• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Recovery

Quepp42

Smash Rookie
Ok, so when I grab on to the ledge when recovering, my brother will just charge a fsmash with DK or Pikachu. These attacks both have the hitboxes to nail me after my invincibility frames wear off and hit me through a get up attack.

When I was messing around trying to figure a way out, I found out a quick way to get a banana onto the stage near the edge when you are hanging from the ledge.

What you do:
-smash the control stick away from the ledge and perform your over B,
-use your second jump to move back toward the stage.
-just as you press the jump button perform diddy's down b to launch a banana onto the stage
-if timed correctly, an uncharged up b will then sweetspot you back onto the ledge quickly

from there, you can ledge drop to fair/nair and pick up the banana you just threw if it didnt hit your enemy.

I haven't messed around with this much yet so I want to see what you all think of it. Also if anyone else has any good recovery ideas against edge guarders please let me know! Oh, and apologies if this has already been talked about.

Quepp42

Smash Rookie
Sadly I cannot add a video, but I can try and explain it a little better.

When you are on the edge, if you smash away from the stage it causes diddy to let go. At the same instant he lets go, press B to do a diddy flip away from the stage.

Now, press the Y button (or whatever you have jump assigned to) and DI back towards the stage.

Right after you jump, toss a banana. Since your back is to the ledge, your banana will land on the stage, and if done correctly, right around where an edge guarder would stand.

By the time the banana toss animation is over, you should be directly under the ledge. A quick up B should sweet spot you back on the ledge.

From here you can ledge drop and use an aerial attack to hit the enemy who was just tripped, or if the enemy avoided the banana, you can use the aerial to pick said banana up.

IDK

Smash Lord
if i already have a banana with me i tap away from the stage, jump, and throw it at them. yay.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
its much easier if you just pulled out the banana and then do an aerial to catch the banana. Then use the side B to get back on the stage.

Top Bottom