• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Version 2 Release

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I can say that i'll have it out by the end of the month. At the moment i have a lot of stuff going on with college finals this week but it's is 98% dne only thing i'm doing now is slight tweaks and aesthetic changes to things like the menu and such hopefully people like what I've done once it's out.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
I can say that i'll have it out by the end of the month. At the moment i have a lot of stuff going on with college finals this week but it's is 98% dne only thing i'm doing now is slight tweaks and aesthetic changes to things like the menu and such hopefully people like what I've done once it's out.
so what changes did u do? like what did u do to mario?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well first and foremost, i've increased the hitstun a tad. it went from brawl's 0.4% hitstun to 0.5% hitstun which does make a difference in how it plays in the long run. Every character has seen changes and universally every character has had their aerials landing lag frames refined to bette suit their overall all aerial moveset. i also did what project m did where they removed the 2-3 frames of controller input lag, basically you can think of brawl EX as me attempting to compile some good things from other past mods together to make brawl more enjoyable. Though i made sure to not make it feel like an inferior version of melee or something that's trying to rip off project M but rather something that feels like a reworked version of brawl.

Mario specifically also can like in balance brawl wall jump out of up-b and his fair was buffed just like in balanced brawl, only difference is the sweetspot has been adjusted so that it comes out after mario starts the initial swing of his arm rather than the start of the swing and the sweetspot also got a tad smaller. He also can shoot cancel out of his aerial fireball ending lag loosen than in normal brawl.

metaknight, has been nerfed, but like in balanced brawl his dimensional cape was changed but i buffed it's KO power, MK's dsmash has cooldown as does his other moves to compensate for there quick startup time, and his shuttle loop now pops opponents upward when used in the air just like grounded shuttle loop which can act as a combo finisher off the top, nado pops opponents out of it like balanced brawl but to a lesser extent.

The full list of changes with the rest of the casts changes will come with the DL link when i post it on smashboards later this month. I was hoping we'd get a public release of the clone engine used in project M for regular brawl because i had ideas for roy/mewtwo and a couple other characters for B:EX but maybe down the road when such an option is available i'll do something.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not sure about ASL sending opponents upwards (current MK metagame also includes chasing the opponent at very top of the screen).
IMO, BBrawl's ASL was awesome.
Same with his Dsmash, it's ridiculous fast but at least didn't kill well in BBrawl bar terrible DI.

But still, I'll wait to see what you've done and try it myself, I applaud your initiative and hope the best for the project!

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
well first and foremost, i've increased the hitstun a tad. it went from brawl's 0.4% hitstun to 0.5% hitstun which does make a difference in how it plays in the long run. Every character has seen changes and universally every character has had their aerials landing lag frames refined to bette suit their overall all aerial moveset. i also did what project m did where they removed the 2-3 frames of controller input lag, basically you can think of brawl EX as me attempting to compile some good things from other past mods together to make brawl more enjoyable. Though i made sure to not make it feel like an inferior version of melee or something that's trying to rip off project M but rather something that feels like a reworked version of brawl.

Mario specifically also can like in balance brawl wall jump out of up-b and his fair was buffed just like in balanced brawl, only difference is the sweetspot has been adjusted so that it comes out after mario starts the initial swing of his arm rather than the start of the swing and the sweetspot also got a tad smaller. He also can shoot cancel out of his aerial fireball ending lag loosen than in normal brawl.

metaknight, has been nerfed, but like in balanced brawl his dimensional cape was changed but i buffed it's KO power, MK's dsmash has cooldown as does his other moves to compensate for there quick startup time, and his shuttle loop now pops opponents upward when used in the air just like grounded shuttle loop which can act as a combo finisher off the top, nado pops opponents out of it like balanced brawl but to a lesser extent.

The full list of changes with the rest of the casts changes will come with the DL link when i post it on smashboards later this month. I was hoping we'd get a public release of the clone engine used in project M for regular brawl because i had ideas for roy/mewtwo and a couple other characters for B:EX but maybe down the road when such an option is available i'll do something.
hmmmmm so far my eyebrow is raised.
i was interested until u said u changed the physics so ill skip this one.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well sadly, i had to withhold releasing it as the brawl ex clone engine was released, thus causing me to change the name to brawl DX paying homage to the japanese name given to melee and include roy and mewtwo into the roster. Also for people who are worried about the physics it feels almost exactly like brawl aside from more stun after being hit a some characters being adjusted to better suit their movesets, such as lucario having improved running speed and fox actually being heavier while falco being lighter and meta knight having decent air mobility. The adjustments have been made in a way so that people who have used these characters in brawl will feel comfortable using them and knowing that 95% of the things they could do in brawl are still there aside from chain grabs and infinites on top of new possibilities thanks to the slight increase in hitstun. Hopefully i can give a release date soon but i have lent out beta versions to people to try and if anyone is interested in testing it out just pm me and i can get it to you but for now i will be more of a closed beta thing rather than a full on public release.

serenthyr

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I was wondering about something. Instead of Temple (melee) I have this forest stage. I would want to have both this stage and Temple in the game. Removing STGDXSHRINE would give me Temple but not this forest stage.

