• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Sticking or C Sticking?

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean A(analog)- Stick? Well, You could be like me and go hybrid. I do both, it just depends on what would be easier based on my hand position and if you decide on one way later on, You can easily switch because of being hybrid.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Personally, I'm going to use the B-stick side. Then again, I'm more of a campy D3 where as Romeo's for example is in your face aerial attack. I guess it's what you want to do with him.

FlashGearz

Smash Apprentice
I'm bothish I guess. All my kills are from edgeguard combos, like shield grabbing>Chain Throw,>Forward Throw>Bair>Fair.

I throw Waddles almost every time possible, and know when camping is advised, but when they rush I always go to by Chainthrow combos

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Lol i just realized about bsticking, Im going to test dedede with bsticking and see if my waddle dees shoot me back, if they do im actually setting it for bsticking because dededes hammer attacks are slowish.

Covenant

Smash Rookie
BSticked waddles don't have hardly any push. He gets a wierd bump from his jethammer though. You only get pushback on moves that normally work against momentum, and from what I can tell the waddletoss does not.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
BSticked waddles don't have hardly any push. He gets a wierd bump from his jethammer though. You only get pushback on moves that normally work against momentum, and from what I can tell the waddletoss does not.
Yeah i noticed that, and also if you spam the cstick too much you end up basically forcing dedede to jump with the cstick. Makes no sense on it and the little back push isnt worth it, Id rather just use the cstick for smashing and aerials anyway.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I dont know whast you mean. B sticking his waddles have the same effect, they push him back. Its pretty good to use for spamming and spacing, but in tight spots, you better off just throwing them without b sticking.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^you can set the c-stick to do B moves ;)

and because of this you can do some cool momentum things (kinda like doing dash->reverse b-air) except with b moves

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
I just Bstick with him. His smashes are already slow; doing the smash the other way with fractions of seconds charge time, won't hurt a lot. That is, if you remember to let go of the buttons.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
His smashes are already slow; doing the smash the other way with fractions of seconds charge time, won't hurt a lot.
Joke post, right? That fraction of seconds can be the difference between victory and defeat.

Back to the topic, I c-stick, b-sticking doesn't give him that much of an advantage.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Going backwards with special can be done without b-sticking...
IIRC it was jump backwards and quickly do your special the other way(works with neutral and side specials), then DI backwards.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Going backwards with special can be done without b-sticking...
IIRC it was jump backwards and quickly do your special the other way(works with neutral and side specials), then DI backwards.
True, but in cases such as Lucas, b-sticking gives alot more momentum than ^. I would go with c-stick since aerials are sooooooo much more important.

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
c-stick since I main chars that don't benefit as much, so I can use just one control scheme.

Top Bottom