• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby!

JLynn943

Smash Ace
For your child's sake, please don't name him Ganon or Frodo. He'll be associated with the characters for the rest of his life, whether he likes it or not. Personally, I'm not against uncommon names, but I think naming a child after something specifically in pop culture is cruel and kind of selfish.

Out of the names you've selected though, I love the name Blake.:)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
You could always name your kid Leonidas Maximus Wallace the 3rd. His badass/pimp meter will be..................................... I can't even type the words!

But from that list geno is kind nice and unique I also like blake.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm gonna say Stan, because of the Salesman from Monkey Island XD.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Don't name your child after popular video game characters. :\

You can use them as nicknames, but my god, they'll hate you forever if that's their real name.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ya know, as nerdy/lame as this may sound to some people, if i met a kid named ganon in school or whatever, i would definitely befriend him instantly. LOL

i vote ganon... too good!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, at least none of these are as bad as Pilot Inspektor or Jermajesty. Imagine how those kids feel. (Oh wait, their parents are celebrities.... hmmm....)

But seriously, Frodo and Klavier are no-nos.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Klavier
Kristoph
Frodo

Geno (sweet huh?)
Ganon (more sweet)
Stan
Blake
Roy
Andrew
Derek
Willie
Ones in bold are the ones I liked, even though Andrew is very overused. Italics are fugly.

Well, at least none of these are as bad as Pilot Inspektor or Jermajesty. Imagine how those kids feel. (Oh wait, their parents are celebrities.... hmmm....)

But seriously, Frodo and Klavier are no-nos.
I quite like the name Jermajesty. Also, those two names I only remember because I saw a VH1 documentary on worst baby names, I think... Did you get those from that, too, or did you just remember the lulz of it?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I quite like the name Jermajesty. Also, those two names I only remember because I saw a VH1 documentary on worst baby names, I think... Did you get those from that, too, or did you just remember the lulz of it?
I'll give you that Jermajesty doesn't sound bad. But come on, they knew what they were implying. It's like naming your daughter Princess. (Uh, no offense to any Princesses out there.)

I did see the VH1 documentary, and it was hilarious, lol, but I remember a lot of weird celebrity baby names from the tabloids. My aunt has a tabloid obsession, so I usually end up reading them even though they're trash.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Call him MaxfireXSA!
Lol j/k, go with what feels right, or what your wife says... xD

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

You can use them as nicknames, but my god, they'll hate you forever if that's their real name.
Truthfully, if I was the kid, I wouldn't mind it at all. =P

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well naming your child Ganon:

Nobody would really know who Ganon was/is in the child's day and age, and if they do they would want to be friends with the kid. That's how I see it.

Although I'd never name my child Ganon :p.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I know it's not on your list, but I've personally always been a fan of the name Isaac. It's spelling is neat, and it sounds rich when it rolls off your tongue. And you could shorten it to "Zac" or "Izzi" if you want to. Plus, you can say it's from Golden Sun if you really want to super geek out about it.

Roy is also nice.

And if you're going to go for Willie, I would say William would be best for his birth certificate. Then you can just call him Willie as a nick. I say this because my friend's dad's name is Jimmy (not James) and I think that's hysterically tragic.

~rh

Smash Lord
Listen to your wife's opinion. They're always right...

Marsu

Smash Cadet
You should be able to decide on your own baby’s name rather than asking someone else........

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Only if it's painfully obvious names, such as Link. go for a more obscure name, like Aran, Gordon or Glados

EDIT:
You should be able to decide on your own baby’s name rather than asking someone else........
He is, he's just asking opinions.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm partial to Andrew since...well, that's my name :)

And the name really depends upon the last name: it has to have a flow to it. What's your surname?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
how is everyone not saying ganon?
like... c'mon?
a kid with a name like that is destined for good things...
like spending eternity sealed away...

ok, maybe andrew's ok too, i guess... LOLOL

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Congrats! Buzz and I just had a baby. It's so wonderful, best of luck!

Names, well, we had a hard time with boy names. We found TONS of girl names. Here are the boy names I like, you picked Derek, which is great!

Brayden or Jayden
Jason
Lance
Tanner
Destri

That is all I can think of from the top of my head.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
You should name your child a regular name and than make a nick name from their regular name if it's long. Don't name your child after a video game, no Link, Ganon, Bowser, Diddy, Olimar, Marth or anything that was intended to be somewhat related to a video game. It's gonna put a bit of guilt on your child if he/she grows up.

I was named after the street my parents lived at the time, but lucky the name is a bisexual name so I don't have to end up with a name like Spade or Jane and crap like that.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
You should name your child a regular name and than make a nick name from their regular name if it's long. Don't name your child after a video game, no Link, Ganon, Bowser, Diddy, Olimar, Marth or anything that was intended to be somewhat related to a video game. It's gonna put a bit of guilt on your child if he/she grows up.

I was named after the street my parents lived at the time, but lucky the name is a bisexual name so I don't have to end up with a name like Spade or Jane and crap like that.
agreed.

but what's your name? feel free to not answer this.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
My name is Jamie. My name was named after a road called Jameson Ave. :3 so lucky it wasn't a rediculas street name <3

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
When I was born, my parents were living on Hobbes Lane.

I woudln't complain about the name Hobbes.

D

Deleted member

Last name: Romiano. Geno Roy Romiano... Sound good?

Edit: he's due the 2nd!
Double edit: Itouch sucks 4 typing.

M.K

Level 55
Last name: Romiano. Geno Roy Romiano... Sound good?

Edit: he's due the 2nd!
Double edit: Itouch sucks 4 typing.
Ehh...the double R doesn't really roll off the tongue as well as it should.

"Geno" should not be the full name. If I assume correctly (which I'm probably not, but whatever), the full name is "Giovanni" (Pronounced Gee - oh- vahn- ee)

Giovanni Romiano sounds....uber cool!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ehh...the double R doesn't really roll off the tongue as well as it should.

"Geno" should not be the full name. If I assume correctly (which I'm probably not, but whatever), the full name is "Giovanni" (Pronounced Gee - oh- vahn- ee)

Giovanni Romiano sounds....uber cool!
Your kidding me right? I did not know that yet I hit the nail on the ground.

Name your Kid Giovanni Romiano. DO IT

Roihu

Smash Ace
Giovanni Aran Romiano sounds super special awesome.
amirite?

D

Deleted member

Giovanni... Nickname: Geno. Sounds insane. What's a good middle name?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have a friend who named her child Phoenix.

Cool names sound cool on paper, but in practice, they're quite awkward.

Top Bottom