• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So my uncle's a janitor at Nintendo, and he told me that this was the DLC list:

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie
Ridley
Twilight Sparkle
Some other character he said that was popular or something...

Have fun.
:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The closest we have is 3DS Dream Land. But I agree, we need a dedededicated Castle/Mt. Dedede stage.
Castle Dedede stage along with Dedede getting a ton of buffs that brings him up to SS tier.

Do it, Sakurai. Your baby needs it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Is there a way to balance that with a helicopter recovery- maybe only three or four multi jumps and a short copter ride?
Given how Dedede has less jumps than Kirby does in Smash even though they're evenly matched in flying ability in their home series, what you describe is exactly how I see it going for Bandana Waddle Dee.

What should next week's theme be? Or should I not have a theme at all?
I am too Dedede-biased to answer this question. :p

I still Dededestroy his Luigi occasionally. :^)
But I agree, we need a dedededicated Castle/Mt. Dedede stage.
I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one who does this. :laugh:

Speaking of, why Mount Dedede isn't a stage already is beyond me

The King is more enough than fitting for his own home stage
I wonder about this often. I mean, even the third-party inclusions have brought some other random gits' castles with them (Mega Man brought Dr. Wily's castle, and Ryu has Suzaku Castle), and yet we've still got Dedede and Bowser being left homeless (and no, the multi-part Smash 3DS stages where their castles appear don't count). :p

If Castle Dedede was a stage, it'd have to have a feature whereby you could launch people out of that repeatedly-broken hole in the roof that Dedede himself has been launched out of more than once. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
There should at least be a post-Sakurai Kirby stage. So many options:
Another Dimension
The Starcutter
Royal Road
Dark MK's Arena/Dimension Mirror
Halcandra
A Squeak Squad stage (potentially Castle Dedede)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If they're going to make Castle Dedede, it'd be best to use the real design, as used in Kirby's Dream Land, and recently brought back in Kirby Triple Deluxe, rather than one that was stylistically changed as a nod to the accursed anime, though. :p

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If they ever made a Halcandra stage, I would want them to include Galacta Knight in the background, and if any Kirby characters are present, he stays and glares st them (not affecting gameplay however).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And Masked Dedede costume.
I would use this. It's not like it'd be difficult to pull off - they did a lot of asset-pulling for this game, and the mask and the Dedede Hammer are both right there in Kirby Triple Deluxe. I would happily pay for it the same as a Mii Fighter outfit, even!

Sorry for inactivity (again). Anyways, here's a cool picture from Miiverse I found: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkiwv801g
Hah, I love it! Great find! :grin:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
If Bandana Dee gets in, would his spear's cloth change color in the alternate costumes?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
There should at least be a post-Sakurai Kirby stage. So many options:
Another Dimension
The Starcutter
Royal Road
Dark MK's Arena/Dimension Mirror
Halcandra
I really hope we get Cookie Country or maybe a transitional stage that goes through all the KRTDL stages, and transitions with the Lor Starcutter coming down and taking off to the next stage, I think either of those'd be a nice stage along with the ones you mentioned.

Sorry for inactivity (again). Anyways, here's a cool picture from Miiverse I found: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkiwv801g
Wolf and K. Rool's expressions here are priceless.

So what is everyone's down b ideas? I'm still thinking that a food spawning power would be cool, but I doubt that or megaton punch will happen...
As a little nod to Kirby 64's Waddle Dee I'd want to see him pull out a minecart (from thin air) and ride it, kind of like Wario's side B, but probably a bit faster and a bit less sturdy.

If Bandana Dee gets in, would his spear's cloth change color in the alternate costumes?
I'd hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. Even if they do though, it might not end up a good way, have you guys seen :4pacman:'s costumes? All they did is change his gloves :/ , imagine how lame it'd be if all 8 Bandana Dee costumes are all just the exact same with a different color spear cloth :laugh:.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Bandana Dee may be the next Smashified. Look at their hints.
What hints?

Also, @Coro_ finished my request, so I have a new avatar. I love it.

So now my name is Yoshister, I main Lucas (Purple alt. with a baby drago) and Toon Link, and my avatar is a Pikachu wearing a Boney shirt. I'm the king of konsistantcy.

Dee pun of dee day is this line. Let's try to create a new Dee pun every dee.

This post is really cluttered. I like that.

:4lucas:

Last edited:
I visited Smashifed's twitter page. One of the tweets was:
"Our upcoming 12th Smashified character is a nintendo first party, who also appeared in both Brawl and Smash Wii U/3DS."

Bandana Dee doesn't appear in either. Unless they think BDee and regular Waddle Dee are the same.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
What hints?

So now my name is Yoshister, I main Lucas and Toon Link, and my avatar has a Pikachu on it. I'm the king of konsistantcy.

This post is really cluttered.
Aw, your new avi is definitely adorable.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I visited Smashifed's twitter page. One of the tweets was:
"Our upcoming 12th Smashified character is a nintendo first party, who also appeared in both Brawl and Smash Wii U/3DS."

Bandana Dee doesn't appear in either. Unless they think BDee and regular Waddle Dee are the same.
I am very confused.

:4lucas:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What hints?

So now my name is Yoshister, I main Lucas (Purple alt. with a baby drago) and Toon Link, and my avatar is a Pikachu wearing a Boney shirt. I'm the king of konsistantcy.

This post is really cluttered. I like that.
Nice avi. I like it.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
I'd hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. Even if they do though, it might not end up a good way, have you guys seen :4pacman:'s costumes? All they did is change his gloves :/ , imagine how lame it'd be if all 8 Bandana Dee costumes are all just the exact same with a different color spear cloth :laugh:.
Well it's better than changing the color of pac-man.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
They're probably thinking his name is just waddle Dee. Dedede's side B in Brawl? Smash Run enemy? I'm just guessing here...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Someone replied "I though you weren't going to do veterans" and they replied "Who said it's gonna be a veteran", so I think it's not Wolf.
And when people flipped out about Link "being a girl" in the first Zelda U trailer, Aonuma said "Who said that was Link?"

I'm holding my grounds. I've given up on being pleasantly surprised by Smashified as I feel their quality in work and choices peaked with K. Rool.

Furret24

Smash Master
have you guys seen :4pacman:'s costumes? All they did is change his gloves :/
Silly Zero Soul. Five give you wings on your boots and arm pads, with another giving you a cut sweater.

His alts are still god-awful though. :/

Edit: Yoshister Yoshister , your new profile pic is the best thing in the history of anything ever. :p

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The fact we didn't get a Ms. Pac-Man alt still shocks me. I GUESS it's because they wouldn't be able to edit the "pizza" form of the attacks to match but I don't think fans would be upset about that....

D

Deleted member

Since Yoshister Yoshister and Furret24 Furret24 are doing the character head icon thing at the end of their posts. I'm gonna do it with Dedede and see how long it sticks. Dedede's presence anywhere is always welcomed.

:4dedede:

Top Bottom