• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> London Gaming Con 2011 - D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Me 5th and also T 5th. 7th was C.R.Z and someone else cant remember who.

And guys this was actually the worst venue ever in history. We couldn't move around to play games at all, we had 6 wii's with tv's but it was only possible to use 3-4 wii's at a time because of the space.

But none the less it was good with the dutchies and Marc here. Keith came really close to beating Orion in LF and did pretty well against Ramin in WF. Marcbri cleanly beat me and Orion ***** me, 3 and 2 stock i think.

And Callum no man were gonna get good at MODERN WARFARE 3 MAN. Cong wants to as well. This is defiantly my last tourney though, it was good while it lasted lol but its too old now haha, CoD is too addictive.

Doubles today though and apparantly were moving downstairs with more room, Ramin and Orion will also play GF's today.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Guys also before i forgeti cant record the matches saved on my wii because my laptop is broke and thats what i use to upload, so someone is gonna have to take them off my hand.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Me 5th and also T 5th. 7th was C.R.Z and someone else cant remember who.

And guys this was actually the worst venue ever in history. We couldn't move around to play games at all, we had 6 wii's with tv's but it was only possible to use 3-4 wii's at a time because of the space.

But none the less it was good with the dutchies and Marc here. Keith came really close to beating Orion in LF and did pretty well against Ramin in WF. Marcbri cleanly beat me and Orion ***** me, 3 and 2 stock i think.

And Callum no man were gonna get good at MODERN WARFARE 3 MAN. Cong wants to as well. This is defiantly my last tourney though, it was good while it lasted lol but its too old now haha, CoD is too addictive.

Doubles today though and apparantly were moving downstairs with more room, Ramin and Orion will also play GF's today.
haha na man cant just let them come beat us and leave :p im defo getting back into it aswell as playing cod we dont even have 4 people for cod!! our cod crew is to unreliable to get good as there never on , il have a couple months training on brawl try get money and go to a dutch monthly by myself if i have to! :p

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Melee results (not 100% sure, also don't know the results after this so if andy could tell me the rest I'd appreciate it.)

Melee singles:

1.) Fuzz
2.) Prof
3.) VA
4.) Jolteon
5.) Dgazer
5.) J3ly
7.) X1-12
7.) Bullet Bill
9.) AmcD
9.) Unreal
9.) Alpha Dash
9.) PMS

Melee doubles:

1.) Team Joltyness
2.) Prof+Alpha Dash
3/4.) j3ly+AmcD and PMS+AC (I don't think they played for last).

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Melee results (not 100% sure, also don't know the results after this so if andy could tell me the rest I'd appreciate it.)

Melee singles:

1.) Fuzz
2.) Prof
3.) VA
4.) Jolteon
5.) Dgazer
5.) J3ly
7.) X1-12
7.) Bullet Bill
9.) AmcD
9.) Unreal
9.) Alpha Dash
9.) Unreal

Melee doubles:

1.) Team Joltyness
2.) Prof+Alpha Dash
3/4.) j3ly+AmcD and PMS+AC (I don't think they played for last).
Edit one of those Unreals and put in PMS

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
I suck at everything
I saw you beating TTT's Wolf in friendlies, don't be so hard on yourself. It's just rough at the top level. And also: Ike and ROB - it's not gonna be easy! (I don't even want to mention Ganon.)

What characters did the top placers use? Mr. R: mostly Marth, Orion: MK and ICs, Kasper: Falco, Marcbri: Falco (and possibly MK).

I was really impressed by Blubo since he reached =7th using Ike and Pit.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I used all falco in tourney but one match vs T where I went D3.

Some imressions and stuff later, pretty fun tourney.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I saw you beating TTT's Wolf in friendlies, don't be so hard on yourself. It's just rough at the top level. And also: Ike and ROB - it's not gonna be easy! (I don't even want to mention Ganon.)

What characters did the top placers use? Mr. R: mostly Marth, Orion: MK and ICs, Kasper: Falco, Marcbri: Falco (and possibly MK).

I was really impressed by Blubo since he reached =7th using Ike and Pit.
I beat him once in about 20 games and he suicided 2 stocks on that game

My name is now Free~P

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
The venue was the best so far, its just that we had to wait a day to move into the better area so please don't give this tournament a bad view. Next time it'll be exactly the same, cause they know now that we're a big community.

