• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad AI? or Undiscovered greatness

TheFast

Smash Lord
ok well i have an idea but i dont know where to go with it:confused:

alot of the lvl 9s will use ATs from time to time (such as how bowser does the neutral b turning in the air) when i saw some1 playing a lvl 9 computer he would full jump into a fireball but this seems very bad for luigi sense his combo ability is in the air this pressures the opponent to the ground. so there must be some reason they would make a lvl 9 computer do something that stupid all the time enless there was something behind it, i know they can sometimes kill themselves and do noob like mistakes but only luigi does something constantly like which leads me to believe there is something behind it. if any1 has any idea of what might be behind this please let me know (any ideas besides the obvious bad AI)

eh it may be bad AI (probobly:laugh:) but if not remember i knew it was there

Eten

Smash Ace
Well... Luigi did notoriously have the worse AI in Melee...

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well I guess if you land it close enough you should have enough time to land a n-air. But it seems too risky to be useful. Maybe he is just trying to make it harder to jump over or something.

And I think worst AI in Melee is a tie between CF and Luigi (maybe even Mario too). CF was so easy to trick into killing himself. Just stand at the edge and dodge when he did the Raptor Boost and off he goes. Luigi from what I recall just couldnt use his recovery to its fullest, and while that was pretty bad at least he didnt really kill himself too often. Mario almost always tried to f-air spike you when you return to the stage, except he didnt know how to get back up again...

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Luigi would Use SideB ALWAYS.

Even under the freaking stage.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
I haven't tested different levels, but every time I've seen a computer controlled Luigi use their final smash, all they do is throw fireballs until it's over.

TheFast

Smash Lord
funny, i always thought lvl 9 falcos on jungle japes was the funniest if u stood still they would kill themselfs

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Long story short: Melee AI was probably worse than Smash64 AI thanks to the new Aggressiveness and stubborn recoveries programmed into them.

I mean, Ganondur and Falcon UPBing off the edge? >.>

Level 9 Falcos would kill themselves too in Subcon if you stood on the edge of the right part of the stage. Jump, They'd NAir, and fall and simply DIE.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
As for the luigi technique, I don't see a very practical use for it that would outweigh the risks at the moment, but who knows.

The AI discussion has gotten a bit mixed up between characters that SD more frequently and characters that leave themselves more vulnerable in combat (which is why i'm sure ganondorf was mentioned). roy vs. lvl9 jiggs can be won with just the b button. its hard to say which is the worst.

KoalaBear

Smash Apprentice
yoshi has worst ai in game :(, he rolls off and sd faster then i can say supercalifragilicousexpeealladocious

Top Bottom