• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bahamas smash scene thread

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
are u still going to pound?
I really want too... but things are looking bad but still good in a way, i just got a job an if i could get days off i'll go but i dont wanna go alone and dasy has to go with me or im not going, but we'll see :cool:

Rudra

Smash Ace
I got some good news and some bad news:

Good: Turns out that COB does have a Gamer's Club. Its starting this Thursday @ 2 in room F1.

Bad: I cant go because I have to work till 4...

Is Rox or Roboid able to attend to see what this group's like?

abcool

Smash Ace
I got some good news and some bad news:

Good: Turns out that COB does have a Gamer's Club. Its starting this Thursday @ 2 in room F1.

Bad: I cant go because I have to work till 4...

Is Rox or Roboid able to attend to see what this group's like?
That is awesome news man. I'll have to txt craig and tell him chec it out or see if rox is up for it

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
why don't you guys see my technical skill with peach, i wanna u guys try to be as fast as my peach an do the technical skill stuff i do then we'll talk, my fox is technical too Btw... sucks I've been winning **** an doing pretty good in teams an stuff... P,s i have technical skill Btw watch my vids an see them

My combo vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7VTRecGl8M

Rudra

Smash Ace
Project M on Wifi s hilarious.
I cant wait to play with you guys in person with this X3
:157:

abcool

Smash Ace
Well, a few annoucements to make. First and formost.

1) I will not be growing the scene anymore. I will only focus on the already good players.
2) The tourney in march may be my last tournament.
3) I will not be beating myself up over anyones attendance, if you don't show up **** you!
4) The scene is not active simply because we are playing project M and ride is another issue and a place to play.

Rudra

Smash Ace
So, now that the issue's coming to a close...When in this month is the tournament? Will there be a PM side tournament as well?

abcool

Smash Ace
The tourney won't be huge or anything like before. I'll post it up at around midterm break so atleast some ppl can come if they want to. This is for all the vets though. I'll talk to aiki about it and give u guys a heads up.

We'll be playing project M also. maybe on the 3 t.v if we even decide to have more than 2

Rudra

Smash Ace
Okay...also, what's aiki saying about PM? I've been wondering why we havent had any OL matches with him.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Well, a few annoucements to make. First and formost.

1) I will not be growing the scene anymore. I will only focus on the already good players.
2) The tourney in march may be my last tournament.
3) I will not be beating myself up over anyones attendance, if you don't show up **** you!
4) The scene is not active simply because we are playing project M and ride is another issue and a place to play.
tell em... =D

abcool

Smash Ace
Anyway, guys time to wrap this **** up. I am gonna officially quit smash competitively. I kinda just hate putting so much time into a useless idea. Ever since kye went through his situation and everyone just took other things as a priority over this, i just realised it's no longer a benefitting idea, but a time consumer. I feel like i am wasting, not just my life, but the lives of others that play this game, when they could be doing something PRODUCTIVELY better.

Well anyway. It's done, T.I.R My second crew, it's been gold man, you guys have been with me since like 06..when i thought no one could replace my old crew you guys did more than that, you become more than a replacement, you become a brand new team with different personalities and potential. Love you guys.

Anyway, the 26th of March. It's Call LBS(Last Bahamian Smash) I probably won't be able to keep in contact with some of you, so you guys need to just stay focused on your future. This game is just holding all of us back IMO. I am not going to change my mind at all. I'll still play smash, but as far as getting better, growing the scene, bringing everyone together and just anything dealing with going out of my way from a casual standpoint is not gonna happen.

We had some good memories, but it is done. See you guys at the tourney. As for sinji you can visit if you wanna, we'll play...if anything..just don't waste all your time going out of your way, if you feel it's gonna be all for nothing.

Jamaica's scene is officially dead and now so is the bahamas. Who else is left is another story. This game is just a huge waste of time to me. It's not benefitting anyone in any sense of the word, besides being a fun casual game for entertainment purposes. If you don't live in The states, canada or europe, this game is NOT for you.

Shouts out to the smash scene aswell, you guys are good and were fun just keeping it all alive, but it's time to just move on. Hope you guys just have great lives and futures. Well, idk if this thread is gonna get closed, but it's kinda pointless after the 26th of march..

JPOBS

Smash Hero
dude alex why are you so dramatic?

you're saying stuff like the game is holding you back. but like...its just a game, if you don't wanna play it then don't but you're being overly dramatic in saying that its holding you back and stuff, its not that serious. play it if you enjoy it, and if its a hassel then don't.

abcool

Smash Ace
dude alex why are you so dramatic?

you're saying stuff like the game is holding you back. but like...its just a game, if you don't wanna play it then don't but you're being overly dramatic in saying that its holding you back and stuff, its not that serious. play it if you enjoy it, and if its a hassel then don't.
Honestly, the game is holding me back. I am not being overly dramatic at all. I even lost hundreds of dollars investing into the game, almost like every tourney i held. Most To"s nowadays make a sort of profit from it. It's wasted my time, finding new players, training new players and just keeping everyone in the loop. It's not the game ya know, it's the competitive aspect of it. That is why i stated, i'll play it casually..taking it to the level i have it at now is just not gonna happen.

Edit: To put it in the simplest term. I can't just stop playing the game and not tell anyway, EVERYONE calls my phone asking when we are gonna have a gathering or gonna play.. I am the TO here so, if i wanna quit or stop playing i have to let everyone know that *hey i am out of the loop* That is why i went through all the explaining, so one day when i wake up i don't hear my phone going off asking when we all gonna meet up.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
oh i see. nvm then.

for what its worth, most TOs don't make any money from hosting. they mostly hope to break even at best. its almost entirely a charity to the community pretty much everywhere.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I finally found this thread. I knew there waz a Bahamas thread but but i couldn't find it.

abcool

Smash Ace
Honestly idk, so many ppl come an go, but as of now; i'd say 6 left. 2 are in canada atm. They need to post wether they will still be active or not.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think Cross has a friend that lives in Canada. He says that he's a sheik player.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Question. Are their any other smash communities in the Caribbean besides Bahamas and Jamaica?

Yeah, plenty.

I'm a part of Puerto Rico's smash scene. I know for a fact that there are scenes in the Dominican Republic and in Cuba, and most likely a whole bunch of other places.

abcool

Smash Ace
If no bahamian player wants to monitor this thread after the 26th, you guys can turn it into a carribbean thread.

abcool

Smash Ace
I started the bahamas smash community. Everything you see or know about smash here pretty much started from my interest in the game. It started back in march of 2006. Around the time i first got the internet..i thought i was the best because i used to beat some of my friends(Which is my old crew) I then discovered youtube and wanted to see how americans would stand up to my style of playing.

The first matches i ever saw was ken vs bombsolider i believe and then, i started to watch some old MLG matches(Which was new at the time) with teams and singles. I looked through the comments and everyone was explaining that slide technique called wavedashing..i then started to practice it, it was hard, but i was determined to learn it. I then learned most other techniques through youtube comments, until i stumbled upon the WAK ADVANCED HOW TO PLAY VID. I mastered all the rest of the techs after that.

Anyway, after awhile of mastering my techniques. I (kinda like pokemon* along with my first ever crew T.I.R the first generation, set out on a journey to start playing alot of different ppl, since that was the general consensus on how to get better at the time. I beat some guy from my school, graduated...met harry aka shin and his team. After seeing him comment on the same youtube vid i trained off of, an that is where i had my first defeat. I trained my *** off and went back and beat him...after that it was like rival crews. I got shounenkel and dee and shins team really serious about melee, but they all kinda trained themselves.

A local gamestore opened up around by the mall. My mind was dead set on finding a challenge there. I destroy everyone i came in contact with...everyone knew me as the best in smash at that point. I gained respect and some hate, which is fine by me. I trained every new person that found interest in the community and i pretty much did ok for awhile. My crew first generation was splitting up though, everyone was gonna be busy in the coming years, either with going off to school or finding work. I was in a technical college at the time, so i made a new crew 2nd generation T.I.R.

Anyway, all in all there is alot more to it, but yes, everyone u see i gathered and trained 80% of them or sparked the interest in the game. Some came already good, but found the community through me. I typed all of this because well, i am leaving the scene and yea lol...memories XD.

abcool

Smash Ace
Nice to know that you are still training regardless of the situation. My tourney will be this saturday and i know it's impossible for you to make it to that one. umm, if you got facebook let me know.

abcool

Smash Ace
you guys are havign a tourny this saturday? cool

wish i could be there.
Yeh. It's my last one i am holding just to close things on my end. Hopefully it happans. Will all the crazy murders going on funerals popping up like mad. I'll post the results regardless of whether it happens or not.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Yeh. It's my last one i am holding just to close things on my end. Hopefully it happans. Will all the crazy murders going on funerals popping up like mad. I'll post the results regardless of whether it happens or not.
wait really? what murders?

abcool

Smash Ace
wait really? what murders?
Dude. You really need to talk with ya family back home more often. We already hit almost 30 murders for the yr. Kel little cousin got caught in a shootout, so he has a funeral to attend on saturday. Police have been patrolling like mad. Alot fo houses getting set on fire..plenty ****...bodies being discovered in bushes..7 deaths in 7 days..Call home and ask about it.

Top Bottom