• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. V: The Biggest European Tournament Yet

ESPI0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flying_Espio
I'm looking at the schedule and it should've already have started around 9am PST, but it's been like 2 hours and still no stream? Anyone wats going on or did I miss something? Really worried Im missing all the action

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm looking at the schedule and it should've already have started around 9am PST, but it's been like 2 hours and still no stream? Anyone wats going on or did I miss something? Really worried Im missing all the action
Salty Playground had internet issues, but VGBC has been streaming Project M for a while now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So lemme get this straight, the picture for the biggest European tourney has Mango smack dab in the middle. Mango, the player that represents America when he plays, the guy who uses the "USA" tag in some games and the same guy who wears an American flag bandana on his head. All this while Armada, the best European Smasher there is is put on the right behind Mango. I'm kind of sick of Mango getting his **** sucked as much as he does. He's an amazing player, possibly the best there is, but we don't all need to worship him
Pro-tip: In advertising, you put your biggest star in the middle of advertising pieces and/or you make them appear to be in front.

Fight sports and events do this all the time.

Examples:
[collapse="From MMA: UFC 158"]

Note: The big star of the event, Georges St-Pierre, is front in center, while Nick Diaz, the secondary star of the main event is in the background[/collapse]
[collapse="From boxing: Mike Tyson vs. Buster Douglass"]

Note that Mike Tyson is front in center, and he was obviously the main attraction and champion. Still an incredible upset to watch BTW.[/collapse]
[collapse="From Pro Wrestling: WrestleMania 15"]

Note that Steve Austin, the most popular wrestler of all-time and the most popular wrestler BY FAR at that time, is at the very front.[/collapse]
[collapse="From live theater: The Lion King Musical"]

Note that only Simba, the main character, is on the cover.[/collapse]
[collapse="From movies: The Avengers"]

Obviously Iron Man is front and center because his movies sold the best and because Robert Downey Jr. was the biggest star in this movie.[/collapse]
[collapse="From video games: Super Smash Bros. Melee"]

Notice who is in front? Mario, followed by Pikachu, aka the two biggest draws.[/collapse]
This isn't uncommon nor will it ever be uncommon. You want your hot commodity front and center whenever possible.

Mango is the world champion of Melee, the most well-known Smasher ever, has won more tournament money than anyone else, and has arguably the biggest sponsor. He's your headline draw in terms of players, period. So, you put him in the front, unless of course you're saying the UFC, Don King boxing promotions, the WWE/WWF, Disney, Marvel, and Nintendo are wrong. ;)

Last edited:

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Pro-tip: In advertising, you put your biggest star in the middle of advertising pieces and/or you make them appear to be in front.

Fight sports and events do this all the time.

Examples:
[collapse="From MMA: UFC 158"]

Note: The big star of the event, Georges St-Pierre, is front in center, while Nick Diaz, the secondary star of the main event is in the background[/collapse]
[collapse="From boxing: Mike Tyson vs. Buster Douglass"]

Note that Mike Tyson is front in center, and he was obviously the main attraction and champion. Still an incredible upset to watch BTW.[/collapse]
[collapse="From Pro Wrestling: WrestleMania 15"]

Note that Steve Austin, the most popular wrestler of all-time and the most popular wrestler BY FAR at that time, is at the very front.[/collapse]
[collapse="From live theater: The Lion King Musical"]

Note that only Simba, the main character, is on the cover.[/collapse]
[collapse="From movies: The Avengers"]

Obviously Iron Man is front and center because his movies sold the best and because Robert Downey Jr. was the biggest star in this movie.[/collapse]
[collapse="From video games: Super Smash Bros. Melee"]

Notice who is in front? Mario, followed by Pikachu, aka the two biggest draws.[/collapse]
This isn't uncommon nor will it ever be uncommon. You want your hot commodity front and center whenever possible.

Mango is the world champion of Melee, the most well-known Smasher ever, has won more tournament money than anyone else, and has arguably the biggest sponsor. He's your headline draw in terms of players, period. So, you put him in the front, unless of course you're saying the UFC, Don King boxing promotions, the WWE/WWF, Disney, Marvel, and Nintendo are wrong. ;)
You definitely want the main attraction for your event to be the focal point yes and since this is a rare occurrence of Mang0 in europe . However I didn't really put him in the center with that purpose, the poses just kinda naturally worked out that way since Leffen turns to the right and sneakily looks towards Mang0 and Armada. Armada is obviously extremely determined to face them both but primarily Mang0. Mang0 always has that "I don't fear anyone mentality" so isn't facing anyone. So their personalities was a more important direction for me during this design.
It's interesting to see how people interpret it since you could also interpret it as all the europeans are gunning for him and surrounding him.

But cool to see the diverse reactions to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom