• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balance Patch 1.0.6 Notes

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
There hasn't been phantom lag since the previous balance patch. That includes specials.
I can confirm there is a slight decrease on the start up for leaf shield throw.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
can somebody test the knockback angle/distance of fair before and after patch?
I may be fooling myself, but I hit it a few times this morning and it definitely felt more horizontal to me.

Fully aware this may be placebo, but if the knockback were changed to more horizontal, this would be a fairly significant edgeguarding buff for us, considering fair's range/priority.

I'll test it tonight on non-updated 3DS vs updated Wii U if nothing else.

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Is glide tossing still in? I also hear he can do a fair fair bair combo, not sure if that's true or not.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
There hasn't been phantom lag since the previous balance patch. That includes specials.
I can confirm there is a slight decrease on the start up for leaf shield throw.
nope, sorry but I've both patches right now in two different wii us, and phantom lag after rush still existed if you used special moves. Only A moves got rid of the phantom lag, test it and you will see that. (Now every single move gets rid of it)
Leaf shield confirmed to be faster than previous patch if you throw it. Now you can short hop and throw it to have a different distance, any one who doesn't notice this changes doesn't play megaman too often.

Last edited:

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
Is glide tossing still in? I also hear he can do a fair fair bair combo, not sure if that's true or not.
Glide tossing definitely still in. I think the fair fair bair combo was just a funny post on a Marth section of the reddit community patch notes thread.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
It can still be done ut is harder (the instabounce) THE BEST THING IS WE DON'T GET PHANTOM LAG IF WE CANCEL RUSH LANDING LAG WITH B MOVES! NOW EVERYTHING GETS RID OF PHANTOM LAG! NOT JUST A MOVES! SO LEAF SHIELD CAN BE USED AFTER RUSH TO CANCEL LAG AND THEN JUMP WITHOUT GETTING LAG AGAIN!
Also yes! leaf shield is faster! we can short hop leaf throw and it will go a higher distance than throwing it without short hop!
Um, what? B moves seem to function the exact same way as before. UpB still results in landing lag unless you replace it with an A move's landing lag or another B move's animation. I'm not seeing any differences here.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
remember the phantom lag that applied to the NEXT jump after landing with a nair after an upB?

That was patched out with the previous patch, but it still happened with special moves at times. This patch has apparently fixed it, which is good... should mean no more phantom adder lag at all.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
remember the phantom lag that applied to the NEXT jump after landing with a nair after an upB?

That was patched out with the previous patch, but it still happened with special moves at times. This patch has apparently fixed it, which is good... should mean no more phantom adder lag at all.
exactly, now we can use the leaf shield after a rush ignoring the lag completly and then go, chase our oponent and jump without consequences.

Um, what? B moves seem to function the exact same way as before. UpB still results in landing lag unless you replace it with an A move's landing lag or another B move's animation. I'm not seeing any differences here.
The phantom lag you got after using up b, then canceling the lag with a b move. After that if you jump you still got a phantom lag unless you used an a move, that was the only way to cancel the lag. Now we can ignore the phantom lag completly even if we use special moves.

Last edited:

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
I was just doing it and there was no lag. Make a video.
If you use a special move after your up b you cancel the lag but it's not gone. Next time you jump the phantom lag will still happen and the only way to cancel that prior this patch was with an A move. Now even if we use a b move to cancel the rush lag, it won't come back.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I can't wait to get home to confirm these! I love the idea of LS being able to be thrown sooner! :D

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
If you use a special move after your up b you cancel the lag but it's not gone. Next time you jump the phantom lag will still happen and the only way to cancel that prior this patch was with an A move. Now even if we use a b move to cancel the rush lag, it won't come back.
I know what you're talking about but it is not present in the update previous to the latest one. I'm doing it right now.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
after messing with it this morning, Leaf shield throw might be actually useful as another projectile. (yay!)

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Hey people, is Mega's UAir tornado feel any different to anybody?
As far as I know, Uair hasn't canged at all. Its windboxes are still wonky as ever XD
But the weird thing is that I went directly on FG after the update and didn't feel anything different about thrown LSs...
Time to practice ( in the lab of course :-p ).

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
If you short hop throw you will end up throwing it before you hit the ground in the newest version
If you do this on the previous one it wont be thrown until you are on the ground. Its there its just not an insane change.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Huh.

I've noticed that when I foxtrot forward and grab, all characters boost forward into a dash grab.

Also, when I smash down on the control stick and hit z to grab, I get a dsmash.

I dunno if these are new mechanics or if I'm just noticing them now...

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
TheReflexWonder said:
I'm hearing from multiple reliable Mega Man sources that the final hit of U-Air appears to send people higher at first glance. This is almost certainly a buff in base knockback and is likely accompanied with a knockback growth nerf to balance it out.

In the previous version, everything but the final hit was fixed knockback, while the final hit had pitiful BKB and obscene KBG--

tl;dr--Low-percent Mega Man falling U-Air -> jumping U-Air combos aren't really a thing anymore, but the increased BKB likely means KOs at lower percents will work when you catch people high up.
Test?

The only 2 Mega Man specific things that are possibly changed are this and the leaf shield throwing. If we could specify exactly how leaf shield is different ("faster ___") that would probably help clear up the confusion.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
I fooled around with it last night, and Megaman seems relatively the same.

I noticed my up-air did one more damage than usual, but that may be a character specific thing.

Also, I tested this...

Patched U-smash in training mode killed Fox at 110 on FD. (Wii-U)
Un-patched U-smashed in training mode did not kill fox at 110 on FD (3DS)

Can someone check?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
blast zones are different between the 2 versions, unfortunately... makes all this testing harder.

currently trying to figure out a way to test knockback angles between the 2 versions.

I will say that every patch that comes out, somebody thinks uair has changed... my theory is this is caused by the overall weird knockback and function of the move.

In like 6 matches of testing earlier, uair felt the same to me. I'm not saying it's impossible that the move was changed, but I take this info with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
blast zones are different between the 2 versions, unfortunately... makes all this testing harder.

currently trying to figure out a way to test knockback angles between the 2 versions.

I will say that every patch that comes out, somebody thinks uair has changed... my theory is this is caused by the overall weird knockback and function of the move.

In like 6 matches of testing earlier, uair felt the same to me. I'm not saying it's impossible that the move was changed, but I take this info with a grain of salt.
Yeah that's what I figured...

I need to find out how to test this.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
TheReflexWonder said:
tl;dr--Low-percent Mega Man falling U-Air -> jumping U-Air combos aren't really a thing anymore, but the increased BKB likely means KOs at lower percents will work when you catch people high up.

Training mode > fixed camera on battle field. Should help.

Uair seemed the same to me too. Killed when I expected it to in training, and I did z-drop metal blade > falling uair > z-drop>uair on falcon and that felt the same.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd say test kill %'s against those listed here: http://smashboards.com/threads/super-fighting-robot-mega-man-base-moveset-guide-directory.368806/

I believe these were tested against the default mii... @ --- --- can you confirm?
Default Mii, Omega Pac Maze, center stage.

Not sure if I would trust those %s, but then again it's tough to get an accurate measure on anything. "shrugs"

Have been talking with Indigo Jeans about this for the next guide update in a couple days. Sorry if I'm not much help.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I can confirm dsmash sweetspot, usmash, dtilt sweet and sourspot, utilt sweet spot, metal blades, forward air tipper and early hit, dair, bair, leaf shield leaves, and ice slasher are unchanged with regards to damage.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The glitch that causes doubled Danger Wrap and Ice Slasher is still in. It seems easier to perform with Ice Slasher (from a short hop). Or maybe it was always easier to do with IS than with DW.

Also Ice Slasher damage is less than 4%. Two of them cause 7% damage, not 8%. Not 100% sure if that's a change either, both of my versions are already patched so I can't check.

Ignore that, accidentally had a custom CPU in Training Mode.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
The glitch that causes doubled Danger Wrap and Ice Slasher is still in. It seems easier to perform with Ice Slasher (from a short hop). Or maybe it was always easier to do with IS than with DW.

