• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B reversal lasers (With video)

manhunter098

Smash Lord
@J4pu: I was pretty sure you didnt need to be B-sticking in order to do this, in fact Im pretty darn near positive. Ive done it a couple times on accident, and successfuly reproduced it, but I cant do it consistently so its really no use for my to apply it to my game.

Either way I believe it may be something only for the best players, which is nice since it gives those who are talented and dedicated something that will actually give them a competitive edge. Huzzah for the possiblity of the return of technical skill making a noticable difference in Brawl.

J4pu

Smash Champion
@J4pu: I was pretty sure you didnt need to be B-sticking in order to do this, in fact Im pretty darn near positive. Ive done it a couple times on accident, and successfuly reproduced it, but I cant do it consistently so its really no use for my to apply it to my game.

Either way I believe it may be something only for the best players, which is nice since it gives those who are talented and dedicated something that will actually give them a competitive edge. Huzzah for the possiblity of the return of technical skill making a noticable difference in Brawl.
I can get the arial momentum w/o bstick but only when I laser directy after jumping which screws the SHL/SHDL tech
so my question was, is it possible to do this w/o bstick while lasering at the correct time

Blad01

Smash Lord
Ah, reverse the momentum so you fly towards the stage instead of off the stage and getting KO'd right?
Yes, that is what i was talking about. i havn't tested it yet, but that could be good :D

And J4pu, yes, you can do the Reverse Laser a little bit later. A reversed silent laser is just impossible, du to the backward momentum, that makes you land on the ground a little bit faster.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Yes, that is what i was talking about. i havn't tested it yet, but that could be good :D

And J4pu, yes, you can do the Reverse Laser a little bit later. A reversed silent laser is just impossible, du to the backward momentum, that makes you land on the ground a little bit faster.
It shouldn't be. Just do the laser a tiny bit earlier than you usually would for the silent laser, then do the reversal.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Sort of, but the one fired in the opposite direction must be done on the ground, I dont think there is enough time to do it in both directions out of a short hop (or even a full hop) in midair. So you will have to deal with the lag of firing a laser on the ground if you want to fire them in two directions. Overall, just dont bother unless you want to use it to show off, since firing two of them in the direction your opponent is in will be FAR more effective, and even in a doubles match firing it in opposite directions is probably not going to do you much good.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
B reversal lasers are extremely tricky and easy to mess up. The timing is too tight. 40% of the time I can do it, 40% of the time I try it becomes a regular RSHDL, and the remaining 20% is always phantasm. It's very easy to suicide doing, so I only attempt it if I know a phantasm won't kill me from where I am on the stage.

Regardless, it's a great way to laser and I can see the applications of this technique if someone could do it consistently without fail.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
2 things that make good use of this tech
if you do it off a wall jump u kinda of super boost your momentum
so try both the double and single reversal lasers
1 will boost you tward the stage shooting lasers tward the stage
2 will boost u SUPER far away shooting lasers away from stage
the secound 1 is prolly the most difficult thing to do in the game, but **** it looks cool

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I just thought of something that would be pretty awesome if it worked (not too useful but awesome). Wall jump, laser reversal into the wall. Then wall jump again. If I'm not mistaken it should reset your wall jump count. Can anyone test this?

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Lol Fox can do Reversal B lasers but it looks really ******** xDDDD But his speed does provide better momentum boost. (lets keep this away from the Fox boards :laugh: )

Yea I accidentally start doing the reversal lasers on accident with falco (since I do About Face Double Lasers all the time) but their momentum changing stuff really does help. I jumped over my friend doing it and scored a free D-Smash and killed him.

The double reversals are ****ing hard though. it hurts my fingers and I phantasm off the stage more times than I can successfully do the tech.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Can I put the vid in a blog of mine?
Exousia, may I put your "Laser Storm" video also into said blog?

The blog might evolve into a fully fledged Laser guide, but at the moment it's rather short.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So has anyone got the double reversal down well enough to use it in matches yet? I've been using single reversals as a good way to turn a running away into a rush in, but those are alot easier.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
So has anyone got the double reversal down well enough to use it in matches yet? I've been using single reversals as a good way to turn a running away into a rush in, but those are alot easier.
Yeah I started using them, but unfortunately I haven't had a solid falco 1v1 with anyone in about a week or two (all my matches have been FFA lately, and I pretty much use DK and GANONDORF exclusively there). I've been practicing my timing with falco in training very precisely though, and I do have the double reversal perfect now, even in an actual match. You have to make sure you separate all the directions and button presses from each other or you will phantasm to your doom. Think of it like playing the drums. Imagine it's like a fill. You need to space out the noises individually or it will become hectic and unorganized. It feels kind of like a waterfall when you have it properly.

wangston

Smash Lord
I've been looking for this thread all week. Now I've found it. OHHHHH HAPPY DAY!!!

Also these needs to be on the falco AT topic or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom