• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bair is underpowered - Puff Social/Disc Thread

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Mahone, did you go to art school?
Edit: Captain Falcon boards don't have a social thread
But I guess Jiggs mains can appreciate how nobody loves Fox :)

Mahone

Smash Champion
ahah nice, i made 2 more pics for people in skype... the first one is a quote shrouded made in skype that i thought was really epic

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I will eventually liven up your boring Skype discussions with my nonsense bull****. Just you wait.

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
in case you hadn't heard, diablo 3 open beta all weekend.
I DID hear
I probably won't have time for it though... this weekend's packed for me
Tonight is Melee with a friend until Friday Night Magic, then sleep till noon, then get ready for high school senior prom, then high school senior prom, then crawl home and become presentable, tutor and go out for dinner with my family and grandmother who is in town :/

It's weird cus usually my weekend can be summarized with just the first part... "Tonight is Melee."
lol
Oh well, I'm getting Diablo 3 for free on release anyway thanks to the WoW annual pass. Tell me how it is =D

idea

Smash Master
lol i'm glad i checked this, i'd already forgotten about it and it's after 3 now :D

my prom was hilarious, it was at the "Ontario Science Centre" and no one took it seriously at all

edit: "The servers are busy at this time"

GOD DAMMIT INTERNET

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol idea wtf?

how is that a thing? I've got prom at the end of June and i'm not really looking forward to it so much as going to a cottage with a bunch of stupid teenagers.

Massive

Smash Champion
PROMs or "Programmable Read-Only Memory" modules were pretty common in my last job. The girl bits just stand on the other side of the wafer waiting for the male bits to do something, both sides reticent to react until the whole room becomes charged.

God I'm a nerd.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Hey Puffs.... Can anyone tell me how to properly DI Marth's stupid Grab > Fthrow > Grab > Fthrow > Fsmash thing? and If i don't DI properly how to safely return to the ground without getting smacked in the face?

and also how to properly approach Sheik when she's spamming needles, ftilt, and fair? Is it better not to approach?

Thanks guys, You = The Best <3

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^On all? I thought at low percents you should DI in for fthrow and eat the weak fsmash and out at high percents.

Also, front page has good stuff on avoiding needling sheiks.

Metà

Smash Master
ok at low percents yeah, i forgot to mention that. but DI down is the best option most of the time, especially when you're not sure which throw he's going to use. in general, I never DI towards, because there's a chance he'll mix it up by doing a throw I don't expect, so I either DI up or down

i have terrible reaction time :<

Mahone

Smash Champion
whats wrong with di down AND away, i always do that and it seems to work...

except sometimes i like up and away, cuz di down and away will send u under stage and then marth will get stupid tippers cuz ur under it

idea

Smash Master
yeah that's good too, just, the priority is to usually go down to either tech onstage or get below the stage + out of tipper range

mm we really need someone to figure out what to do at specific percentages...it makes a big difference.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'm not following you guys anymore. Get below the stage? Are we at the ledge now? although I suppose di down isn't situational if it gets you below or in a tech position so that makes sense. Can you really SDI and tech an f-smash on the floor though? I thought that was called impossible DI...because you can't do it.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, if you're on stage, DIing down lets you tech quickly (and not get tippered). if you're offstage, DIing down pulls you below the stage (and away from tipper). but at some percents it combos when you go offstage anyway 'cause you can't go far enough below the stage in time...but again, these things change a lot depending on your percentage.

but like, IN GENERAL, DI down + a bit away is the best option most often.

Mahone

Smash Champion
its like, at mid-high percents, if marth fthrows u and you di down/down+away, i find that sometimes you end up next to the edge, such that the top of your head is level with the ground (you are just offstage) and then if marth fsmashes, he gets that bottom tipper.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
I heard from OkamiBW that lots of Marths (specifically mentioning Zhu) do that dribble routine with the combo of Bthrows and Fthrows. and to always DI away? Even if I smash my control stick it always seems to lead to a regrab or tip.

So From what it sounds like Down + away is the best option at low %s?

Thanks everyone for their responses :)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If that's in response to me, I was confused because i thought they were talking about diing the fsmash at that point. All cleared up now :)

:phone:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yo mahone i thought you had given up on talking about smash ..did you find your faith in humanity again?

Mahone

Smash Champion
naw, i talk about it when i'm bored... its just different irl, cuz id rather be playing, especially since its so rare when i get to play

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
DIing down is ok if the marth doesn't know how to pivot his fsmashes.

Otherwise, like what everyone else said, down and away is the best. The only problem is, you have to predict whether the marth is going to use forward throw or down throw.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
DIing down is ok if the marth doesn't know how to pivot his fsmashes.

Otherwise, like what everyone else said, down and away is the best. The only problem is, you have to predict whether the marth is going to use forward throw or down throw.
I feel like I get tipper'd by fsmash from bthrow (DIing down and away at low percent) even if the marth doesn't pivot...

I never really predict the throw. I just react as soon as I see the animation startup

Mahone

Smash Champion
his throws are hella fast though...

i hate how all other puff players have like 10x faster reaction time than me

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
loool but you are a bright pink ball and when you start to move one way, then you know you keep DIing that way (and down).

My reaction time is not too great. The more I rest tho, the better my reaction gets. Also, helps to play fox and mix-up shield pressure

Top Bottom