• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

banana lock?

.Sinn

Smash Rookie
not sure if this has been posted before but i believe diddy can do somewhat of a banana lock...

what you do is grab a banana jump and throw it down onto your opponent, your opponent will trip and the banana will bounce right back up, at this point you air dodge and land almost immediately, the air dodge makes you catch the banana. When you land your opponent is still in the tripping animation allowing you to jump back over him and repeat the process. Im not sure if you are able to roll out of it fast enough but it looks really really cool when done 5 times in a row. Easily done on bowser

No video sorry :\

Robiin

Smash Cadet
Sounds good, although it requires much skill and training.. and it doesn't hurt your opponent much, does it?

acojan

Smash Apprentice
wouldn't this be a lot easier if you just got out the two bananas and started throwing them at the opponent ? it should work if he does not DI - airdodge the first two cuz i have done this a few times before.

you throw your first banana and it hits him and lands in front of him
he slips on it and slides under his feet to somewhere near diddy
you throw your next banana

repeat *

i think pao0l or whateeer his name is ...sry if i spelled it wrong... i suck at remembering names ...
had a cmabo video if it

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sin is talking about jumping above him and jumping up and down while grabbing the banana and dropping it or it down. Paool just throws it at the other person while on the ground and keeps doing it until the oponent falls off the edge or he atacks

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
Banana lock?

Can't the opponent just catch the banana and do the same to diddy? i've done it to my friend a dew times and it's funny.

acojan

Smash Apprentice
you can catch a lot of diddy's stuff---- bananas, peanuts.... you can even catch diddy out of his f-special (atttack) roflll !

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I want to SEE someone lock a competent enemy in place with only one banana. :laugh:

There are all kinds of ways to do it with two bananas though. With just the right setup, you can keep them going for quite a while. But any smart player will be able to get out of it sooner or later. Its mostly a Mind Games thing... so if they are expecting it, it won't work.

.Sinn

Smash Rookie
sounds interesting...video would be awesome
well if anyone can record i will gladly send them a replay of it, it is pretty difficult to do and i tried it with my friend, even if they roll out u can easily chase after them when you jump and just continue to lock them

Top Bottom