• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bair is underpowered - Puff Social/Disc Thread

idea

Smash Master
1. yeah reverse fairs would have helped him at a few points, but his edgeguarding wasn't like, awful. and kk specifically is good at hitting me when i forfeit ledge invincibility, and part of sheik's up-b is invincible, so that reverse fair thing isn't as good vs. sheik as it would be vs., say, fox.
2. dsmash counters jiggs' crouch. i wanted to tell dogysamich that in the commentary but i don't know to transcend time and space.
3. lol i totally would have guessed 1 hour 15 minutes if you had asked me after the set how long it was. really, i had that number in mind.
4. camp yl on dreamland, approach him where possible, imo

hbox, i try to defend against claims like "all he does is bair"...but that set with KK doesn't help :laugh: but hey, it worked.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, well sheik is like the only high tier character where that works

Doing nothing but bairs, that is.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
ya it was so fun listening to dogysamich say 'i dont wanna say hbox camps but ALL HE DOES IS BAIR' while hbox was not even throwing any bairs out against foxes and ****. that was awesome. love this community.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I enjoy fighting puffs who think that only bairing is the answer. Usually they are very easy to beat.

idea

Smash Master
i noticed at apex that for some reason americans get hit by more bairs than canadians :p like i would hit one bair then start doing that double bair thing until they shielded it, and they'd take 3 or 4 hits before it stopped working. they'd keep trying to jump out of shield or dash as though i wasn't going to bair again...

edit: actually that might not be fair...americans get hit by more moves in general :p

Tekk

Smash Lord
Just got home from TSL:RISE!, a rather big french national: about 60 people including pretty much every top french player.
Went 5th in singles and 3rd in doubles (teamed with porc).
Rather dissapointing performances if you ask me, but no johns, next time will be better.

Videos (with hype!) & photos will be up soon.

leffen

Smash Champion
^damn, I should've come and take that free moneh... I had no idea french nationals had 60 ppl for melee lol (considering how ryanair flights cost like 5euro both ways)

How big is ESA gonna be do you predict?

Tekk

Smash Lord
You can't fly to Lyon with ryanair directly, you'd have to fly to paris, then take a train to Lyon; which would cost you like 80 more euros minimum.

ESA will most likely be huge, I can't say how huge yet tho.
But foreigners should definetely come. :)

PS: you wouldn't have won TSL:R... Or at least not as easily as you think you'd have. ;D

leffen

Smash Champion
Who won? Baxon? I'd definitely stomp him, you, cyr and whatever baguettelovingmadmen you got stored ;D Looking forward to playing you guys heh
Where is ESA?

Tekk

Smash Lord
1st Salepate
2nd Cyr
3rd Baxon
4th porc
5th Aether/me

ESA is in Villejuif, nearby Paris, so you shouldn't have any problems flying there with Ryanair.
You can be sure we'll give you a good match.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
That's kinda funny cuz I know Baxon and Salepate but don't know Cyr >_>;

Then again Salepate came to Washington one time haha.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I should try to secondary puff. Because I love gimping. ;3

idea

Smash Master
grab falco bthrow off stage full hop dair ??? profit
yeah they always do that. whenever i play a falco for the first time (with jiggs) this is the first thing i try after a bthrow. works pretty often. if they go low right away it suggests they know the matchup and that i should take that into account...

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah they always do that. whenever i play a falco for the first time (with jiggs) this is the first thing i try after a bthrow. works pretty often. if they go low right away it suggests they know the matchup and that i should take that into account...
haha i mean it does **** with jiggs too but it ***** with doc which was what i was after in that post

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What if falco just immediately DJs dairs, trades with 1 hit of the dair, and then grabs the edge?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey, do you guys practice alot as puff? I have wondered about that. Because I go and say "Ok maybe I should practice as puff... wait... what should I practice?"

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
I don't practice much, 20 minutes a day max against a lvl 4 fox on Battlefield. I practice wavedashing everywhere, dair l cancels, jab reset->rest, and then platform rests. My latest project is trying dair->rest, but it's pretty hard and I'm not sure if it would work reliably against good people.

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
haha i mean it does **** with jiggs too but it ***** with doc which was what i was after in that post
yeah i know :p

Hey, do you guys practice alot as puff? I have wondered about that. Because I go and say "Ok maybe I should practice as puff... wait... what should I practice?"
no. but then, i don't really practice at all anymore...not very fun and i have lots of opportunities to play real people in my area.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hi. I only main doc.

What should I practice/keep in mind with Jiggs to be able to use her in tourny THIS WEEKEND : D

When is it a good time to be able to use a secondary in tourny... because right now I wouldn't use any other char in tourny besides doc... that's how... stuck I am xD

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Why do you guys like Dreamland? It doesn't seem like you get any other buffs besides being able to live a bit longer. But you can get camped so hard on a stage like that, and I don't know that Puff has amazing anti-camp tools.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff is an amazing camper but also gets camped herself.
I tend to beat a lot of people on Dreamland somehow and then get ***** on other stages.
For example getting a stock lead against someone and camping the top platforms makes it hard for them to catch you. You also live so long and unlike most characters you will always make it back. Fox doesn't give a **** if he survives when he is a mile away from the ledge.

@Hbox: Any idea what else to do in dittos except just kicking the air? There must be some tricks I'm not aware of...

@ppl: When is it possible to jump out of Foxs uthrow -> uair?

Massive

Smash Champion
Why do you guys like Dreamland? It doesn't seem like you get any other buffs besides being able to live a bit longer. But you can get camped so hard on a stage like that, and I don't know that Puff has amazing anti-camp tools.
Dreamland is my least favorite stage.

I play a lot of Falcons and Foxes who love the extra runnin' around room (it's arguably Darkrain's favorite stage).

It is probably the best counterpick stage vs marth though.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I just wanted to say that I want to MM everybody in this thread at some point in the future. :D

Top Bottom