I tried renaming the STGDXSHRINE file to another stage I didn't care about. But that made the game freeze selecting that stage.

Is there a way to get both these stages in the game?

Something else. I have added 2 lines of code to the .gct: Stage Builder No Limit and Stage Builder Allow Overlapping
The overlapping one doesn't work. Does someone know how to make it work?

Thank you!

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
Hey guys, I was wondering about something. Instead of Temple (melee) I have this forest stage. I would want to have both this stage and Temple in the game. Removing STGDXSHRINE would give me Temple but not this forest stage.

I tried renaming the STGDXSHRINE file to another stage I didn't care about. But that made the game freeze selecting that stage.

Is there a way to get both these stages in the game?

Something else. I have added 2 lines of code to the .gct: Stage Builder No Limit and Stage Builder Allow Overlapping
The overlapping one doesn't work. Does someone know how to make it work?

Thank you!
looks boring

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Custom Stages are made to work only over the edited one (in this case, Temple was edited to make that one stage).
When just renamed, it will often not work.
You'd have to get someone to edit another stage for that one, or make it yourself (or rename it to one stage that is compatible, but odds are against that).

And I am interested in the Beta.

serenthyr

Smash Rookie
Custom Stages are made to work only over the edited one (in this case, Temple was edited to make that one stage).
When just renamed, it will often not work.
You'd have to get someone to edit another stage for that one, or make it yourself (or rename it to one stage that is compatible, but odds are against that).

And I am interested in the Beta.
Thanks for the reply!

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
Last edited:

Ex2014

Smash Rookie
I want to add my own music that I want in BBrawl, however, when I did that, it didn't work. :( Can someone help me? Thanks :3

EDIT: Nvm. I don't need help anymore. :3 i got it all under control.:happysheep::sonic::awesome:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What method do you use to load it?
(The one in the Download, Gecko, Riivolution, edit the ISO...)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Do any of you know of a way to get the jab lock coding from balanced brawl by itself. As i don't want the ledgestalling, and stuff from that omnibus code but the jab locking multiple times code i need. I've been searching for months for it but can't find it was wondering if one of the devs from balanced brawl wouldn't mind supplying me with that for use in Brawl EX.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hi guys! I've been wondering lately if any of you happen to have any BBrawl replay.
No matter how old or bad or silly or janky, I'll save it and watch it.
And depending on how my search for a nice recording program goes, I might even upload them to youtube.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
since online of brawl is going to end in 4 days I really want to play balanced brawl online before it ends. let me know if anyone wants to play against me

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
Maybe her is not the place but anyways: Do exist a way to introduce your "Balanced Brawl Bonus" to another brawl mod?

Regards

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just letting everyone know that I STILL play the hell out of BBrawl and bring it to play with friends and family. Even though I also have Smash 4 and Melee: SDR.

When Brawl comes out for the Wii U Virtual Console now that Wii games are feasible now, I'll still patch it with BBrawl (just hope that SD non-HC cards are still around).

Also, can you please officially release an SDHC-compatible version of this? I had to go through hell to make it compatible with SDHC and the HBC (had to add the SDHC code and activate some stuff from the .txt file before converting it to .gct). I suggest using the Minima Launcher as it goes with the theme of changing as little as possible.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
IIRC, the Brawl disc has issues reading HC without a launcher/support engine, which BBrawl lacks.

EDIT: Just read the MinimaLauncher thing.
And I don't know, I always used Riivolution for a while, and BBrawl has always supported simplicity ML lools simple enough, but then again, Riivolution was pretty simple too.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
IIRC, the Brawl disc has issues reading HC without a launcher/support engine, which BBrawl lacks.

EDIT: Just read the MinimaLauncher thing.
And I don't know, I always used Riivolution for a while, and BBrawl has always supported simplicity ML lools simple enough, but then again, Riivolution was pretty simple too.
Minima is by far the simplest launcher (it has no UI to speak of and it just cuts straight to the game), and is my go-to launcher for all non-PM Brawl hacking now that I've lost my SD non-HC card and I've installed the Homebrew Channel (since I have no other use for the Wii now that I have a U).

Last edited:
Top Bottom