People loved the fact we were around gamers, and other fighting game communities. Some people like Gaki and Cong also participated in other tournaments.

Just because it was a bad experience for you in terms of space for the first day, you should take this post back and tell the truth how it went overall. It was bad the first day admittedly, but it was resolved after and shown the potential of this event for future hosting.

We got interest of some new people which is great, the tournament went smoothly but the brawl went a little bit offcue sadly (maybe cause of your 4 t.v issue or stalling?).
The issue with the brawl finals wasn't the staff member's fault nor mine.. I clearly stated on the forums and start of the day the GF will only be projected due to our time gap on the stage.

Bit gutted a lot of the melee guys didnt turn up and missed out the amazing sunday experience, dont be put off by the saturday!

Overall I had a great time and I know all the melee community + most of the brawl community did as well =)

We might be getting a space at London Anime Con as well as LGC next year =) It's better than being in boring tiptree + 2 day tournaments are win!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The reason for 18+ becauase theres a bar inside is the worst reason ever. Its like saying you can't go in a pub or club because theres a bar. Its not like everyones gonna be purchasing alcoholic beverages, and you don't have to be 18 to purchase soft drinks :L
I just went to a gig recently and there was a bar there and the gig was 14+!

:phone:

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
I beat him once in about 20 games and he suicided 2 stocks on that game

My name is now Free~P
Then main Meta Knight. Problem?

The venue was the best so far, its just that we had to wait a day to move into the better area so please don't give this tournament a bad view. Next time it'll be exactly the same, cause they know now that we're a big community.

People loved the fact we were around gamers, and other fighting game communities. Some people like Gaki and Cong also participated in other tournaments.

Just because it was a bad experience for you in terms of space for the first day, you should take this post back and tell the truth how it went overall. It was bad the first day admittedly, but it was resolved after and shown the potential of this event for future hosting.

We got interest of some new people which is great, the tournament went smoothly but the brawl went a little bit offcue sadly (maybe cause of your 4 t.v issue or stalling?).
The issue with the brawl finals wasn't the staff member's fault nor mine.. I clearly stated on the forums and start of the day the GF will only be projected due to our time gap on the stage.

Bit gutted a lot of the melee guys didnt turn up and missed out the amazing sunday experience, dont be put off by the saturday!

Overall I had a great time and I know all the melee community + most of the brawl community did as well =)

We might be getting a space at London Anime Con as well as LGC next year =) It's better than being in boring tiptree + 2 day tournaments are win!
The area was MUCH better on sunday, I have to agree here. Too bad it was only for doubles, which got little interest...

When's the next monthly gonna be??

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
there isnt a monthly till feb/march because of OOC
Blastzone in march too
So OOC is 14th January, Blastzone is (late?) March

Might as well have the next monthly mid February! :awesome:

Yeah, my meta sucks. imma jsut stick to ike and teach myself to not be bad XD
My meta sucks too, my highest tier character is a mediocre/**** GnW. Play my Mario sometime, he'll make you retire from smash XD

Oh yeah this is Loz8ichimaru btw, couldn't be bothered to log Adam out so yeah :-D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So OOC is 14th January, Blastzone is (late?) March

Might as well have the next monthly mid February! :awesome:

My meta sucks too, my highest tier character is a mediocre/**** GnW. Play my Mario sometime, he'll make you retire from smash XD

Oh yeah this is Loz8ichimaru btw, couldn't be bothered to log Adam out so yeah :-D
Lol yeah i was about to say, adam has both wario and diddy XD
To be fair, i've been using G&W in friendlies, it's okay but not something i would call worthy of my other characters XD

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles

1st: Mr. R
2nd: Orion
3rd: Kasper
4th: Marcbri
5th: TTT
5th: Anaky
7th: Blubo
7th: C.R.Z
9th: J.Miller
9th: ShadowTactics

sorry cant remember the rest, anaky has the info...

Orion*

Smash Researcher
\I clearly stated on the forums and start of the day the GF will only be projected due to our time gap on the stage.
The fact that i had to talk the same dumb ***** who just wanted to sing karaoke multiple times was annoying as ****. She was very unclear with what she wanted

i.e. if she thought brawl would take to long and wanted to do her little bull**** then she can tell us if she didnt mind waiting that was also fine.

Instead she decided to not even ask any of the players watching, any of the hosts or other staff members, or wait inbetween matches to ask the players she went onstage to ask the players PLAYING multiple times. I had to legitimately had to just hop on stage and tell her to stop from ruining ramin and kaspers match, and had to have a whole god damn conversation with her when I was in the middle of playing kasper because she couldnt wait to talk to me inbetween matches despite that being the 4th time i've talked to her that day.

No. none of this is your fault, LOL however I do feel like this was my only significant gripe with the whole tournament. Otherwise I had a lot of fun, the players where really fun to meet/play (both melee and brawl), however if you're going to run tournaments in the future with that con there needs to be some sort of rule imo to prevent that sort of stuff.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
WTF, didn't know that happened. Can't believe a staff member of a convention interrupts finals like that ._.

I missed finals and would love to watch them, any clue of when will they be up?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
The fact that i had to talk the same dumb ***** who just wanted to sing karaoke multiple times was annoying as ****. She was very unclear with what she wanted

i.e. if she thought brawl would take to long and wanted to do her little bull**** then she can tell us if she didnt mind waiting that was also fine.

Instead she decided to not even ask any of the players watching, any of the hosts or other staff members, or wait inbetween matches to ask the players she went onstage to ask the players PLAYING multiple times. I had to legitimately had to just hop on stage and tell her to stop from ruining ramin and kaspers match, and had to have a whole god damn conversation with her when I was in the middle of playing kasper because she couldnt wait to talk to me inbetween matches despite that being the 4th time i've talked to her that day.

No. none of this is your fault, LOL however I do feel like this was my only significant gripe with the whole tournament. Otherwise I had a lot of fun, the players where really fun to meet/play (both melee and brawl), however if you're going to run tournaments in the future with that con there needs to be some sort of rule imo to prevent that sort of stuff.
but it wasn't their fault nor mine, there was a time gap for smash on the projector. I stated that finals would only be showing the singles GF (not WF, not LS) whoever chose to do that its their fault, the staff cant be blamed for interrupting when someone is taking the piss as they're clueless why their time slot is being overrun by smashers. There's no need to blame the staff or me for anything aside them doing what they had to do since it was their expo.

It wasn't really my responsibility to run brawl on time either =/ I had no clue why brawl was only up to WF, by the time Melee was up to GF because usually brawl finishes first in the UK (WITH LESS T.V's)

The only thing that sucked was the first day but that was resolved and will never happen like that again

Orion*

Smash Researcher
but it wasn't their fault nor mine
I said it wasn't your fault already. However i do think the same lady that was part of the staff could have handled the situation much better. Answering the same **** multiple times, half the time without her answering any of my questions regarding to find a solution to the problem is very agitating, especially when its an interruption. IDC what the time gap is it's unprofessional, and I feel that anyone in the same position would feel the same.

She wasn't clueless, she was hopeless.

There's no need to blame the staff or me for anything aside them doing what they had to do since it was their expo.
Well overall actually I thought the staff at the event where pretty cool // nice people. Overall you ran the tournament very well I'm not really upset and I already stated I had a great time at the event. However I did want to state my feelings on that one situation.

I had no clue why brawl was only up to WF, by the time Melee was up to GF because usually brawl finishes first in the UK (WITH LESS T.V's)
....really? you don't know why? :awesome:

...part of that is my fault btw. timed out ****ing marcbri LOL

and Pit.

(yes I thought this was important enough to add)
his pits a lot easier to 3 stock so i didnt think it was worth it. also considering the fact that he went ike vs mk instead of pit, which has a much better mu imo shows something.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
man was practising it for apex!

Also fuzzy, brawl usually finishes earlier than melee because we have no notable MK mains so stall the world away...orion must be the most defensive mk ever XD

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
brawl had more entrants than melee. as well as the fact that melee matches are generally quicker + orion timing everyone out lool

even if the what was told to the brawl players was not followed through on, there is no excuse for interupting a tournament match, especially when its important, thats just rude.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
man was practising it for apex!

Also fuzzy, brawl usually finishes earlier than melee because we have no notable MK mains so stall the world away...orion must be the most defensive mk ever XD
in all honesty I didn't even camp until people camped me.
I had to play 2 gay *** falcos for the max number of rounds all 3 sets... thats 11 games of torture LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom