• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bahamas smash scene thread

abcool

Smash Ace
Wow, what happened to the streams?
D=
Well they rented a venue with no wireless internet, so they are using pb&j cell phone to get net from his 3g network. At first it lagged ten mins behind and was clear, but then Alex strife tried to fix it and then it died. Now we are waiting and heard no word back from them.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yea. So Dr peepee won ROM3. I am really happy for him, because he worked really hard for it and had the hardest opponents to overcome to be where he is. STACK IT UP!! All the way from the Bahamas boards.

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
Yea. So Dr peepee won ROM3. I am really happy for him, because he worked really hard for it and had the hardest opponents to overcome to be where it is. STACK IT UP!! All the way from the Bahamas boards.
yea brooo i agree...but no johnin ..them controllers still was messin me up..but u cant say i wasnt doin some sexy ****

abcool

Smash Ace
yea brooo i agree...but no johnin ..them controllers still was messin me up..but u cant say i wasnt doin some sexy ****
I told you from earlier not to underestimate shard. He rusty, but he is really smart. I have started training him again. I want him to play other ppl besides me. Then, we can hit the controllers again. We are completely different in styles, so i have to help shard in a different fashion, than i would say u or rudra.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I told you from earlier not to underestimate shard. He rusty, but he is really smart. I have started training him again. I want him to play other ppl besides me. Then, we can hit the controllers again. We are completely different in styles, so i have to help shard in a different fashion, than i would say u or rudra.
Let me at him... :)... Abcol so when are we going to have this 1v1 man, when down whenever :):awesome:

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
his samus just as good as yers..he's the best basic player i've fought... but u got him stomped in tech skill...plus for the reason of my mom botherin me, i didnt wan do any warm ups...but it still was a warm up anyways lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
How are you getting there? By plane or bus or something?
driving in a car with some other smashers

Yes. We know and let us know what gone down still. Play hugs and see if he as lucky as u say
lmfao its funny cuz the second i met him he said something like "oh you're jpobs? you think im just lucky huh?" and laughed and we played a few games. He's really chill though. I played him both days actually, he hoenstly beat me the worst out of anyone i played all weekend. I just didnt know wtf to do vs his samus. fun times.

anyway. rundown of my weekend:

I kinda got screwed in pools.
The only person in my pools who i knew was lambchops, he beat me 2-0, it was fun and i actually didnt get destroyed that badly considering i dont like the falco ditto.

Then I played this jigglypuff player. I was really confident going in cuz im good at the fox vs jiggs matchup. First match i got beat pretty badly on FD, i was playing bad and got upthrow rested twice like a scrub. I knew i was beating myself though and i knew i cud beat this guy. second match i went to Pokemon stadium and ***** him.
Last match he counterpicked battlefield. I forget what happened but i went down 2-4 stocks really early and at some point i was down 1-3. But i made a huge comeback and tied it up at 1-1 stocks and took the percent lead. It was pretty hype, there was a number of people watching cuz the set was really good. So last game, last tock, we're both at over 100%.
I had a pretty good read on what he was going to do, i figured he was gonna try to WD backwards to bait me and then do something cuz he'd been doing it all set long, so i ran at him and ran to where i knew he was going to WD back and i threw out a upsmash for the win...
...but it **** phantom hit :glare: and then he fsmash me and i died. everyone who was watching gasped and couldnt believe it, i was ***** pissed. i made a great comeback and everything but lost cuz the game decided to be gay. w/e

after that i already had 2 losses which means i had to win the rest of my matches if i wanted to make it out. I had a really wierd pool tho, so my remaining opponents were a luigi, a samus, and a link.

So i played the samus next. I dont really have any experience in this matchup so i was just doing whatever. i won the first game on FoD as falco. He counterpicked Yoshi's so i switched to fox and lost. then i counterpicked Pokestadium as falco. He went up to a 2-4 stock lead, but i brought it back and basically tied it up at 1-1 high percent. this time though i lost legit, he landed missle or something and i died. it was close though, it could have gone anyway but it is what it is so i wasnt really upset, it happens, he beat me.

at that point i was alrady mathematically eliminated so the rest of my pool i didnt really care about. I played the luigi next and he was actually realy good. he managed to make bracket and got 25th or something so that was impressive. Again i didnt have any luigi experience so he beat me 2-1 basicaly based of my inexperience but i didnt really care. then i beat the link player 2-1 but he used falco the first two games lol

um other than that it was a great experience, i played a bunch of pros and semi-pros and did really well vs pretty much all of them, i could either beat them, or it was really close in all my matches. I didnt play anyone was consistently beating me worst than 2 stocks (other than hugs) so i feel pretty good. I'll train and do better at pound 5.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yea. I was wondering why you didn't make it out. I know Chops was in your pool. When you fight samus never jump into her shield or atleast bait it and just use alot of lasers so she approaches. What to do after that is beyond me. Luigi is kinda simple...camp him to death with falco and jump off the screen and prays its not a missfire so u can slow is momentum down a bit.

Rudra

Smash Ace
When you fight samus never jump into her shield or atleast bait it and just use alot of lasers so she approaches. What to do after that is beyond me.
I was actually able to shield pressure you with Shine Nair before =3 You're right though, you've gotta bait that UpB OoS and punish it.

@ Tris: Dude wow. To make such a sweet comeback and have it wrecked by a phantom? Thats totally lame, but it happens *recalls abcool resting me and getting a phantom hit :bee:*

At least you had a good time and played lots of people. Lets hope we can meet up at #5!
:157:

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
driving in a car with some other smashers

lmfao its funny cuz the second i met him he said something like "oh you're jpobs? you think im just lucky huh?" and laughed and we played a few games. He's really chill though. I played him both days actually, he hoenstly beat me the worst out of anyone i played all weekend. I just didnt know wtf to do vs his samus. fun times.

anyway. rundown of my weekend:

I kinda got screwed in pools.
The only person in my pools who i knew was lambchops, he beat me 2-0, it was fun and i actually didnt get destroyed that badly considering i dont like the falco ditto.

Then I played this jigglypuff player. I was really confident going in cuz im good at the fox vs jiggs matchup. First match i got beat pretty badly on FD, i was playing bad and got upthrow rested twice like a scrub. I knew i was beating myself though and i knew i cud beat this guy. second match i went to Pokemon stadium and ***** him.
Last match he counterpicked battlefield. I forget what happened but i went down 2-4 stocks really early and at some point i was down 1-3. But i made a huge comeback and tied it up at 1-1 stocks and took the percent lead. It was pretty hype, there was a number of people watching cuz the set was really good. So last game, last tock, we're both at over 100%.
I had a pretty good read on what he was going to do, i figured he was gonna try to WD backwards to bait me and then do something cuz he'd been doing it all set long, so i ran at him and ran to where i knew he was going to WD back and i threw out a upsmash for the win...
...but it **** phantom hit :glare: and then he fsmash me and i died. everyone who was watching gasped and couldnt believe it, i was ***** pissed. i made a great comeback and everything but lost cuz the game decided to be gay. w/e

after that i already had 2 losses which means i had to win the rest of my matches if i wanted to make it out. I had a really wierd pool tho, so my remaining opponents were a luigi, a samus, and a link.

So i played the samus next. I dont really have any experience in this matchup so i was just doing whatever. i won the first game on FoD as falco. He counterpicked Yoshi's so i switched to fox and lost. then i counterpicked Pokestadium as falco. He went up to a 2-4 stock lead, but i brought it back and basically tied it up at 1-1 high percent. this time though i lost legit, he landed missle or something and i died. it was close though, it could have gone anyway but it is what it is so i wasnt really upset, it happens, he beat me.

at that point i was alrady mathematically eliminated so the rest of my pool i didnt really care about. I played the luigi next and he was actually realy good. he managed to make bracket and got 25th or something so that was impressive. Again i didnt have any luigi experience so he beat me 2-1 basicaly based of my inexperience but i didnt really care. then i beat the link player 2-1 but he used falco the first two games lol

um other than that it was a great experience, i played a bunch of pros and semi-pros and did really well vs pretty much all of them, i could either beat them, or it was really close in all my matches. I didnt play anyone was consistently beating me worst than 2 stocks (other than hugs) so i feel pretty good. I'll train and do better at pound 5.
Good work buddy :) I'm happy for you, played any good peach players?

abcool

Smash Ace
I was actually able to shield pressure you with Shine Nair before =3 You're right though, you've gotta bait that UpB OoS and punish it.

@ Tris: Dude wow. To make such a sweet comeback and have it wrecked by a phantom? Thats totally lame, but it happens *recalls abcool resting me and getting a phantom hit :bee:*

At least you had a good time and played lots of people. Lets hope we can meet up at #5!
:157:
The reason is because i recently learn to angle my shield and so it shouldn't work now. We'll have to test that theory.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
your marth is really good, i have you to thank, becuz if it wasn't for you i would be really noob with that match up. even though you 3-0'd my peach with your samus, i didnt think i did anything wrong you just out played me, good job dude :):)... thx for the tips as well, i'll work on stuff gotta get ready for P5

JPOBS

Smash Hero
im at university of western ontario in canada

also, i may go to another, smaller american tourny next weekend idk yet tho

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Phh i played dasy today, shes still go it guys watch the fukOut =D and she said she down to play you guys, lets do this, woow shes super smart!! <3 her

JPOBS

Smash Hero
went to another american tourny this weekend.

idk how many people were there prolly like 50-60 or something.

i was in a pool of 6. i destroyed 2 guys, and lost to a marth and a falcon. i almost lost to this sheik/fox player. First game i ***** his sheik so bad as falco so he switched to fox and went to stadium. i stayed falco. First stock, i forget what happened but something really gay happened and i died at like 12% so he had a early lead and i couldnt make a comeback. 3rd game i went back to stadium as falco and i think i jv 2 stocked him or one stock low percent. so i ended up getting 3rd seed.

i made bracket, i think i got like 25th or 17th i dont know until results come out.

I lost my first match in bracket vs a falcon both games with the guy at over 120% cuz i messed up my edgeguarding. I was fox. First match on BF i tried to downsmash his sweetspot upb but it missed and i got ledgehop kneed and died.

Second match i counterpicked yoshis and was kinda getting off, but at the end i was at like 40ish n dhe was at 120 or so, and he was recovery on the left side and i grabbed the ledge and he was gonna die for sure, but randall was there and i knew he was going to go for randall but i hesitated for a split second, then went for a bair to try to knock him off randall but i missed fell and had to use my firefox so he jumped off randall and stompd me for the win lol. In hindsight i should have shot my UpB to the left so he missed and SD'd instead of trying to go up, that would have been smart. i wasnt mad or anything though, both games were hella close and i coulda won but it didnt work out.

then i had to play a friend of mine in first round losers which is gay cuz when you travel to out of country tournies you shouldnt have to play ur friends. i beat him but it was gay.

then i played a marth and he beat me 2-0, he was pretty good i deserved to lose.

other than that it was pretty good. we also did a canada vs US crew battle and i got ***** so bad lol. i went in vs a falcon when he only had one stock and he took 3 stocks before i killed him lolol.

imma **** you guys so bad when i get back lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
im happy about thee vids im seeing in my youtube subs.

i havent seen any of em yet, but the fact that theres names i dont recognize is good news, means you guys got some new players involved. thats good.

edit:i have a lot of stuff i wanna say to the new guys from watching thier matches. hopefully i get a chance to play some of them over xmas

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
im happy about thee vids im seeing in my youtube subs.

i havent seen any of em yet, but the fact that theres names i dont recognize is good news, means you guys got some new players involved. thats good.

edit:i have a lot of stuff i wanna say to the new guys from watching thier matches. hopefully i get a chance to play some of them over xmas
Hmmm, weird... i think you know them u__u

abcool

Smash Ace
Nope. Just some friendlies and testing on dual commentary. Yep, no one new, all ppl you have met an played before. I mean some of them you don't know, but they don't come to tourneys for some reason.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yes. The power ranking tourney. Also the best team competition. I wanna hold both. When are you coming?

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Guys id we're going to Pound 5, we really need to get this **** together... Alex are you going?... Rudra isn't sure, and I'm so there, but you guys know me i hate going like to places alone i need someone to tag along with me, this should be mad fun win or lose its all about the fun, Im so ready for this, Ohh i'm going to Fl in Jan, ro met some friends an play melee...N.O.O.B i'll most likely go to that, 3 days is all i need :)

abcool

Smash Ace
Guys id we're going to Pound 5, we really need to get this **** together... Alex are you going?... Rudra isn't sure, and I'm so there, but you guys know me i hate going like to places alone i need someone to tag along with me, this should be mad fun win or lose its all about the fun, Im so ready for this, Ohh i'm going to Fl in Jan, ro met some friends an play melee...N.O.O.B i'll most likely go to that, 3 days is all i need :)
I have no money. I won't be going. I thought daisey usually go to tournaments with u?

Top Bottom