• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
However, both can be 100% right. It seems Shinobi has a Sony/Microsoft connection while Tansuit has a Square Enix one. Both could be leaking characters for the same event and we wouldnt even know. This is why i wouldnt be shocked If both Erdrick and Banjo are our next 2 fighters.
I wasn't saying that. I was just saying how it can be understandable why you might trust one guy and not the other.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think the difference is Tansuit only has a track record of Cloud. Sure its still 100% but that still doesn't compare to someone who has leaked a bunch of correct stuff and has a 90%+ success rate. You really have to compare their percentage to how often they do it.
That's true. In fact, isn't Tansuit erdrick's main support?

I was just interested with the current situation as a couple of months earlier Tansuit said Erdrick and people just accept it that Erdrick is 100% playable because Tansuit got Cloud, while Shinobi has a more indepth track record, says Banjo and people are warned to hype cautiously and be wary.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You know, if Banjo gets in, he reunites with not only the N64 cast (Diddy Kong in particular), but also Ken (from the rumor that everybody and their grandparents knew about).
Ken?
Edit, nevermind I get it.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

I was just interested with the current situation as a couple of months earlier Tansuit said Erdrick and people just accept it that Erdrick is 100% playable because Tansuit got Cloud, while Shinobi has a more indepth track record, says Banjo and people are warned to hype cautiously and be wary.
I think that's people's biases slipping through.

We're told to take Tansuit (who only leaked one thing) and Vergeben (a spotty track record at best) at their word and now everyone is expecting Erdrick. Yet when an insider with a spotless track record hints at Banjo, we're told to temper our expectations.

ze9

Smash Ace
There are 5 spots, it's very possible that Banjo and Erdrick both get in.
Though it'd be a bit strange to have 100% of the dlc characters get "leaked" in advance.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
There are some interesting points that I didn’t think of. Like you all have been saying, it seems Shinobi has a source at Sony/Microsoft, yet doesn’t really leak anything for Nintendo. Which makes it interesting if they are leaking Smash.

If Shinobi has some prolific Microsoft source, it could be reasonable that they would know about Banjo in Smash since Microsoft of course is the owner of Rare/Banjo. It also would make sense why they know little to nothing else about other Nintendo games.

Edit: This also could explain why Shinobi didn’t say anything about Erdrick if there’s going to be a double reveal like I’m expecting. They wouldn’t have a source with either Nintendo or Squenix so they’d only know the Microsoft character.

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Banjo isnt new though.
I think the implication (by people who believe as much) is that they invited Nintendo/Sakurai.

Though this tweet is so vague they could mean they're inviting an actual bear on-stage to announce a game.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Probably late to this but here's my take at the whole thing

There's too much Banjo stuff coming out of the woodwork for it to NOT be something big involving him is happening soon. But at the same time, since Nintendo is so secretive about the DLC that literally no one was able to leak Joker until his reveal, I don't think Nintendo would allow companies to give away their reveal through merchandise if Smash is the only thing happening for Banjo.

I think this points less to Banjo in Smash and more to a new Banjo-Kazooie game or remaster of one or both the first two games. That being said, if Banjo is indeed getting a new release, then a follow-up announcement with his Ultimate reveal isn't off the table either.
Though this tweet is so vague they could mean they're inviting an actual bear on-stage to announce a game.
That would be the ideal scenario

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There are some interesting points that I didn’t think of. Like you all have been saying, it seems Shinobi has a source at Sony/Microsoft, yet doesn’t really leak anything for Nintendo. Which makes it interesting if they are leaking Smash.

If Shinobi has some prolific Microsoft source, it could be reasonable that they would know about Banjo in Smash since Microsoft of course is the owner of Rare/Banjo. It also would make sense why they know little to nothing else about other Nintendo games.

Edit: This also could explain why Shinobi didn’t say anything about Erdrick if there’s going to be a double reveal like I’m expecting. They wouldn’t have a source with either Nintendo or Squenix so they’d only know the Microsoft character.
Actually, Shinobi did leak Ultimate before the Direct that revealed it - using the exact same phrase he used to tease Banjo

So yeah, he's pretty credible. More so than any other leaker.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Actually, Shinobi did leak Ultimate before the Direct that revealed it - using the exact same phrase he used to tease Banjo

So yeah, he's pretty credible. More so than any other leaker.
Yeah, I did say “little to nothing” which was supposed to imply one or two things, which includes the Smash reveal. But it’s interesting how the only Nintendo stuff that Shinobi even really talks about is related to Smash.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
There are 5 spots, it's very possible that Banjo and Erdrick both get in.
Though it'd be a bit strange to have 100% of the dlc characters get "leaked" in advance.
Well, Joker wasn't leaked and as far as I know we don't have any more specific leak (outside of 4chan because I just assume they've managed to "leak" every possible combination of characters anyway) that includes them both. Unless, you're talking E3 which wouldn't be super strange given Erdrick would have been known for ages and Banjo either has been leaked for ages too or just very recently got real traction.

Also, I mean, there's only four spots left haha.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I KNEW something had to have happened when this thread was OVER FORTY PAGES since my last check in. I usually only lurk but I've previously expressed my desire to see Banjo return in this thread. Plus I'm always liking posts, so I'm sure you've seen my name around before.

I'm super happy for everyone if Banjo makes it in. Like SUPER HAPPY. I personally don't have any nostalgia or ties to Banjo, but the fact that he used to be a Nintendo character uniting with his former brethren brings a smile to my face. I told one of my friends that if Banjo got in, I was going to swipe his copies of Kazooie and Tooie to run through them, but if Rare Replay comes to Switch, then maybe I'll just buy that instead! He's hoping we'll see him on the 11th!!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you guys post way too damn much. How am I supposed to read through 20 pages a day?!

Second, the amount of merch that has come out in the last 6 months or so is as suspicious as the amount of confidence we've seen from insiders on Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion, and Phil Spencer's silence on the matter? They're far from confirmed, but there's enough here for even a scarred K. Rool fan like me to go all in on the chance that they make some grand return at E3. I don't care whether it's in Smash, an HD remaster, or a new game.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

And you know what. Erdrick is only his opinion. His source didn't say Erdrick. Literally everyone has been running around treating an opinion as absolute fact.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I think one thing we need to take away from all these leaky bits is just how much the internet will explode when Banjo-kazooie is officially confirmed. We are just at the tip of the iceberg people, just imagine the reactions from your favorite streamers and Youtubers. Imagine the waves of fan art and remixes of their tunes. Coincidentally, who do you all prefer when it comes to the content creators? I'm looking forward to seeing papagenos papagenos reaction along with the blue creature known as Arlo.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Ridley and K. Rool made me rip my shirt... Banjo would make me rip my pants.

It's ok I'll have spare pants under the pants just in case.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hey B-K longtime supporters. I'm rooting for you this E3. If only Banjo as a fighter gets announced along side Rare Replay Switch...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not gonna lie. I am kind of bummed that I know that Banjo will now VERY LIKELY happen.

Like, I'm excited as hell for him and will absolutely blow the **** up in excitement when I see him buuuuut it might've been even bigger had I known nothing. I felt the same way about Simon though, and I still destroyed my windows with my screams. But the absolute RAW emotion that came from the K. Rool reveal, especially since there was no leaks or anything for him, was... on a whole new level.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I think the implication (by people who believe as much) is that they invited Nintendo/Sakurai.

Instead of banjo for smash we get an actual realistic looking bear.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Xbox exclusives that are actually good?
Hey now. Gears of War 4 is the best third person shooter on the market. And so was Gears 3 before that.

Other than that I got nothin'.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not gonna lie. I am kind of bummed that I know that Banjo will now VERY LIKELY happen.

Like, I'm excited as hell for him and will absolutely blow the **** up in excitement when I see him buuuuut it might've been even bigger had I known nothing. I felt the same way about Simon though, and I still destroyed my windows with my screams. But the absolute RAW emotion that came from the K. Rool reveal, especially since there was no leaks or anything for him, was... on a whole new level.
Hmmm... I feel like Cloud and Joker are huge exceptions, because they were characters some people wanted, but everyone thought were impossible - mostly due to fanrules.

