• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
For the first time I just lost to a spammer. He spammed bananas. A lot.

So um yeah, I need a way to beat banana spammers. Normal diddys aren't that hard but this one was crazy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
For the first time I just lost to a spammer. He spammed bananas. A lot.

So um yeah, I need a way to beat banana spammers. Normal diddys aren't that hard but this one was crazy.
I'm assuming you main metaknight, this is my favorite matchup, I'm always fond of it. Learn to glide toss, I've been ***** by two metas that were smart and knew how and when to glide toss. Basically you're main concern is guarding the bananas, really. Diddy cant do **** besides a few little close combat stuff for long against metaknight without nanerz. He has no way to approach you without them (at least in a safe way), so be patient. Once you have a naner, don't just throw it, be gay and do metaknight stuff like whorenadoing. Use the naner to limit his options but be careful because diddy can pick it right back up fast with his lagless dash attack. So yeah, go reckless and aggressive and its game over buddy--this is metaknight players biggest mistake vs diddy.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Well you are playing Diddy. He is one with the naner its not spam for him. Chrome pirate said it all really

saberhof

Smash Master
Diddy cannot spam, its impossible, its just 2 things out there...its impossible to spam them...

on the other hand...

Lasers, arrows,c4's, charge shots, grenades, etc....all these CAN BE spammed....

Akashi

Smash Lord
It's only spam when you can't counter it. It's only camping until you can camp better than the other person. It's only "cheap wifi tactics" until you learn how to get around them. etc etc

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Diddy cannot spam, its impossible, its just 2 things out there...its impossible to spam them...

on the other hand...

Lasers, arrows, c4's, charge shots, grenades, etc....all these CAN BE spammed....
Der?

True that Naners can't really be spammed though... it just feels like it when you've got a good Diddy going ape**** all over the place with them.

Just keep your cool and watch the bananas. They're the dangerous things. Diddy... not as much. Focus on gaining control of at least one of the bananas, THEN mount an offensive.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Ok, why the f*ck is everything else spamming but bananas aren't? Of course the are. They're just like any other move. they can be used over and over again. This is the biggest load of bull sh*t I have ever heard.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ok, why the f*ck is everything else spamming but bananas aren't? Of course the are. They're just like any other move. they can be used over and over again. This is the biggest load of bull sh*t I have ever heard.
OH COME ON BOY! You main METAKNIGHT

Vall3y

Smash Lord
Important tip vs diddy: learn the mechanics of items and bananas
learn when and how you can pick up items, with z, with aerials, with a dash attack
be comfortable with them, and abuse them as much as you can if he's really carelessly spamming them, in which case should be easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom