash Journeyman
Yeah obviously, but there's no need qqing too much about it :D
Also, random seeding can be fun too, just ask the people who attended the Swedish tournament Sweetspot :)

:phone:
Yes super fun, got Armada round 1 -_-

Seeding is overated, its not like you cant beat people because they have better seed

Dax

Smash Journeyman
As I said, it's was a hotfix, it will hopefully be more stable on Saturday :)
I dont get the attitude where you have to whine about balance anyway. As my idol James Harding once said:

Edited for the real quote <3
while I agree with you and infact have no complains, I think the point for people is more that a too hard pool becomes unfair to those willing to just get past it and most importantly pretty much ****s up seeds for the next round. If there was a pool like armada-amsah-zgetto-adam the first problem would be that, for example, adam gets to the second round as fourth seed ;). Everyone does his best but it may be disappointing for someone who could for example get 7th not even making to the bracket because of such a thing :embarrass:.

That said, upsets always do happen, so often things get weird anyway :bee:
I do appreciate the good work you guys are putting in this though :)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Any time :) We are listening to everyone's opinion, and we will do our best to get perfect pools. Someone dissatisfied with pools for example might not get as good a tournament as they could have had and we want everyone to have a superb staying at beast! I'm just doing my best to loosen up the mood :)

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Nice to notice, how well you focus on every aspect while making pools (like: No "best friends, who play each other every day" in the same pool or how you make it more motivating to lower seed players to attend by giving good chances to advance at least from the first round etc.) Good Organization! :)

About the pools, it seems to be impossible to make 16 pools without any complaining. It pretty much doesn't matter what you do, there is always someone who feels unhappy about his situation. I found my pool very interesting. Only player I've played before is Haggar and I really look forward getting a rematch from Tampora 2 (where he won me at losers 3-1). So Beware Haggar! I will get my revenge :D.

But Like Lolex said: If you want win the tournament, it should not matter who you face. 'To be the best you gonna beat the bËst' right? :D

WIDL

We Are Born
While I feel my pool is pretty balanced in terms of skill (dunno the seeds, but I guess Navn, Smash Alex and Jadde has top seeds?), I don't think I would complain anyways, because this **** happens all the time. I got IVP, Nedech (who won the pool), Svampen, AJP and Hack in my pool Smashers' Reunion 4, I believe those five guys all won games vs eachother, and the top 4 made it through. I had basically no chance at all making it through, while certain players, whom I feel/felt were at least on my level or less skilled, made it through because they had a fairly easy pool (this has a lot to do with the fact that I was never placed on the norwegian rankings, so I figure I didn't get a good seed). I still had lots of fun, even though I got *****. Nedech's DK combo vs. my Falco was even in Gimpyfish's metagame video. :p Also, at SR3, I had Armada in my pool, and went up against him in the second round in winner's bracket. >_< plus I've met him tons of times at other Norwegian tournaments. However, I do understand people's desire to make it as far as possible!

That said, I feel I've gotten a lot better since SR4 (december 2008), so I'm ready to kick some ***. :D

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I do realize that these two guys are idiots, and alot of thing I can't write on SWF. But, 4.00-4.05 I can't help myself from laughing. I just think about faab. xD

Kanker is such a funny word.

http://www.geenstijl.tv/2011/08/gstv_zomerreport_voxpoppen_met.html

EDIT:

Just to make it clear. I've read the translation, and the guys are a-holes and says horrible things to the reporter. I think though that it's the right way to treat it to laugh at them (not with them) because they are idiots.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Kanker is one of the few words I know in dutch from playing Css with dutchies and it's funny how they use it as a really common word

Hack

Smash Journeyman
"Kankerlelijk kankermoeder kankerhoer kankerkut KANKERSPEL!!"
Expect this at BEAST2. Myself, I'm looking forward to it enormously :)

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Oh, I remember this sentence that my clanleader taught me: "Ik ben een kanker homo" or something

.... Not that I am one though...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i dont think ice is going, by the looks of it his journey is 200 euros and he only has like 80 to spend on travelling

I offered 100 euros but he doesnt want to take it, maybe if some people helped =/ its kinda too last minute tho

Oskar

Smash Cadet

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I go delayed by some French people since noone else in the area could house them :p
Updated pools, housing information and hopefully a stream will come tonight tho!

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Can some Swede tell me what the weather will be like from 9-16 in Stockholm , Thnx

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Can some Swede tell me what the weather will be like from 9-16 in Stockholm , Thnx
Thought the dutchies were going to Göteborg? The weather is pretty much the same. It seems it's going to be a bad week. 15-20 degrees and chances of rain.

A-D

Smash Journeyman
@Aniolas ah yeah, maybe it was gothenborg, but anyways thnx .. Too bad for the bad week though

random-ness

Smash Cadet
While I feel my pool is pretty balanced in terms of skill (dunno the seeds, but I guess Navn, Smash Alex and Jadde has top seeds?), I don't think I would complain anyways, because this **** happens all the time. I got IVP, Nedech (who won the pool), Svampen, AJP and Hack in my pool Smashers' Reunion 4, I believe those five guys all won games vs eachother, and the top 4 made it through. I had basically no chance at all making it through, while certain players, whom I feel/felt were at least on my level or less skilled, made it through because they had a fairly easy pool (this has a lot to do with the fact that I was never placed on the norwegian rankings, so I figure I didn't get a good seed). I still had lots of fun, even though I got *****. Nedech's DK combo vs. my Falco was even in Gimpyfish's metagame video. :p Also, at SR3, I had Armada in my pool, and went up against him in the second round in winner's bracket. >_< plus I've met him tons of times at other Norwegian tournaments. However, I do understand people's desire to make it as far as possible!

That said, I feel I've gotten a lot better since SR4 (december 2008), so I'm ready to kick some ***. :D
Wiidl, I guess it's not that strange that you haven't heard of me, but I'm the top seed in your pool...xD
Will enjoy playing you!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Me, Tekk, Rocky and some other Swedes are planning to go to an amusement park in Gothenburg, probably on the 10th. Some other French players are likely to come. Would some of you want to come as well ?

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Me, Tekk, Rocky and some other Swedes are planning to go to an amusement park in Gothenburg, probably on the 10th. Some other French players are likely to come. Would some of you want to come as well ?
your Treat :D ? call

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Amsah's ill

Hey guys,

I'm Amsah's sister. I just wanted to let you know that he's got a 39 degree fever. Hes supposed to leave in two days but if the fever doesnt go down he can't come. He was really looking forward to this, but he cant even sit up straight let allone travel. He'll keep you posted if anything changes.

If not... you guys have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom