• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B Link's ONE DAY P2P Singles Tourney (Tentative Date: Sat. May 1)

B Link

Smash Lord
B LINK'S "ONE DAY" P2P ONLINE SINGLES TOURNEY
tentative date: Saturday May 1st 2010
tentative time: 6pm until finish

DESCRIPTION

Alright, so I know there are a couple of online tourneys going on right now but I have hosted a couple of 1 day online tourneys in the past, and most of them have gone well. This is a tourney for people who are TIRED of waiting for a tourney that will never end!

Problems that have occurred in the past:
1. people don't show up because they forget/drop out/are busy
2. people can't host p2p
3. people lag

Solutions to these problems:
1. I think that this shouldn't be too much of a problem anymore, seeing as people are more committed nowadays, but we'll see.
2. There's already a lot of delay online, I don't understand how some people can "get used" to playing with 5+ frames. I can't.
My tourney will be all P2P as it has been in the past, usually people that can't host have firewalls issues/router issues etc. which can easily be solved. This also, for the most part, prevents JOHNZ
3. If you can't fix your lag on the day of the tourney, you are DQ'ed. The tourney won't start for a while so try and fix your problems beforehand.

RULES

- 5 stock matches, Best Of 3
- LOSERS FINAL, WINNERS FINAL, GRAND FINALS: Best of 5

- Double Elimination style
- Items Off
- Advanced Slob Picks
(Loser picks stage first, then winner picks character, then loser picks character)
- No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
- Ties broken by lives/percentage

- STAGES
First match: Hyrule
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle

LINKS

Emulators:
Project64k 0.13
Project64k 0.13 (VISTA ready to use, credits to cheeseball)
Mupen64k (0.7.9)
SERVER + P2P Client
Regular P2P Client

WHERE TO MEET
Not sure yet, last time I used the AllisBarwlz Chat, but some ppl get confused at simple instructions so I don't know if I'll do that again.
This time maybe we can meet at Universe 64 around 7-8pm or something to co-ordinate matches.

FAQ

Q: Can we play our matches on a server?
A: Well if you and your opponent can agree on it, then that's fine. But all subsequent matches should be played on P2P whenever possible.

Q: OH, so your tourneys on _____? SIGH I can't play then...
A: It's a tentative date. I will adjust it accordingly so that more people can play.

SUGGESTIONS

If you cannot make the current tourney DATE, please suggest one that is more convenient to you. I am GUESSING that the best date would optimally be on a WEEKEND in the EVENING.

ENTRIES
1. sharksquall

Brackets will be posted via TIO Tournament Organizer, when entries are finalized.
Entries are currently open. C'mon and sign up! =P

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I can do this if it's not on may 1st
name: sharksquail
emulator: pjk64
p2p: I think so
aim: Samuel Barksdale

Top Bottom