• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back room impressions on Ice Climbers?

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
So what does the back room think about the IC infinite? Will the ICs get banned? Can some mod here point this out, because this is serious.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
the rule should be that no more grabs that last like 10 seconds or 15-20%

or force them to play with a wii mote lolz

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Ok that is just stupid. Why ban a technique because people are too dumb to avoid it?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
.. did u even see the vid? how can u attack without having the IC start the infinite.

lets just wait till a mod comes and says his point

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ok that is just stupid. Why ban a technique because people are too dumb to avoid it?
Banning a Technique >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Banning a Character.
We WILL NOT Ban Characters, 0% chance.

We WILL end up banning a technique though.
Besides, once you get Grabbed (which is highly likely to happen) any Skilled IC player will infinate you, and you lose a stock.
Thats why we ban techniques like that, not the character.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Lol playing as the ICs counters their grab. The only character that can not be grabbed by the ICs is the ICs themselves.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
IC chain throws are not new, and this backthrow video isn't either. Until you have a tournament that an Ice Climber won using this technique, there isn't even a conversation about if the move. If that does happen, it's a question of to what degree was it an unfair, talentless, guaranteed win against the people he played. The answer to that will put it, at worst, as less bannable than Wobbling was in Melee.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
It's just as hard, if not harder to get a clean grab in Brawl as in Melee
People can break out of grabs faster in Brawl
Backthrow infinites are much harder than wobbling

If wobbling wasn't universally banned in Melee, there's no reason this should be.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
IC chain throws are not new, and this backthrow video isn't either. Until you have a tournament that an Ice Climber won using this technique, there isn't even a conversation about if the move. If that does happen, it's a question of to what degree was it an unfair, talentless, guaranteed win against the people he played. The answer to that will put it, at worst, as less bannable than Wobbling was in Melee.
thanks. I was worried it'd be an instaban.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Even if it gets banned, I'll still try to do it against n00bs. I always played IC against people I could easily beat in Melee just to try and get the IC freeze glitch off. Spent nearly the entire match trying to do it sometimes. Although, I wasn't very good with IC anyways.

Top Bottom