Considering that Banjo has been requested all this time, I personally would prefer to have confirmation sooner rather than (possibly) never. I was very glad that Ridley and K. Rool were revealed quickly, in a way. Even if that meant the less impressive reveals came last. I think I feel a similar way towards DLC.

Also, here's something I thought about: counting Piranha Plant, and in case Erdrick and Banjo are E3 reveals, we'd have gotten two Sakurai picks (PP and Joker) and two fan picks (Erdrick and Banjo). Maybe the last two would be complete surprise picks? Dunno, just a stray thought.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I think one thing we need to take away from all these leaky bits is just how much the internet will explode when Banjo-kazooie is officially confirmed. We are just at the tip of the iceberg people, just imagine the reactions from your favorite streamers and Youtubers. Imagine the waves of fan art and remixes of their tunes. Coincidentally, who do you all prefer when it comes to the content creators? I'm looking forward to seeing papagenos papagenos reaction along with the blue creature known as Arlo.
Oh absolutely. Thought the internet went crazy for K Rool, Ridley, Joker, and/or Plant? Banjo and Kazooie would make the internet go into a @#%$ing FRENZY. Wouldn't be surprised if some websites went down.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I know how you feel but at the same time.

I still am in utter disbelief that K. Rool is in Smash almost a year after he was revealed. Thinking Banjo is probably going to happen and actually SEEING him happen are two very different things, and I believe I may cry if/when he's revealed.

That's how much he means to me.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I have a weird question. How would you feel about Nintendo adding Banjo to Smash because they bought the IP from Microsoft? As in, them getting in isn't entirely because Microsoft allowed it, but that Nintendo saw an opportunity and took it. That, however, would be assuming Nintendo cared enough about Rare to buy something back, considering what fate had in store for their relationship.

StormC

Smash Hero

I feel similarly regarding Ridley vs. K. Rool. Ridley reveal was exciting and I jumped up and down, but there was still the expectation he would be there.

I didn’t expect K. Rool at all in that Direct and actually started crying during his trailer. I do think I will get emotional regarding Banjo’s trailer though regardless.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have a weird question. How would you feel about Nintendo adding Banjo to Smash because they bought the IP from Microsoft? As in, them getting in isn't entirely because Microsoft allowed it, but that Nintendo saw an opportunity and took it. That, however, would be assuming Nintendo cared enough about Rare to buy something back, considering what fate had in store for their relationship.
The problem with that is that is it is harder to hide because they would have to file the paperwork on who owns what. And that is easily searchable in government databases.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm the opposite. Knowing beforehand is way better because you know and the worry and frustration of the buildup are gone plus absolutely nothing can take away the excitement of seeing a character you want join the roster.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Seeing introspecktive react to it might be legendary seeing as he's been waiting for him awhile now and erik shaw(whose a smaller youtuber but is also a big fan of him I believe).

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I actually am feeling a bit similarly. Seeing Ridley and K. Rool finally revealed after hoping for it for so long was such an intense feeling of surprise, satisfaction and hype, and his reveal is what made me decide to buy a Switch. Banjo and Geno finally being announced are the only thing that would could top that feeling for me at this point, and having them be a complete surprise might have made me genuinely cry from sheer happiness. But tbh I probably will still cry if it happens lol

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm the opposite. Knowing beforehand is way better because you know and the worry and frustration of the buildup are gone plus absolutely nothing can take away the excitement of seeing a character you want join the roster.
It's one thing to know about it. It's something else when it's official and you get to SEE it come true. And not just seeing them announced, but seeing their official HD CGI render for Smash, seeing their gameplay and how much it (hopefully) translates to Smash, to hear their music updated and revamped, to see their home come to Smash, and see their place in the Smash Ultimate banner and of course seeing and getting possession of the eventual amiibo. God I hope we're not disappointed yet again this time...

Last edited:
Top Bottom