Also Ice Slasher damage is less than 4%. Two of them cause 7% damage, not 8%. Not 100% sure if that's a change either, both of my versions are already patched so I can't check.
i've been getting out ice slasher more consitently now, and the timing to it is firing it right before you reach your apex of your short hop. im gonna try danger wrap now/ you gpt 8%? training mode says i get 9%

edit: ive been getting 8-9% now. i think there's a .3% or something

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
i've been getting out ice slasher more consitently now, and the timing to it is firing it right before you reach your apex of your short hop.
Yeah, I had figured out that it's around the apex of the short hop, but I wasn't completely sure if it was slightly before or at it. It's very tight timing on DW, I get it a lot more on IS (i.e. it would happen fairly often even when I wasn't concentrating on doing it).
im gonna try danger wrap now/ you gpt 8%? training mode says i get 9%

edit: ive been getting 8-9% now. i think there's a .3% or something
Not sure if you're asking about DW or IS.

You know what - I just realized what happened. I didn't make sure I picked the CPU character, so it probably had buffed defense. Ignore that bit before!

Nevertheless, double DW and IS are still very much a thing.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So, leaf shield change. And no more phantom lag.

Ice slasher is unchanged.

Hey, whoever asked about Mega Man Ice Slasher: I forgot to post, but I just went and reconfirmed it's the same. Same distance, travel speed, hitboxes, ect.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
i found a new tech (well an alternative tech) with the A+B configuration for controls for megaman. it's alot easier to do perfect pivot f smash attacks with A+B. you do the usual perfect pivot, but this time hold A+ B, and you got it! i get the a+b perfect pivot easier than the regular a perfect pivot

the regular perfect pivot sometimes makes me throw out lemons than f smash. a+b is solid at least i think so

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
i found a new tech (well an alternative tech) with the A+B configuration for controls for megaman. it's alot easier to do perfect pivot f smash attacks with A+B. you do the usual perfect pivot, but this time hold A+ B, and you got it! i get the a+b perfect pivot easier than the regular a perfect pivot

the regular perfect pivot sometimes makes me throw out lemons than f smash. a+b is solid at least i think so
And it lets you do PP Smashes when your C-stick is set to tilt!

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
And it lets you do PP Smashes when your C-stick is set to tilt!
yep, that's right. i mapped my controls to make L to perform A attacks
and Z to perform B attacks
when you hold them together, then c stick and move stick in opposite directions, you can perfect pivot so easy

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
What's the point of perfect pivot fsmash, though? I feel like Kara Fsmash is much easier to do and accomplishes the same thing.

Does this trick work for dsmash too, or just fsmash?

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
perfect pivot smash is great when your opp is gonna land on stage, and you need that perfect pivot space to get a fsmash on them.

well, it depends on your playstyle for ease of use. i notice its easier for me, cuz my thumb is always in the a+b+x+y area of my gamecube controller. so having a perfect pivot f smash so close to these buttons makes it easier for me to act out of it.

nope, it doesnt work on dsmash.

btw, can anyone confirm this? i copy pasted the stuff below from the balance updates in smash 4 reddit.
  • Ice Slasher custom fires faster and fires at the peak of your short hop instead of slightly later
  • Leaf Shield (Down-B throw) reduced start lag, increased end lag
  • RCO (Up-B) issues removed

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Comparing Mega Man in this update compared to the last one, he's gotten a couple of buffs. Upon first using him in 1.06, I noticed that the throwing of the Leaf Shield is a lot faster, which is awesome since I feel the Leaf Shield is an underrated move, Shadow Blade goes further, and Ice Slasher fires faster. At first I thought the Crash Bomber was slower, but comparing my brother's 1.05 game, the Crash Bomber's speed hasn't changed. Can someone confirm if Air Shooter can kill earlier (I've been reading this thread for a while) and if the pummel is faster? I'm glad Mega Man wasn't nerfed in anyway, and I'm happy that he got some decent buffs. :)

Top Bottom